Utah State LB Jamaal Evans Charged with Rape

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Looks like Utah State lost one of their better freshmen (3 star recruit) because he's turned out to be a disgusting human being. The description is pretty graphic, and he doesn't even deny the charge, so if you don't want the details, I recommend not reading the article.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46351633/us ... n-at-party
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Sounds like they have some real problems. The dudes a scumbag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Yeah. I definitely subscribe to "innocent until proven guilty," but in this case I don't see how he possibly could be NOT guilty, since he pretty much admits it, and the girl was more or less unconscious the whole time.

But yeah, Utah State now has several of these in the past few years. Not a good look, and I hope this case is used by our coaching staff to teach our players to not even put themselves into situations where they can face accusations like this (and obviously one would hope all our players 100% respect and understand what consent is).
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Utah State and BYU have rosters chock full of thugs
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

Based on the description, this is an open/shut case. He won't be able to recover from this in life, ever. Good riddance.

I hope coaches and other leaders can use this as a teaching moment for young men. This is beyond a bad decision, but is an appropriate example to show that you need to be smarter than this soon to be convict.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

J-Bone wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:22 am Based on the description, this is an open/shut case. He won't be able to recover from this in life, ever. Good riddance.

I hope coaches and other leaders can use this as a teaching moment for young men. This is beyond a bad decision, but is an appropriate example to show that you need to be smarter than this soon to be convict.
Pretty much exactly how I feel about it on all points. This guy's ruined his life, but even worse, he also really hurt somebody else in a way that's incredibly hard to recover from. I feel guilty saying it, but I'm relieved I don't have any daughters with people like that around. I would like to think my son would/will try his best to stop a crime like that if he's ever present when things start going south.