Korey Jones / Robert Priester Updates

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
FarEastPoke
Ranch Hand

Jones had 6 tackles for the Edmonton Eskimos while Priester had 4 tackles for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers as the Bombers beat the Eskimos 33-13 in CFL preseason action. Link: https://www.cfl.ca/games/2460/edmonton- ... /#boxscore
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

NCAA should allow another year of eligibility to G5 teams. These guys could do well in the NFL if they had another year or so of coaching, growth, etc. Sad to see them beat themselves up for $50k a year.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

WyoBrandX wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:00 am NCAA should allow another year of eligibility to G5 teams. These guys could do well in the NFL if they had another year or so of coaching, growth, etc. Sad to see them beat themselves up for $50k a year.
It's great that these guys can still play and live their dream. But come on let's be realistic...watching Korey Jones and Robert Priester at Wyoming there was never a time that I thought these guys could do well in the NFL.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

WyoBrandX wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:00 am NCAA should allow another year of eligibility to G5 teams. These guys could do well in the NFL if they had another year or so of coaching, growth, etc. Sad to see them beat themselves up for $50k a year.
Getting to play a sport they love for 50K, sounds good to me. Hell, in college they got nothing.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

cowboyz wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:46 pm
Getting to play a sport they love for 50K, sounds good to me. Hell, in college they got nothing.
I wouldn’t call a college education with room, board and stipend nothing. I’d actually say it’s pretty comparable to $50K.

That said and with what we now know about concussions and as much as I love sports and football in particular, I wouldn’t agree to play professional football for $50K and risk long term health.