The Browns are getting rid of QBs!!!!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

They dumped Cody Kessler (2016 third rounder from USC) to Jacksonville for a lousy 2019 conditional 7th rounder today!!!!

Jesus....they're practically giving away QBs to the rest of the NFL!

I hate admitting this since I can't stand Kiper but he might actually be right....Josh could very well end up being the # 1 pick of the entire draft!!!! :shock:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Personally, I think they take Barkley at 1 and then a QB at 4, Saquon wont last to 4 but at least 1 of the top QBs will.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:15 pm Personally, I think they take Barkley at 1 and then a QB at 4, Saquon wont last to 4 but at least 1 of the top QBs will.
That’s sounds like the dumbest thing they could do
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:23 am
WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:15 pm Personally, I think they take Barkley at 1 and then a QB at 4, Saquon wont last to 4 but at least 1 of the top QBs will.
Agreed. Giants traded up to take a QB or Chubb. Jets will take a QB. Barkley will be there at 4 if Browns want him then.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 225 times

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:29 am
Agreed. Giants traded up to take a QB or Chubb. Jets will take a QB. Barkley will be there at 4 if Browns want him then.
Jets traded up. Giants are drafting at their position but could trade down. If Darnold goes #1, I hope the Broncos make a trade with the Giants to take Allen #2.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

QB, RB, WR, and DL have the highest bust potential in the first round. If I remember correctly, somewhere around 40 to 50 percent are complete busts.

If I'm Clevland picking at 4 and there is still a good QB on the board, I would entertain trade options. Barkley really might be that special, though.

Still, trading back and grabbing a OT, LB, or S might be less risky.

Actually, this is going to be kind of fun to watch. I normally like the draft, but this year's has more story lines than usual (at least for me).
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

1. Browns take Darnold
2. Bills do something insane to move up and draft Allen
3. Jets take Rosen
4. Browns get Barkely
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Seriously wonder how the new rule will change rb value
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 225 times

J-Rod wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:27 am 1. Browns take Darnold
3. Jets take Rosen
4. Browns get Barkely
I have this scenario except the Broncos trading up to #2. I just don't see the Bills with enough to entice the Giants...the Giants can still get their guy by getting the Broncos #5 pick plus other picks.

1. Browns - Darnold
2. Broncos (from Giants) - Allen
3. Jets (from Indy) - Rosen (draft bust)
4. Browns - Barkley
5. Giants (from Broncos) - Chubb
6. Buffalo (from Indy through NYJ) - Baker Mayfield
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:42 am
J-Rod wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:27 am 1. Browns take Darnold
3. Jets take Rosen
4. Browns get Barkely
I have this scenario except the Broncos trading up to #2. I just don't see the Bills with enough to entice the Giants...the Giants can still get their guy by getting the Broncos #5 pick plus other picks.

1. Browns - Darnold
2. Broncos (from Giants) - Allen
3. Jets (from Indy) - Rosen (draft bust)
4. Browns - Barkley
5. Giants (from Broncos) - Chubb
6. Buffalo (from Indy through NYJ) - Baker Mayfield
The Bills have more than enough excess draft capital to move up to 2 if they want to. IMO they are more likely to than the Broncos.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:43 pm They dumped Cody Kessler (2016 third rounder from USC) to Jacksonville for a lousy 2019 conditional 7th rounder today!!!!

Jesus....they're practically giving away QBs to the rest of the NFL!

I hate admitting this since I can't stand Kiper but he might actually be right....Josh could very well end up being the # 1 pick of the entire draft!!!! :shock:
They signed a different backup QB this week, plus already trading for Tyrod Taylor. They had no need for Kessler. Everyone knows they're taking a QB, it's just a question of who.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:29 am
Fair enough, I forgot that the Giants traded up and took the Colts spot. Before that, there was no way that Barkley made it to the #4 spot, now that is much more likely, but I'm still not convinced he lasts past 3.

But also, don't forget about $$$. It will be cheaper to sign a RB @ #1 and a QB @ #4 than the other way around.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

As long as Josh doesn't go to NY. I would hate that
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 32 times

No way I'd pass on Barkley at 1. WAY too much potential sitting right there. Grab a QB at 4, you'll still get a pretty good QB at that spot.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

MrTitleist wrote:No way I'd pass on Barkley at 1. WAY too much potential sitting right there. Grab a QB at 4, you'll still get a pretty good QB at that spot.
Yup this is the most likely scenario it makes more sense than anything else. There is no guarantee a RB lasts until number 4 but there are plenty Qbs to grab one at 4.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Wyo2dal wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:50 am
MrTitleist wrote:No way I'd pass on Barkley at 1. WAY too much potential sitting right there. Grab a QB at 4, you'll still get a pretty good QB at that spot.
Yup this is the most likely scenario it makes more sense than anything else. There is no guarantee a RB lasts until number 4 but there are plenty Qbs to grab one at 4.
Disagree. This is a deep running back class and there will be value at the position much further down the board past Barkley. With the Bills wanting to move up and the Jets at three, the Browns could very well be "stuck" with their third choice (sounds like this would be Rosen from all reports) if they wait until four. I will be shocked if a quarterback doesn't go at 1.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Rumor floating around that Allen goes to Cleveland 1st................could be just misinfo/etc
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 32 times

BJC wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:26 pm Rumor floating around that Allen goes to Cleveland 1st................could be just misinfo/etc
Literally everything about the NFL draft is a rumor until they walk up to the podium.
ImageImageImageImage
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

1. Darnold/Allen - Browns
2. Darnold/Allen - Bills (trade)
3. Rosen - Jets
4. Saquon Barkley - Browns
5. Mayfield - Broncos

Book it!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Mayfield being mentioned by anyone in the first round would be a HUGE mistake...having said that, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Broncos took him (ala Tebow)