The Browns are getting rid of QBs!!!!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:51 am Mayfield being mentioned by anyone in the first round would be a HUGE mistake...having said that, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Broncos took him (ala Tebow)
I think Mayfield has a better shot than Lamar Jackson. Jackson clearly has talent, but he's been too much of a pain in the ass through the draft process. If anyone takes him first round they're going to have their hands full.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

WYO1016 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:22 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:51 am Mayfield being mentioned by anyone in the first round would be a HUGE mistake...having said that, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Broncos took him (ala Tebow)
I think Mayfield has a better shot than Lamar Jackson. Jackson clearly has talent, but he's been too much of a pain in the ass through the draft process. If anyone takes him first round they're going to have their hands full.
I'd agree with that. Jackson has some great athletic ability, but seems like there might be some other issues there. To me, Mayfield also has some questionable character issues and has less natural talent than Jackson but is a more traditional pro-style QB. I don't think either one has much of a pro career, especially when compared with Allen, Rosen and Darnold.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I think Mayfield can be serviceable to good as a starter, in the right situation. I actually see some similarities with Case Keenum, so Denver might not be a bad spot for him.

Jackson likely will require someone to completely change what they're doing, similar to what Houston and Tennessee did when they drafted their young QBs.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:14 pm I think Mayfield can be serviceable to good as a starter, in the right situation. I actually see some similarities with Case Keenum, so Denver might not be a bad spot for him.

Jackson likely will require someone to completely change what they're doing, similar to what Houston and Tennessee did when they drafted their young QBs.
I think Jackson goes the Terrelle Pryor route honestly. His Wonderlic basically proves that he doesn't quite have the intelligence to lead an NFL team as a QB but he has all of the athletic tools.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:23 pm
joshvanklomp wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:14 pm I think Mayfield can be serviceable to good as a starter, in the right situation. I actually see some similarities with Case Keenum, so Denver might not be a bad spot for him.

I think Jackson goes the Terrelle Pryor route honestly. His Wonderlic basically proves that he doesn't quite have the intelligence to lead an NFL team as a QB but he has all of the athletic tools.
Funny thing is, when the Wonderlic scores came out his supporters automatically turned it into a race thing...again!

Whether it’s a good test for intelligence or not, historically speaking almost all successful NFL QBs have scored a 25 or better on the Wonderlic. I wouldn’t draft Lamar Jackson in the 6th round let alone the 1st.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LaradiseCowboy wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:42 pm

Funny thing is, when the Wonderlic scores came out his supporters automatically turned it into a race thing...again!

Whether it’s a good test for intelligence or not, historically speaking almost all successful NFL QBs have scored a 25 or better on the Wonderlic. I wouldn’t draft Lamar Jackson in the 6th round let alone the 1st.
The test is objective. Kaepernick blew the Wonderlic out of the water with a 38.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Have any of you tried the test? Seems like it'd be fun just to see. The Altitude Network crew took it, and their scores were all over the place.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:00 am

The test is objective. Kaepernick blew the Wonderlic out of the water with a 38.
Your point is??? Let me guess, he’s clearly an idiot for protesting during national anthems.

Take a gander at this when you get a chance. https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/nfl- ... al-042417/
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

LaradiseCowboy wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:39 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:00 am

Your point is??? Let me guess, he’s clearly an idiot for protesting during national anthems.

Take a gander at this when you get a chance. https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/nfl- ... al-042417/
He did take a team to the Super Bowl. I'm not defending his political gestures, but he is another example of a good Wonderlic finding success as an NFL quarterback, although short term.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:51 am Have any of you tried the test? Seems like it'd be fun just to see. The Altitude Network crew took it, and their scores were all over the place.
It's not quite as easy as one would think.

https://footballiqscore.com/quiz/full-quiz
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:51 am Have any of you tried the test? Seems like it'd be fun just to see. The Altitude Network crew took it, and their scores were all over the place.
I tried it once. Did about as well as Josh. It's kinda tricky. It's got some English language usage stuff on there so I can see how it might be unfair/racially slanted to favoring whites. I'm not sure it's the best measure of intelligence out there.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I just got a 33.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

CowboyNV wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:23 pm
It's not quite as easy as one would think.

https://footballiqscore.com/quiz/full-quiz
Well...if you have a smart agent he/she tells you to study ahead of the test. With a little bit of effort it’s not difficult to score in the upper 20s lower 30s.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:53 pm I just got a 33.
I did it again and got a 30. Then I did it again and got a 40. The key is to move fast! If you don't know the answer or it's taking too long move on! :lol: a couple of the same questions too
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:49 pm
joshvanklomp wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:53 pm I just got a 33.
I did it again and got a 30. Then I did it again and got a 40. The key is to move fast! If you don't know the answer or it's taking too long move on! :lol: a couple of the same questions too
Yup, if I knew it would take me too long, I immediately just guessed. Finished the test with about a minute remaining.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 43 times

Go to Cleveland Josh, it'll be fun watching this franchise grow and succeed gotta start somewhere
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

With 9 days to go, it's starting to sound like Cleveland is leaning towards Josh at #1...
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Giants > Browns > Broncos > Bills > Jets
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

If the Browns take a different QB, I think he goes 5 (unless Buffalo trades way up)
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:33 pm If the Browns take a different QB, I think he goes 5 (unless Buffalo trades way up)
Think the Jets don't like him?