Mountain West TV Survey

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:29 pm
ZapPoke wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:26 pm I guess I am just a fossil in this day and age. I like games on cable so I can DVR'em and watch at my leisure, fast forwarding through commercials and long play stoppages. I already pay too much for that privilage, don't want to pay more for streaming. I like college hockey too, but since the only way to watch them is to pay for streaming the only games I get to see are the conference playoffs and frozen four when they are on cable.
Easy fix. Ditch cable and satellite save $70+ per month with streaming only. Unless you like 120 channels of stuff you don’t watch
I am technologically challenged. Are you saying I can still watch games whenever I want with streaming? My whole point was that I DVR the games and watch when I want to rather than have the schedule dictated by the broadcaster. Also, I have a chromecast device but whenever I try to use it I spend half my time trying to get it to work correctly without things freezing intermittently. I have come to despise it!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

ZapPoke wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:35 pm
ZapPoke wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:26 pm I guess I am just a fossil in this day and age. I like games on cable so I can DVR'em and watch at my leisure, fast forwarding through commercials and long play stoppages. I already pay too much for that privilage, don't want to pay more for streaming. I like college hockey too, but since the only way to watch them is to pay for streaming the only games I get to see are the conference playoffs and frozen four when they are on cable.
Easy fix. Ditch cable and satellite save $70+ per month with streaming only. Unless you like 120 channels of stuff you don’t watch
I am technologically challenged. Are you saying I can still watch games whenever I want with streaming? My whole point was that I DVR the games and watch when I want to rather than have the schedule dictated by the broadcaster. Also, I have a chromecast device but whenever I try to use it I spend half my time trying to get it to work correctly without things freezing intermittently. I have come to despise it!
Just to point out, there are Smart TVs out there that come with pre-installed things like YouTube, NetFlix, etc. And all you have to do is press a button on the remote.

I have cable as well, but it there are easy to use devices out there. :thumb:
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:39 pm
ZapPoke wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:35 pm
Just to point out, there are Smart TVs out there that come with pre-installed things like YouTube, NetFlix, etc. And all you have to do is press a button on the remote.

I have cable as well, but it there are easy to use devices out there. :thumb:
I just have a hard time keeping up. When I grew up we had three channels via an antenna on the roof and a remote was just a dream. Heck, there were very few programs in color. I think Bonanza was one of the first. I still have the 1999 BYU game on VHS (you know the one where the goalposts ended up at the Buckhorn) I was at the game, but recorded it so I could relive that glorious victory over the most despicable whiners in history.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

If you can find legal stream packages for Altitude, NBC Sports, and AT&T Sports, I'd be all over that.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I also like to have games on cable. I have no problem with streaming and always watch the streaming games and really enjoy them but I wouldn't like going to stream only package. We need to have the ability to be on tv for exposure. I sometimes like going out to a sports bar to watch our games or other games and with streaming only I am not sure how sports bars would work that.

Really it comes down to what gets us the most revenue. If it is streaming only then so be it but I would prefer a combination of TV and streaming. NBC or Fox would be ideal.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I'd do it too, is it gonna be on the Stadium network?