Pro Day vs Gameday

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Steamboat
Buckaroo

I posted this on the other board. Like you see your opinions.

I don't think there is any comparison in the two. Pro Day at Wyoming yesterday put Gameday a distant second. The national exposure from Pro Day is light years ahead of Gameday because they talked about the school, facilities and flooded the IPF with football VIPS. Potential recruits saw all this - compare to what the see on Gameday, big a crowd of people trying to get some screen time or convince parents they are actually in Fargo or anywhere else.

Josh handed every potential college football player a bird's eye view of what the football program actually is all about. A especial thanks to our friends at Frenso State for their tunnel vision by refusing Josh. But most importantly to Mr & Mrs Allen.
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

I believe you are correct on this. Will be interesting to see the $ value of all this after someone comes up with an estimate.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

If Gameday ever comes that means we are winning
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I would say this.....

Pro Day usually highlights individual accomplishment more than team accomplishment, especially in a situation like this. I wouldn't expect the networks to make this a yearly thing, doing live shots from Laramie in March.

On the other hand, in a market like Laramie, getting College GameDay to Laramie would be an indication of team success more than almost anything else. Sure, players help, but ESPN likely isn't coming to Wyoming for a 7 or 8-win team.

Additionally, unless people across the country are following the NFL Draft closely, they probably don't care about pro days. I'd guess a lot more eyes are on GameDay because it's during the season.

If you want to talk about getting VIPs to Laramie, sure the pro day for Allen was probably a bigger deal. As for recruiting? I honestly don't know.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

I wouldn't quite put it at a distant second but the exposure to the program right now is at an all time high. It was also perfect timing with our new prize possession almost being complete. Some of the biggest names in the game were here to get a first hand look. Wyoming is the most unique program in the country and I feel more and more people are starting to realize how special this program really is.

Anytime you can link your program to the NFL draft is a step in the right direction. The promotion to recruits now has concrete evidence instead of just an image the coaches tried to paint. That evidence is in the bowl games, the new facility and now with footage of a nationally televised pro day. Just proves you have an opportunity to play at the next level when you commit to Wyoming.

It says a lot about a program that sends more players to the NFL than it lands 3 star or higher recruits. I really do believe in Bohls recruiting system.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

poke_addict wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:20 pm I wouldn't quite put it at a distant second but the exposure to the program right now is at an all time high. It was also perfect timing with our new prize possession almost being complete. Some of the biggest names in the game were here to get a first hand look. Wyoming is the most unique program in the country and I feel more and more people are starting to realize how special this program really is.

Anytime you can link your program to the NFL draft is a step in the right direction. The promotion to recruits now has concrete evidence instead of just an image the coaches tried to paint. That evidence is in the bowl games, the new facility and now with footage of a nationally televised pro day. Just proves you have an opportunity to play at the next level when you commit to Wyoming.

It says a lot about a program that sends more players to the NFL than it lands 3 star or higher recruits. I really do believe in Bohls recruiting system.
In the next couple years, I imagine we'll be sending a number of defenders into the draft as well. Maybe not 1st rounders, but certainly ones that NFL teams will be looking to pick up.
poke_addict
Cowpoke

fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:36 pm
poke_addict wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:20 pm I wouldn't quite put it at a distant second but the exposure to the program right now is at an all time high. It was also perfect timing with our new prize possession almost being complete. Some of the biggest names in the game were here to get a first hand look. Wyoming is the most unique program in the country and I feel more and more people are starting to realize how special this program really is.

In the next couple years, I imagine we'll be sending a number of defenders into the draft as well. Maybe not 1st rounders, but certainly ones that NFL teams will be looking to pick up.
I agree completely. I think Rico may have a possibility of getting drafted this year with that 4.2 speed. Knew the kid was fast but that is elite speed even for the NFL......Wingard I think will be the next highest draft pick we have. His body of work is outstanding. It rivals what Eric Weddle did at Utah. Between Carl Logan Yoyo Tyler Hall I think a few of those guys will get selected. KP and Epps I think will definitely get a shot in training camp possibly a couple more.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Speaking of attention - is this actually true?
https://twitter.com/Jerrad307/status/976631537876721664
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:37 pm Speaking of attention - is this actually true?
It was in the Casper Star so I'm pretty sure it's happening
poke_addict
Cowpoke

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:37 pm Speaking of attention - is this actually true?
I do believe they will have a camera crew there to get the crowd reactions from Josh being selected.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Gameday would be way bigger than proday. No one watches proday except NFL nerds. DOn't get me wrong it was awesome and great exposure but Gameday would be a much bigger accomplishment and exposure for our school.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

TSpoke wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:34 am Gameday would be way bigger than proday. No one watches proday except NFL nerds. DOn't get me wrong it was awesome and great exposure but Gameday would be a much bigger accomplishment and exposure for our school.
I think I agree with this. On top of that, yeah, it's Spring Break for a lot of kids right now, but for everybody else, that special aired during school and work hours.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

Great, the Buckhorn Bar......exactly the image we want to put out there to represent our university and the student body!! If it is, I would seriously consider reaching out to ESPN to provide an alternative broadcasting location.

Here’s a better idea, like maybe the student union!!

:whistle:
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

LaradiseCowboy wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:55 am
Great, the Buckhorn Bar......exactly the image we want to put out there to represent our university and the student body!! If it is, I would seriously consider reaching out to ESPN to provide an alternative broadcasting location.

Here’s a better idea, like maybe the student union!!

:whistle:
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

It's not like they are going to do the entire draft telecast from the Buck, they will likely show it for no more than 10 seconds when Josh gets picked and that's it. Who cares if they are at a bar, it is something unique to UW and Laramie. I doubt anyone will get a super negative impression from a few seconds of fans cheering at a bar.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:44 am It's not like they are going to do the entire draft telecast from the Buck, they will likely show it for no more than 10 seconds when Josh gets picked and that's it. Who cares if they are at a bar, it is something unique to UW and Laramie. I doubt anyone will get a super negative impression from a few seconds of fans cheering at a bar.
Dive bars and drunks are not unique to UW or Laramie. What is unique is that we choose to glorify them.

Maybe they should do a special on all the UW athletes that have been jailed and lost scholarships due to incidents originating at the Buckhorn Bar. That would go nicely with video footage of students doing the Buckhorn tumble!
poke_addict
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

This is all we're talking about (at 1:15). 15-20 seconds max.

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

LaradiseCowboy wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:24 am
WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:44 am It's not like they are going to do the entire draft telecast from the Buck, they will likely show it for no more than 10 seconds when Josh gets picked and that's it. Who cares if they are at a bar, it is something unique to UW and Laramie. I doubt anyone will get a super negative impression from a few seconds of fans cheering at a bar.
Dive bars and drunks are not unique to UW or Laramie. What is unique is that we choose to glorify them.

Maybe they should do a special on all the UW athletes that have been jailed and lost scholarships due to incidents originating at the Buckhorn Bar. That would go nicely with video footage of students doing the Buckhorn tumble!
Possibly the dumbest thing I've seen on here. In the running with anything Dino said anyways.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Maybe we can have it at a church and invite the Mormon tabernacle choir.

The Buck is a part of the UW experience and it’s unique. Other schools have great bar history and it should be celebrated as it is a part of the town and culture.

His an after about the essos club he http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... rs-present