Allen

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer ... vi-AAw2yjr

Looks like they will be doing the same biomechanic analysis for all of the top quarterbacks in the draft. Wonder how many will be able to hit the crossbar like Josh did.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

An interesting scenario that I just considered. I still feel Allen is first pick, but there could be a very strong possibility that Cleveland trades up with their fourth pick to number 2 to get saquon.

Guess it all comes down to which way Cleveland wants to build. Chubb, or the running back. They could stay where they are and get value. But they have like 16 picks or some poop. They can easily make things interesting.

Has a team ever picked first and second?
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

carbonpoke wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:03 pm An interesting scenario that I just considered. I still feel Allen is first pick, but there could be a very strong possibility that Cleveland trades up with their fourth pick to number 2 to get saquon.

Guess it all comes down to which way Cleveland wants to build. Chubb, or the running back. They could stay where they are and get value. But they have like 16 picks or some poop. They can easily make things interesting.

Has a team ever picked first and second?
Colts did in '92

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_NFL_Draft
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Brinkus said Josh has the strongest arm the NFL has ever seen. It's no joke that he's got maybe the best arm on the planet
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer ... vi-AAw2yjr

Also said he was the only one to hit the crossbar!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

jtstu53 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:52 am Sooo the Jets traded up to #3 to presumably grab a QB. Sounds like they are have narrowed things down to Allen, Darnold, or Rosen. Just my opinion here, but holy hell I hope the Jets don't draft Josh... They have 0 WRs, lost their best TE, and have no running game. Not to mention the douchebag comments made about Allen by their retarded fan base. The Jets might be Allen's worst possible outcome. As crazy as this sounds I think he'd be 100% better off in Cleveland and grow with that team then be planted in New Jersey and get murdered the next 5 years. Here's to hoping he goes somewhere he's appreciated and not a complete dumpster fire of a team.
Plus that dumpster fire that is the NY media, I don't want him to be subjected to that garbage, tomorrow when we start seeing the trades and draft stuff start happening we should then know a bit more Wed night going in to the big day. Just as long as it's NOT Denver nor any of the NY teams I'll be ok with it, it'll be fun to track his progress in the NFL for sure.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

stymeman wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:24 pm
jtstu53 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:52 am Sooo the Jets traded up to #3 to presumably grab a QB. Sounds like they are have narrowed things down to Allen, Darnold, or Rosen. Just my opinion here, but holy hell I hope the Jets don't draft Josh... They have 0 WRs, lost their best TE, and have no running game. Not to mention the douchebag comments made about Allen by their retarded fan base. The Jets might be Allen's worst possible outcome. As crazy as this sounds I think he'd be 100% better off in Cleveland and grow with that team then be planted in New Jersey and get murdered the next 5 years. Here's to hoping he goes somewhere he's appreciated and not a complete dumpster fire of a team.
Plus that dumpster fire that is the NY media, I don't want him to be subjected to that garbage, tomorrow when we start seeing the trades and draft stuff start happening we should then know a bit more Wed night going in to the big day. Just as long as it's NOT Denver nor any of the NY teams I'll be ok with it, it'll be fun to track his progress in the NFL for sure.
Not a jets fan or anything, but to be fair to the team, its douchebag fans seems to comment that way about all the potential first round picks every year.
52-56
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/offensive- ... 47843.html

Really worried these old tweets are going to send Josh Allen dropping like a rock on the draft board. They give a team an 'excuse' not to take him.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:57 am https://www.yahoo.com/sports/offensive- ... 47843.html

Really worried these old tweets are going to send Josh Allen dropping like a rock on the draft board. They give a team an 'excuse' not to take him.
He may have wrote those texts, however they aren't being taken into context either! It's BS that they took them and ran with them in a negative way! He's talking about playing what I assume is beer pong. It's really poorly dug up bad press.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:57 am https://www.yahoo.com/sports/offensive- ... 47843.html

I wonder which team's camp tipped the media off to these the night before the draft? Total out of context and not surprised with the trash media we live with.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

aranderson wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:15 am

He may have wrote those texts, however they aren't being taken into context either! It's BS that they took them and ran with them in a negative way! He's talking about playing what I assume is beer pong. It's really poorly dug up bad press.
It is BS but it is the world we live in. Teams are overly worried about image. The media loves to create controversy when none exists in order to create ratings. EX: "I hate Lebron James." Every fan of another team has made similar statements. But...Allen might go to Cleveland so the media turns it into controversy.

It's not fair and BS (especially considering he was a kid) but this is not good and I wouldn't be shocked to see him fall to 11 or so.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

If Cleveland really does do their do diligence, then they still take him. It doesn't take a person very long to realize it was reach to tarnish an otherwise unblemished person in regards to the kind off kid he is.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

aranderson wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:46 am If Cleveland really does do their do diligence, then they still take him. It doesn't take a person very long to realize it was reach to tarnish an otherwise unblemished person in regards to the kind off kid he is.
The office might be aware, but the team mates and fans won't.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

This really sucks for Josh. For it to come out today tells me it's with bad intentions. Someone strategically did this or didn't get paid. And, or course, the SJWs at ESPN are going to run this all day.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

J-Bone wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:02 am
aranderson wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:46 am If Cleveland really does do their do diligence, then they still take him. It doesn't take a person very long to realize it was reach to tarnish an otherwise unblemished person in regards to the kind off kid he is.
The office might be aware, but the team mates and fans won't.
Sad to say it's true. There are already tweets out that Allen will have problems in the locker room because of these tweets. The media are going to turn him into the next Riley Cooper.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Name one high school aged student who doesn't say publicly or on social media something that they regret. Ultimately you can blame biology for this as kids literally have brain damage until they are well into their 20's and develop the rest of their brain. If something this petty causes him to drop far in the draft despite a crystal clean college career then the world is truly broken.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

didn't they say the same thing about Larry Nance when he got drafted by some of the things tweeted about Kobe back in the day. Funny how in this day and age of instant info on everyone that the media has to do all it can to try to "destroy" someone's character and such anymore, nothing said anymore can we said in a joking matter(written). Too bad but it's the kind of media world we live in anymore.

This should NOT affect him too much and watch the media try to ask questions about it and let's see how Josh handles those reporters, GOOD like everything else he's done.
Cmon Cleveland get Josh and let's enjoy his progress at a team needing and wanting to build for a great future.!!!! GO POKES
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

stymeman wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:20 am didn't they say the same thing about Larry Nance when he got drafted by some of the things tweeted about Kobe back in the day. Funny how in this day and age of instant info on everyone that the media has to do all it can to try to "destroy" someone's character and such anymore, nothing said anymore can we said in a joking matter(written). Too bad but it's the kind of media world we live in anymore.

This should NOT affect him too much and watch the media try to ask questions about it and let's see how Josh handles those reporters, GOOD like everything else he's done.
Cmon Cleveland get Josh and let's enjoy his progress at a team needing and wanting to build for a great future.!!!! GO POKES
I'll admit it would be great for Josh to be the first overall pick. But look at the organization he would be going to. For Josh's sake, I hope he drops to 5 and lands in Denver.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Come to the CARDINALS, nice to dream
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

The biggest BS about this whole thing is the article I read said his twitter was vetted in January and the tweets were deleted. That means some slimy poop bag has been sitting on these since early January just waiting to try to railroad Josh. Allen aside, UW aside, what kind of low life poop f-word does that to some kid they probably have never met?

What a douchey thing to do