Say it ain’t so....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:52 am
CowboyNV wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:55 am
Wyovanian wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:03 am F--k byu* and f--k Tom Burman if he does this. I, for one, will greatly reduce my annual donations if we dignify that institution.
+1000 This needs to be not only the attitude of all Wyoming fans, it needs to be the attitude adopted by all of the members of the MWC. BYU did everything in their power to destroy this conference, yet there are teams that continue to support their efforts at independence. They have become irrelevant and need to go the way of the dinosaur. They wanted nothing to do with the MWC, so why the hell give them games now? I will never support having them on the schedule period. :twocents:
I will not be renewing my season tickets for any season in which we play BYU. I too cannot support condoning BYU's behavior in backstabbing its long time conference members (and trying to concoct a plan to dismantle the MWC and boost the WAC on their way out). This is horrible.
Same here. No way I can condone this. :thumbdown:
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

The MWC should have held strong and not scheduled those f-word after they departed. It didn't - and now we have this poop dialogue going on. Imagine if the MWC didn't schedule any games with them last year, they would have had to fill 5 or 6 slots...essentially aiding to their death (which I wish nothing more). f-word YOU BwhyU
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I hope we beat Utah next year, that'd show em something, PAC 12 wannabes
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

The response here isn't about some higher loyalty to the Mountain West. What has the MWC ever done for Wyoming? Frankly Wyoming needs the MWC way more than the other way around. Any MWC team is in a better spot than BYU anyways, frankly we should be laughing, rather than cursing, at BYU.

Let's face it: Wyoming fans have an inferiority complex. Can't blame anyone for feeling that way after the past decade but it's true. If fans thought we could beat them then we'd be begging for this game to happen to shove everything BYU did back in their faces. Forget the fact that we would be renewing a decades-old rivalry against a school people loved to hate even before conference realignment drama, surely to be one of the most attended home games in whatever year it happens. Simple as this: if we're pissed off at BYU antics, lets mop the turf with them and make a statement for the MWC. A certain school in Idaho that is always better than UW in FB and BB has played them the past six seasons and won four. The crowd of fans crying out against this says to me we don't think that's possible.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Poke in New England wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:56 pm The response here isn't about some higher loyalty to the Mountain West. What has the MWC ever done for Wyoming? Frankly Wyoming needs the MWC way more than the other way around. Any MWC team is in a better spot than BYU anyways, frankly we should be laughing, rather than cursing, at BYU.

Let's face it: Wyoming fans have an inferiority complex. Can't blame anyone for feeling that way after the past decade but it's true. If fans thought we could beat them then we'd be begging for this game to happen to shove everything BYU did back in their faces. Forget the fact that we would be renewing a decades-old rivalry against a school people loved to hate even before conference realignment drama, surely to be one of the most attended home games in whatever year it happens. Simple as this: if we're pissed off at BYU antics, lets mop the turf with them and make a statement for the MWC. A certain school in Idaho that is always better than UW in FB and BB has played them the past six seasons and won four. The crowd of fans crying out against this says to me we don't think that's possible.
I look at this a little differently. Let's say you work for company ABC, and one of your fellow employees decides to leave and start the same kind of business on his own - but, on the way out the door he does everything possible to destroy the company you work for, and put all of you out on the street with no jobs and no prospects. Well, that's what BYU tried to do. So, would you throw your ex fellow employee a bone a few times a year to keep his sorry ass in business, or would you do everything in your power to put that f-word under? Me, I'm a vindictive son of a bitch and I would do everything in my power to put that dude on the unemployment line. One year of ALL of the MWC teams telling BYU to stick it would put them out of football forever. So, no, it is nothing to do with inferiority complexes and everything to do with something much more basic than that. If I let you f-word me over, it will only happen once. You will never get another opportunity to do it again. That's the stance the MWC needs to adopt. You f-word us once BYU and it isn't happening again. :twocents:
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Poke in New England wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:56 pm The response here isn't about some higher loyalty to the Mountain West. What has the MWC ever done for Wyoming? Frankly Wyoming needs the MWC way more than the other way around. Any MWC team is in a better spot than BYU anyways, frankly we should be laughing, rather than cursing, at BYU.

More dead wrong BS!

Scheduling byu is caving to BYU to make their independence even possible. If the MWC teams could grow a spine and band together and not schedule BYU, BYU football would die on the vine. After the crap BYU pulled which could have forced Wyoming to an inferior conference, they completely deserve it.

Burman has a chance to make a statement here. I truly hope that statement is that he is a man that sticks to his word.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:26 pm

More dead wrong BS!

Scheduling byu is caving to BYU to make their independence even possible. If the MWC teams could grow a spine and band together and not schedule BYU, BYU football would die on the vine. After the crap BYU pulled which could have forced Wyoming to an inferior conference, they completely deserve it.

Burman has a chance to make a statement here. I truly hope that statement is that he is a man that sticks to his word.
I hate to say it, but BYU doesn't need to play us to be independent. Yes they play a lot of the Mountain West each year, but something tells me they have enough history/pedigree/money to get by just fine without playing the seventh best conference in college football. They have unlimited flexibility and have shown willingness to travel wherever. For better or worse they will have no problem existing as an independent program.

