I stand corrected.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

I take pride in my accuracy and I inaccurately posted that Speight was already at UCLA. Not true. He’s goin to UCLA next. The good news is that my source tells me that UCLA needs to blow him away and knock his socks off to keep him from coming to Wyo. He liked his visit and we are in the running!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Thanks for sharing your insider knowledge with all of us. It is greatly appreciated. I would love to see Speight in the brown and gold.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

It's hard to imagine we're in the running with, and even favored over, UCLA. I'd think they'd have a recruiting edge over Laramie in every category except maybe play time. Hope he finds his way here.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Can Speight run Chip Kelly's offense? Not really that type of QB.
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Speight is a statue. He makes zero sense for UCLA. Unless someone else is in the running, he's Wyo bound.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

onePokeovertheline wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:02 am I take pride in my accuracy and I inaccurately posted that Speight was already at UCLA. Not true. He’s goin to UCLA next. The good news is that my source tells me that UCLA needs to blow him away and knock his socks off to keep him from coming to Wyo. He liked his visit and we are in the running!
I agree that Craig Bohl's system is much more in tune with the type of player that Speight is than what Chip Kelly runs. Bohl and Vigen having two high first round QB's in the NFL draft within the last few years puts the Pokes right up there.

I think also that Speight is not looking at either UCLA or Wyoming as a long term living experiences, i.e. - beaches, restaurants, etc.. I would think that what he is looking for is a one year program of preparing him for possibly playing in the NFL, and whomever is the best fit and gives him the chance for that is what he is looking for.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

PotatoCreekPete wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:57 am
onePokeovertheline wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:02 am I take pride in my accuracy and I inaccurately posted that Speight was already at UCLA. Not true. He’s goin to UCLA next. The good news is that my source tells me that UCLA needs to blow him away and knock his socks off to keep him from coming to Wyo. He liked his visit and we are in the running!
I agree that Craig Bohl's system is much more in tune with the type of player that Speight is than what Chip Kelly runs. Bohl and Vigen having two high first round QB's in the NFL draft within the last few years puts the Pokes right up there.

I think also that Speight is not looking at either UCLA or Wyoming as a long term living experiences, i.e. - beaches, restaurants, etc.. I would think that what he is looking for is a one year program of preparing him for possibly playing in the NFL, and whomever is the best fit and gives him the chance for that is what he is looking for.
Not sure on UCLA's offense, but we do at least run a number of pro-set formations. So, we do have that going for us.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Unfortunately our O is not conducive to prepping a qb for the NFL. Josh is there because of his physical gifts. Read the scouting reports. Our abysmal offense is used to explain low production and potential inaccuracy issues. In other words, our O was much more a handicap to Josh.

Hoping Spleight chooses us despite our offense.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:09 pm
PotatoCreekPete wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:57 am

Not sure on UCLA's offense, but we do at least run a number of pro-set formations. So, we do have that going for us.
Well Chip Kelly got hired there so seems fair to say they will have nearly 0 pro set formations
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

Looks like Speight is at UCLA today. Any idea of a timeline after?
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:53 pm Unfortunately our O is not conducive to prepping a qb for the NFL. Josh is there because of his physical gifts. Read the scouting reports. Our abysmal offense is used to explain low production and potential inaccuracy issues. In other words, our O was much more a handicap to Josh.

Hoping Spleight chooses us despite our offense.
I actually think it does prepare QBs well for the NFL, because the QB is sometimes under center, asks QBs to read defenses pre-snap, and go through traditional route progressions. It just is harder to be successful with it at the college level, hasn't worked well each year here, and Vigen has done a poor job making good calls using the system. But I do believe NFL scouts view our system as a positive for them.