Michigan QB in Laramie

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:26 pm I need to see an offense that can score in the middle of the FBS before I think conference champions. Hoping to see that kind of improvement but.... not betting my life savings on it
Replacing both starting corners seems to get very little play too. I know, we assume it will be no big deal, but there were several things we assumed would be no big deal going into 2017 that very much turned out to be a problem.

I'm still hedging my bets on TVW. Speight has great size, but the scouting report on him is fairly negative (giant QB with poor accuracy and issues with decision making). If he signs, great! If not, I'm not panicking...TVW might end up being better than him anyway.

As with most grad transfers...there is a reason they are leaving.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:54 pm
pokefanchaz7 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:26 pm I need to see an offense that can score in the middle of the FBS before I think conference champions. Hoping to see that kind of improvement but.... not betting my life savings on it
Replacing both starting corners seems to get very little play too. I know, we assume it will be no big deal, but there were several things we assumed would be no big deal going into 2017 that very much turned out to be a problem.

I'm still hedging my bets on TVW. Speight has great size, but the scouting report on him is fairly negative (giant QB with poor accuracy and issues with decision making). If he signs, great! If not, I'm not panicking...TVW might end up being better than him anyway.

Indeed there are reasons and it certainly might be a red flag. What I do know is that he told his hosts that Harbaugh is an AHole and he hates it there.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Well Antonio did win the starting spot last season before he was injured. I also don't think they would move T hall if the didn't feel they had adequate talent to fill the void. Coldon will be a future star. He has elite athleticism and great size for a corner. I honestly feel we have the tools to reload. Not saying there won't be any learning curve. I just don't think it will be nearly as dramatic as our run game last season. Just my opinion though.

Also hope TVW wins that battle regardless who is on the roster. Never hurts to bring in some competition.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

onePokeovertheline wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:57 am

Indeed there are reasons and it certainly might be a red flag. What I do know is that he told his hosts that Harbaugh is an AHole and he hates it there.
So is your inside scoop strictly football related? Do you have any hints on the basketball team? Enjoying the updates.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

poke_addict wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:07 pm

Well Antonio did win the starting spot last season before he was injured. I also don't think they would move T hall if the didn't feel they had adequate talent to fill the void. Coldon will be a future star. He has elite athleticism and great size for a corner. I honestly feel we have the tools to reload. Not saying there won't be any learning curve. I just don't think it will be nearly as dramatic as our run game last season. Just my opinion though.

Also hope TVW wins that battle regardless who is on the roster. Never hurts to bring in some competition.
I agree with everything that you said. I just might add my two cents....you are right about the move of T.Hall wouldn't of been made if they were really concerned with the other CB position. For that matter, Antonio has to work hard to keep his job because besides C.J. Coldon, who I think is a future star for sure, there is Keyon Blankenbaker and Miles Williams also competing. From what I have read, Blankenbaker despite being a couple of inches shorter than Coldon is incredibly strong and every bit as quick as Coldon. On top of this, we are impressed with the height of Coldon, despite Williams being listed at the same height, from what I read, all of the DB players were taken back as to how big Williams is when he first walked into the first position meeting, and so he is every bit as big as Coldon and most likely a little bigger. There will be some growing pains I have no doubt, but unlike times in the past, these freshmen have the physical tools to quickly make up and recover from mistakes. Miles Williams has come in early to compete so he has a leg up on other true freshmen, while both Coldon and Blankenbaker redshirted last season. I fully expect to see where at least two of these freshmen are in the depth chart, and possibly all three.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

poke_addict wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:18 pm

So is your inside scoop strictly football related? Do you have any hints on the basketball team? Enjoying the updates.
Football only, sorry.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

poke_addict wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:07 pm

Agree. I think CB is in good hands. Hull is a vet and the staff was super high on coldon even last year. Blankenbarner is said to be good and b. Smith was a special teams stand out last year
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Heard tonight that there was a qb inquiring about the mba program. Hmmmm? Unless it’s nick smith has to be Wilton
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:35 pm

Heard tonight that there was a qb inquiring about the mba program. Hmmmm? Unless it’s nick smith has to be Wilton
If he is known to wear a lot of maize and blue in the fall.....let him in!