The point is that other MWC schools aren't refusing to play them. Instead of holding a grudge Burman and Bohl could line UW up 11 on 11 and punish them that way. But instead we'll take our ball and go home to play UC Davis, Gardner-Webb, Wofford, Idaho and Weber State instead.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Poke in New England wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:43 pm I hate to say it, but BYU doesn't need to play us to be independent. Yes they play a lot of the Mountain West each year, but something tells me they have enough history/pedigree/money to get by just fine without playing the seventh best conference in college football. They have unlimited flexibility and have shown willingness to travel wherever. For better or worse they will have no problem existing as an independent program.

The point is that other MWC schools aren't refusing to play them. Instead of holding a grudge Burman and Bohl could line UW up 11 on 11 and punish them that way. But instead we'll take our ball and go home to play UC Davis, Gardner-Webb, Wofford, Idaho and Weber State instead.
You're right, they don't need us to stay independent. But for some reason they keep wanting to schedule MWC teams.

Maybe it's because their worst attendance years have been since they went independent.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865 ... w-low.html
BJC
A Real Cowboy

How about a "neutral" game in Denver?
Or rotate from Denver...Vegas?..Seattle? :twocents:
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Poke in New England wrote: ↑Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:43 pm
I hate to say it, but BYU doesn't need to play us to be independent. Yes they play a lot of the Mountain West each year, but something tells me they have enough history/pedigree/money to get by just fine without playing the seventh best conference in college football. They have unlimited flexibility and have shown willingness to travel wherever. For better or worse they will have no problem existing as an independent program.
BYU IS having problems as an independent and they know Wyoming is on the upswing so they see it as an opportunity for themselves. Even if we were winning every game we played I wouldn't want them to be a part of it. I'm just a bit tired of the arrogant bastards and their self serving, devious ways.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

castlerocker wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:07 pm
Poke in New England wrote: ↑Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:43 pm
BYU IS having problems as an independent and they know Wyoming is on the upswing so they see it as an opportunity for themselves. Even if we were winning every game we played I wouldn't want them to be a part of it. I'm just a bit tired of the arrogant bastards and their self serving, devious ways.
+1 BILLION!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

Poke in New England wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:43 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:26 pm

More dead wrong BS!

Everything you’ve stated are my thoughts exactly. Are we sooo ignorant to think that the MWC is ever going to “band together” and not schedule BYU??? I hate to break it to you people, but there are other MWC folks that would not only prefer to play BYU over Wyoming, but they would also kick us out of the conference in a heart-beat if they had their pick.

This is our turn to dictate negotiations and kick them where the sun don’t shine...and it’s been extremely overdue. I for one am confident in the trajectory of this program right now and I’m confident we can serve them a can of whoop ass on national television.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Laradise is a closet BYU fan. He was offended that ESPN/nfl had combine coverage at the buck and now this all the proof I need.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

Cool story Marcus!

If we schedule the Borg these are the terms....a home-home series where they come to Laramie FIRST (no room to buy-out a game in the event they beat us in Provostan prior to a Laramie game). Games should also take place in SEPTEMBER...no games after September!!! I repeat....NO GAMES AFTER SEPTEMBER!!!

Also, including a game on neutral territory will be an added plus. No to any of these terms and we walk. Very simple.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

They still get money out of us playing them. I'd rather that money ended up with a D2 team. BYU deserves death regardless of whether other MWC teams are spinless or not. It's a crappy team with crappy fans and a school which makes awful immoral decisions.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Who is BYU going to get to fill their Oct-Nov schedule w/ out the MWC? more FCS and D2 schools. Let them die and play for participation ribbons.

seriously, what is the point of their miserable seasons? to win what? They literally play for participation ribbons. I'd rather not be a part of that farce
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

MWC be damned (which it largely is) and byu be damned (which it largely is), there is NO DAMN REASON for US to schedule byu. None. Nada. Zilch.

Close that chapter and move on. There are better G5 schools to target and build relationships with.

Burman should be fired if he even considers this.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

They play soooo many weird games east of the Rockies. Giving them a regional series like Wyoming is helping them in a way. Last season was a humbler that no BYU fan saw coming. First 9-loss season since the 50s. They're just entering the beginning of a dark era of football...and with no conference to support them.

Let's take the Ivan Drago route and just say if they die, they die. No need to aid their cause with a series.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

What good is a villain if you never get to play it?

Yes, BYU is a sanctimonious, hypocritical, history denying, greedy bunch of cheats.

So we're supposed to skip out on an amazing rivalry that would probably be the best selling game for Wyo most years and one of the easiest away games for fans to attend? Audience-wise, playing BYU annually is equivalent to having an extra power conference team on the schedule.

I hope Burman schedules based on what's best for Wyoming football moving forward. If he's ignoring or passing on games based on hurt feelings, he should be fired.
52-56
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

The rivalry will be great for half blue-half brown jersey sales for fans like laradise to buy. Laradise, do you wear your embroidered cougar magic underwear under your game day pokes gear?