Scrimmage

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Any word on today’s scrimmage? Is TVW pulling ahead?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I was wondering, too. I've seen nothing
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

It was closed to the public and the press, and I would imagine that Bohl wants to watch the film first. I wouldn't expect to hear anything until after the weekend.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

According to my source, only one starter on D took snaps. Another DL got nicked up. The two young RBs looked good. QB and OL play wasn’t great.

I will pass along more if I get more.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

If there is no separation at qb Bohl will go with experience. Hoping TVW does well going forward into the spring game. When do grad transfers have to commit?
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

marcuswyo wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:43 am If there is no separation at qb Bohl will go with experience. Hoping TVW does well going forward into the spring game. When do grad transfers have to commit?
I believe they have to graduate first, or at least have all their academic credits/requirements squared away.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

onePokeovertheline wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:27 am According to my source, only one starter on D took snaps. Another DL got nicked up. The two young RBs looked good. QB and OL play wasn’t great.

thanks for that. Wow. not encouraging that against 2nd string our OL and QBs till sucked. It may be a long year.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

onePokeovertheline wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:27 am According to my source, only one starter on D took snaps. Another DL got nicked up. The two young RBs looked good. QB and OL play wasn’t great.

Thank you very much for passing this info along.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

BTW, the starter who got snaps was Tyler Hall. The nicked up DL is Victor Jones. Evidently he had something happen to his leg similar to Hull's from the Iowa game.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

onePokeovertheline wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:58 pm BTW, the starter who got snaps was Tyler Hall. The nicked up DL is Victor Jones. Evidently he had something happen to his leg similar to Hull's from the Iowa game.
Hopefully it won't keep him out like what happened to Antonio Hull.

Were they playing the first string OL?

A little off the subject, but any word on our recent QB visitor?

Thanks.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

No QB news, sorry.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

I read somewhere that Speight might not decide until the start of June.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

onePokeovertheline wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:07 am No QB news, sorry.
Any thoughts on the OL? Thanks.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

PotatoCreekPete wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:30 am
Don’t know much, just the opinion of the source.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

onePokeovertheline wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:04 am
I am a huge Bohl fan, and have been waiting for the OL to come around. I played OG in HS (many, many moons ago, but it still makes me most interested in what is happening in the "trenches") and follow the OL in particular. The amount of talent that has been amassed along the OL is impressive, but the lack of production this last year has me scratching my head, and the lack of OL performance during the spring ball has me scratching my head even more...I am about to scratch bald spots! This spring there haven't been the type of injuries that other areas have sustained on the team, so it just makes me wonder. Even Bohl has mentioned that the OL hasn't been performing well. My initial feeling is STOP experimenting, and just get guys into spots and let them have some comfort in knowing what they should be doing instead of trying to teach a player another position before they have learned the first position! Sounds like a recipe for confusion to me. The success of next season is so directly tied to the success of the OL it isn't funny!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

PotatoCreekPete wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:37 am
onePokeovertheline wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:04 am
I am a huge Bohl fan, and have been waiting for the OL to come around. I played OG in HS (many, many moons ago, but it still makes me most interested in what is happening in the "trenches") and follow the OL in particular. The amount of talent that has been amassed along the OL is impressive, but the lack of production this last year has me scratching my head, and the lack of OL performance during the spring ball has me scratching my head even more...I am about to scratch bald spots! This spring there haven't been the type of injuries that other areas have sustained on the team, so it just makes me wonder. Even Bohl has mentioned that the OL hasn't been performing well. My initial feeling is STOP experimenting, and just get guys into spots and let them have some comfort in knowing what they should be doing instead of trying to teach a player another position before they have learned the first position! Sounds like a recipe for confusion to me. The success of next season is so directly tied to the success of the OL it isn't funny!
Totally agree. We HAVE to be able to get 4.0 yards per carry to be effective. The whole poop offense we have is predicated on this.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

There is considerable mixing and matching of spots occurring, suppose do this in spring ball. Sounds like Logan Harris will not be playing center next season.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

marcuswyo wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:36 pm There is considerable mixing and matching of spots occurring, suppose do this in spring ball. Sounds like Logan Harris will not be playing center next season.
No, Bohl has already mentioned that Keegan Cryder has won the #1 Center position and that officially Logan Harris has been moved to OG.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

PotatoCreekPete wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:55 pm
marcuswyo wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:36 pm There is considerable mixing and matching of spots occurring, suppose do this in spring ball. Sounds like Logan Harris will not be playing center next season.
No, Bohl has already mentioned that Keegan Cryder has won the #1 Center position and that officially Logan Harris has been moved to OG.
That's an interesting tidbit. Not sure I'm a fan of freshman centers in general because it's a position where experience is a big deal for the success of the entire offense, but still... Cryder also seems a bit underweight still, at 274 (which is up 34 lbs from when he was recruited).
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:31 pmThat's an interesting tidbit. Not sure I'm a fan of freshman centers in general because it's a position where experience is a big deal for the success of the entire offense, but still... Cryder also seems a bit underweight still, at 274 (which is up 34 lbs from when he was recruited).
https://twitter.com/rpgagliardi/status/ ... 3294083073
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo