Michigan QB in Laramie

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
KeepitrealWyo
Buckaroo

Michigan Grad Transfer spotted in Laramie tonight.
His Second trip Evidently has one more trip.
At least we are in the Running
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Oh boy
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

Weather issues, late arrival, still in town. Dinner tonight with a few of our studs.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

onePokeovertheline wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:35 pm Weather issues, late arrival, still in town. Dinner tonight with a few of our studs.
The weather stinks today. Hope it somehow works in our favor
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

I think this is a done deal.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:21 pm
onePokeovertheline wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:35 pm Weather issues, late arrival, still in town. Dinner tonight with a few of our studs.
The weather stinks today. Hope it somehow works in our favor
He's coming from Ann Arbor, so it can't get be much worse.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

SLCPoke wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:53 pm I think this is a done deal.
I would give it a 90% chance as of right now...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

The weak defenses in the MWC + a certain starting job has to be appealing.

I'm guessing the Patterson deal is also weighing in.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

He would be an upgrade from Smith....
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:46 pm The weak defenses in the MWC + a certain starting job has to be appealing.

KeepitrealWyo said he has one more trip too.
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

J-Rod wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:55 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:46 pm The weak defenses in the MWC + a certain starting job has to be appealing.

KeepitrealWyo said he has one more trip too.
Gags and Wilson started following him on Twitter this morning.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Probably isn't going to hurt knowing Bohl + Vigen will have put 2 QBs into the first round of the NFL draft in the past few years. Not sure that's his end goal, obviously, but if he's hoping to keep playing football, that's got to be attractive.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:12 pm

Probably isn't going to hurt knowing Bohl + Vigen will have put 2 QBs into the first round of the NFL draft in the past few years. Not sure that's his end goal, obviously, but if he's hoping to keep playing football, that's got to be attractive.
If the young man wasn't thinking about possibly continuing his football career, the easiest course would be to stay at Michigan and continue his education. I think the fact that he is going to all this effort and expense to visit these schools shows that he is serious about making the most of his final year in school and see what happens. The facts of Bohl and Vigen having two top first round QB's within the last few years without a doubt has had an effect upon Wilton's decision. I of course have no idea which direction the young man will go in, but it is sufficient to say that he will choose the best situation for himself. I do hope that he comes to Wyoming, with the defense that we have we need to have a QB that has experience and can make things happen with the offense, and he has played against some top notch talent already.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

I'm curious why he has waited so long to look and choose. He is missing spring ball for whichever school he goes to or even if he stays at Michigan. That makes it a bit harder on himself wherever he goes. Is it just because he hasn't actually graduated yet to officially transfer?
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

WyomingAg wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:26 am I'm curious why he has waited so long to look and choose. He is missing spring ball for whichever school he goes to or even if he stays at Michigan. That makes it a bit harder on himself wherever he goes. Is it just because he hasn't actually graduated yet to officially transfer?
Timing is everything. The reason that he gave as to why he didn't make the decision at the semester break was because he felt like everything was in too much of a "rush", and he didn't want to be rushed into a decision. You can surmise from this in that maybe he didn't make the decision to transfer until later and didn't allow himself enough time.

I would also think that there would be enough time for Speight to acclimate himself to UW and the system if he were to come in early enough during the summer.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

WyomingAg wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:26 am I'm curious why he has waited so long to look and choose. He is missing spring ball for whichever school he goes to or even if he stays at Michigan. That makes it a bit harder on himself wherever he goes. Is it just because he hasn't actually graduated yet to officially transfer?
Patterson. If he is cleared to play, Spleight walks. If Patterson has to sit, Michigan is still in play.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

If we land him, I am very confident we return to a bowl game and make it our third in a row
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

The graduation part also plays a role, he has to graduate BEFORE he transfers, otherwise he would have to sit out a year. I assume that he will graduate at the end of this spring semester.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

aranderson wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:50 am If we land him, I am very confident we return to a bowl game and make it our third in a row
If we land him and he stays healthy, a MWC championship is very much in play. This is shaping up to be a once in a generation defense.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:09 am
aranderson wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:50 am If we land him, I am very confident we return to a bowl game and make it our third in a row
If we land him and he stays healthy, a MWC championship is very much in play. This is shaping up to be a once in a generation defense.
I need to see an offense that can score in the middle of the FBS before I think conference champions. Hoping to see that kind of improvement but.... not betting my life savings on it
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!