Rams Get a Naming Rights Sponsor

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Public Service Credit Union is paying CSU $37.7 million for a 15-year agreement, although a formal new name for the stadium will not be announced Thursday. That funding, combined with an anonymous $20 million pledge two years ago to name the field after former coach Sonny Lubick, puts CSU’s combined total naming rights income among the largest in college football.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-colora ... 37581.html

Meanwhile, the Broncos are still playing in the stadium formally known as Sports Authority/invesco field
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

https://twitter.com/KellyLyell/status/9 ... 4917067776
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Wyoming needs to do this and bad. With the money's starting to dry up there is more of a need now than ever. Personally I think it should have been done long ago.
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

aranderson wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:39 am Wyoming needs to do this and bad. With the money's starting to dry up there is more of a need now than ever. Personally I think it should have been done long ago.
Think this has been suggested before...

Welcome to Taco Johns stadium, featuring the Taco Tuesday Scoreboard, and the official Potato Ole End Zones. The Mild Sauce restrooms are located throughout. Let's all rise and join in for the Taco Bravo Cowboy Joe Fight Song!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

yopaulie wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:19 pm Think this has been suggested before...

Welcome to Taco Johns stadium, featuring the Taco Tuesday Scoreboard, and the official Potato Ole End Zones. The Mild Sauce restrooms are located throughout. Let's all rise and join in for the Taco Bravo Cowboy Joe Fight Song!
I don't see anything wrong with any of this.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

J-Rod wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:33 pm
yopaulie wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:19 pm Think this has been suggested before...

I don't see anything wrong with any of this.
It is the world we live in currently. We have to join in or get left behind.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

That’s a lot of dough wasted to associate your brand with a losing program. Wonder what kind of return on investment they expect to get?? :coffee:
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

LaradiseCowboy wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:48 pm That’s a lot of dough wasted to associate your brand with a losing program. Wonder what kind of return on investment they expect to get?? :coffee:
They've been in bowl games 4 years in a row. They get 6000 incoming freshman each year who need credit cards or checking accounts. There is so much construction both residential and commercial right now in northern Colorado that this credit union thinks that putting their name out there will get them a piece of it. I think they overpaid for it but if csewe is a losing program, then what are we?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I like The Salsa Bowl at War Memorial Stadium sponsored by Taco John's. But i truly agree (unfortunately) we need Corporate sponsorship and soon, maybe then they'll start constuction on the West side of the Bowl....
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

If we got that kind of money from a single sponsorship, I'm pretty sure we'd be cheering like crazy.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:24 am If we got that kind of money from a single sponsorship, I'm pretty sure we'd be cheering like crazy.
Agreed. As big as "friendly ladies" as our athletic department is, and as willing as they are to gouge the f-word out of the fan base (including the Wildcatter), it absolutely amazes me that the AA is still the AA (ridiculous name), and the naming rights to the War sit vacant (I.E. - UPS War Memorial Stadium or similar).
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

UPS War Memorial Stadium with Taco John's concessions, now that's a good combo, I think
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

How funny would it have been if the UW fan base (or single donor) invested in the CSU stadium and gave it a name that had to do with being UW's second home of sorts...I'm un-un-imaginative, so I'm sure you guys can come up with something a lot more funny to pass the time.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

Just call it Fort Fart Stadium and call it a day.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Need Taco Johns to step up......
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

BJC wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:23 pm Need Taco Johns to step up......
Urgh, the Taco John's here in town closed. It was in a terrible location that was very inconvenient to get in and out of (right on 287 with no turning lanes and a very quick turn right into their location. It had previously been in the same location and shut down for the same reason, but strangely enough, they didn't get the hint and opened in the same spot.

Now I have to drive like 20 minutes to get my Chicken Grilled Burrito fix.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

What??????? The wife and kid love T-Johns...drove across the state of Washington with the main purpose being ...Taco Johns.....prefer Taco Bell myself but how they haven't attempted to make a deal with naming rights or at least vending in both stadiums seems odd. *Unless they do have vending locations...been a while.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

We eat out maybe once every 2 weeks, so fast food doesn't happen very often in general. We make our own Taco Bravos occasionally, though the salsa won't be perfectly replicated, even if everything else is easy to get right.

Taco Bell I won't touch at all. It's the only restaurant that's ever made me sick, and it happened three times with two different locations (I was addicted to Cheesy Gordita Crunch - still felt insanely dumb after the last time).

But yeah, it definitely sucks to lose our Taco John's.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Pretty sure I heard that Sonny Lubbick is on the BOD for that credit union. Some sort of a sweetheart deal