Sports Gambling...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Wyoming should pass the law to allow sports betting. The state needs to be proactive instead of like 30 years behind.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:14 pm Wyoming should pass the law to allow sports betting. The state needs to be proactive instead of like 30 years behind.
I would think the jump from off track betting on horse racing to betting on all sports should be an easy one to make. They could just expand the offering at those sites, and even allow Internet betting for Wyoming residents. But it is Wyoming, so who knows.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

That would be nice.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

CowboyNV wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:05 pm
WyoVaquero wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:14 pm Wyoming should pass the law to allow sports betting. The state needs to be proactive instead of like 30 years behind.
I would think the jump from off track betting on horse racing to betting on all sports should be an easy one to make. They could just expand the offering at those sites, and even allow Internet betting for Wyoming residents. But it is Wyoming, so who knows.
They really need to unhitch (no pun intended) legalized gaming from horse track operation. It clearly creates an uneven, restrained-trade playing field. Of the two guys operating OTB in the state, one of them, the guy from out of state, is shady as hell and is likely operating in Wyoming due to his inability to get a Nevada gaming license. Bar operators are finding themselves competing with OTB operations that sell beer at or below cost because of their gaming revenue, where bar operators rely on beverage sales to keep the doors open.

Wyoming should definitely legalize sports betting and create separate, stand-alone licenses free of the OTB requirement of horse track ownership and operation. They also need to strengthen licensing requirements, investigations, and approval.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Gambling should never be legalized in the state of Wyoming or anywhere else for that matter.

I've seen what it can do to people and it isn't pretty.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

castlerocker wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:26 pm Gambling should never be legalized in the state of Wyoming or anywhere else for that matter.

To be fair, you can say the same about alcohol, pot, the deed, and video games.

I had two friends at UW who both completely crashed and burned because of World of Warcraft. They were both in their junior years of Computer Science and had done great up until that point. Both of them more or less disappeared off the face of the earth.

One of them (a guy I transferred with from WWCC) took my order at Arby's a couple of years ago. He should've graduated in 2005 or 2006.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I've seen what online message boards can do to people....
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:37 pm
castlerocker wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:26 pm Gambling should never be legalized in the state of Wyoming or anywhere else for that matter.

Or....roots for BYU or Fort Fart..... :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Wyokie wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:31 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:37 pm

Or....roots for BYU or Fort Fart..... :roll:
I'm thankful for sheep fans. They make it very satisfying no matter in what manner we beat the Sheep. I just wish they wouldn't abandon their team so easily so they could be taunted a bit more.

I still wish BYU didn't even exist.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:54 pm I've seen what online message boards can do to people....
:rofl:
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

Well then, let's just put the crossbar up on the empty barn or jump into the open water where the ship used to be...

:roll: