Pro Day vs Gameday

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

wyokoke wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:39 pm
LaradiseCowboy wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:24 am
WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:44 am It's not like they are going to do the entire draft telecast from the Buck, they will likely show it for no more than 10 seconds when Josh gets picked and that's it. Who cares if they are at a bar, it is something unique to UW and Laramie. I doubt anyone will get a super negative impression from a few seconds of fans cheering at a bar.
Dive bars and drunks are not unique to UW or Laramie. What is unique is that we choose to glorify them.

Maybe they should do a special on all the UW athletes that have been jailed and lost scholarships due to incidents originating at the Buckhorn Bar. That would go nicely with video footage of students doing the Buckhorn tumble!
Possibly the dumbest thing I've seen on here. In the running with anything Dino said anyways.
Yeah, not really sure where else you would want them to do it. The student union at 6 PM on a Thursday is pretty empty; and no, it wouldn't get that busy just because an ESPN camera will be to capture 10 seconds of air time. The Buck however...people are gonna be there anyway.

Not saying we should glorify bars and drinking, but there aren't a ton of places that would have a crowd. Also, ESPN is calling the shots here, not UW.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:57 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:44 am It's not like they are going to do the entire draft telecast from the Buck, they will likely show it for no more than 10 seconds when Josh gets picked and that's it. Who cares if they are at a bar, it is something unique to UW and Laramie. I doubt anyone will get a super negative impression from a few seconds of fans cheering at a bar.
Dive bars and drunks are not unique to UW or Laramie. What is unique is that we choose to glorify them.

Maybe they should do a special on all the UW athletes that have been jailed and lost scholarships due to incidents originating at the Buckhorn Bar. That would go nicely with video footage of students doing the Buckhorn tumble!
Possibly the dumbest thing I've seen on here. In the running with anything Dino said anyways.
Yeah, not really sure where else you would want them to do it. The student union at 6 PM on a Thursday is pretty empty; and no, it wouldn't get that busy just because an ESPN camera will be to capture 10 seconds of air time. The Buck however...people are gonna be there anyway.

Not saying we should glorify bars and drinking, but there aren't a ton of places that would have a crowd. Also, ESPN is calling the shots here, not UW.
You think the Buck is going to have a crowd at 6 pm?? How about the Library?? You know....an actual sports bar....that serves food not just alcohol....with TVs tuned into the NFL draft. ESPN is likely calling the shots but I’m sure they could be persuaded to broadcast elsewhere if the right people made some phone calls.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

LaradiseCowboy wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:14 pm You think the Buck is going to have a crowd at 6 pm?? How about the Library?? You know....an actual sports bar....that serves food not just alcohol....with TVs tuned into the NFL draft. ESPN is likely calling the shots but I’m sure they could be persuaded to broadcast elsewhere if the right people made some phone calls.
People would show up no matter where it is. It's not just putting a hidden camera in there, and capture whoever is there at 6 pm on a normal night. This is an event that is already being promoted. There will be a crowd, I have no worries about that.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

Laradise, did someone steal your girlfriend at the Buck so you might have a traumatic flashback?

I agree with the earlier statement that the Buck is unique and part of UW history and should be celebrated. It's a place that many generations of Wyoming graduates went and holds a unique place in many places hearts. Get over your dislike for it.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

LaradiseCowboy wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:14 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:57 pm

You think the Buck is going to have a crowd at 6 pm?? How about the Library?? You know....an actual sports bar....that serves food not just alcohol....with TVs tuned into the NFL draft. ESPN is likely calling the shots but I’m sure they could be persuaded to broadcast elsewhere if the right people made some phone calls.
You think it takes much convincing to get people to go to the Buck early in the night?? Why would they go to a bar that's not known as the biggest bar in Laramie, regardless of what your opinion of it is?
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

You think the Buck is going to have a crowd at 6 pm?? How about the Library??
You have never been in there have you? Thursday night is a very popular bar night in Laramie, and there will be a crowd.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

marcuswyo wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:36 pm
You have never been in there have you? Thursday night is a very popular bar night in Laramie, and there will be a crowd.
Dollar Jack and Cokes on Thursdays!
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

Yeah so many great things happen at the Buck, such a special place and dear to so many people’s hearts! Try stopping by Albany County jail and witness first-hand all the special things that happen there or have originated from that bar. It’s really fantastic seeing all the wondrous things that come from the Buck!!!!

May not be the popular opinion, but I wouldn’t want the town or the university associated with anything Buckhorn Bar related.

End of rant.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Get off your f-word high horse. There's a reason they're doing it there. Theres a reason you can see people with Buck shirts/hats/whatever all over the country. People like bars, as surprising as that seems to be to you
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Yeah so many great things happen at the Buck, such a special place and dear to so many people’s hearts!
Judgmental for someone who has never been inside a bar.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

marcuswyo wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:36 pm
Thirsty Thursday!
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

When I think of the buck I get nostalgic about goal post marches down grand.