Allen

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:13 am The biggest BS about this whole thing is the article I read said his twitter was vetted in January and the tweets were deleted. That means some slimy poop bag has been sitting on these since early January just waiting to try to railroad Josh. Allen aside, UW aside, what kind of low life poop f-word does that to some kid they probably have never met?

What a douchey thing to do
Apparently, that wasn't true. I think Adam Schefter reported that. Some of his tweets had been deleted but those that surfaced had not been.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:24 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:13 am The biggest BS about this whole thing is the article I read said his twitter was vetted in January and the tweets were deleted. That means some slimy poop bag has been sitting on these since early January just waiting to try to railroad Josh. Allen aside, UW aside, what kind of low life poop f-word does that to some kid they probably have never met?

Apparently, that wasn't true. I think Adam Schefter reported that. Some of his tweets had been deleted but those that surfaced had not been.
Who is refuting that report? Its in an ESPN article on their home page which certainly doesnt mean its gospel, just curious where youre hearing thats refuted.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:33 am

Who is refuting that report? Its in an ESPN article on their home page which certainly doesnt mean its gospel, just curious where youre hearing thats refuted.
Damn. Here's a link. But it's not the same one that denied Adam Schefter's tweet that the tweets had been deleted.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/26/ ... eets-draft
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:10 am

Damn. Here's a link. But it's not the same one that denied Adam Schefter's tweet that the tweets had been deleted.

Not sure what that has to do with my question... still not seeing anything refuting the claim the account was scrubbed in January...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

I think Josh handled this as well as possible...if you read the current ESPN story.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:14 pm I think Josh handled this as well as possible...if you read the current ESPN story.
I thought that as well. It was a bad look for him, but he got out in front of it, owned it, and vowed to be better going forward. Not much more needs said about it. Hopefully if he falls, he ends up on a winning team with a veteran QB who he can learn under.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:07 pm

Not sure what that has to do with my question... still not seeing anything refuting the claim the account was scrubbed in January...
I can't read the article for you. But it clearly says, the tweets are gone now. Meaning: They were there until a day ago or whatever. That's what I took it to mean. I can't imagine yahoo sports scanned his twitter account in January and held onto this story until today.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:46 pm

I can't read the article for you. But it clearly says, the tweets are gone now. Meaning: They were there until a day ago or whatever. That's what I took it to mean. I can't imagine yahoo sports scanned his twitter account in January and held onto this story until today.
Actually the report is that someone took a screenshot of the posts prior to January (when they were deleted) and they were just released last night.

https://twitter.com/BFoster91/status/989530842966974464
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I don't take that to mean that at all. It just means they are no longer up. It doesn't say when they were removed and Schefter has good contacts so until I hear something else then I believe him when he says they were scrubbed in January. Plus it just makes snese that professional agents/ publicists would go back through his old tweets and scrub them.

As to Yahoo sitting on them, you are right which is why I don't they did. Someone else did and then leaked them to yahoo today to the maximum amount of damage to Josh. Which I think is a more interesting story than "15 year old kid says things that could be racist but might not be if we knew context"
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

TSpoke wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:04 pm
As to Yahoo sitting on them, you are right which is why I don't they did. Someone else did and then leaked them to yahoo today to the maximum amount of damage to Josh. Which I think is a more interesting story than "15 year old kid says things that could be racist but might not be if we knew context"
Agreed. Someone sought to inflict the most damage possible upon Josh (no chance to adequately respond and address the tweets fully). This is garbage BS. If this is determined to be an agent for another QB in the league, such agent should be shunned IMO as completely lacking business ethics and integrity. If this is determined to be an actual team hoping to cause Josh to drop, I don't know what the answer is but some type of ethics penalty appears appropriate.

The biggest day of Josh's life has turned into a nightmare for him based on tweets he made as a 15-16 year old (likely costing Allen millions of dollars in draft selection and endorsements). Utter BS.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:12 pm
Agreed. Someone sought to inflict the most damage possible upon Josh (no chance to adequately respond and address the tweets fully). This is garbage BS. If this is determined to be an agent for another QB in the league, such agent should be shunned IMO as completely lacking business ethics and integrity. If this is determined to be an actual team hoping to cause Josh to drop, I don't know what the answer is but some type of ethics penalty appears appropriate.

The biggest day of Josh's life has turned into a nightmare for him based on tweets he made as a 15-16 year old (likely costing Allen millions of dollars in draft selection and endorsements). Utter BS.
You just defined the majority of agents in professional sports. If you shunned all of them for poor ethics, there wouldn't be any left. :lol: I exaggerate, but not entirely...
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

I don't take that to mean that at all. It just means they are no longer up. It doesn't say when they were removed and Schefter has good contacts so until I hear something else then I believe him when he says they were scrubbed in January. Plus it just makes snese that professional agents/ publicists would go back through his old tweets and scrub them.

If that's true, then Yahoo sports is being deceptive because they state that they scanned Josh Allen's twitter account. They don't say "some source provided screen shots of his twitter account in January".
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:19 pm

If that's true, then Yahoo sports is being deceptive because they state that they scanned Josh Allen's twitter account. They don't say "some source provided screen shots of his twitter account in January".
Yahoo said "a search through his twitter revealed" They specifically didn't say "we searched" they left it vague, intentionally in my opinion. I think it is shady reporting by them and not willing to say where they got it.

Is it possible it was up there yesterday? Sure I don't know but we have one report that says it wasn't and I would imagine it would have gotten scrubbed in the past few months so I believe it.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

I believe there are tools that can dig up deleted tweets
W-Y, Until I Die!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

That is most definitely NOT what the article says. It says he scrubbed them in January. Which means someone found them and stashed them until this time. poop
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

The revised article up on ESPN right now says, and I quote, "Allen told Mortensen he thought he had gone through his Twitter account a year ago. I had even typed in keywords to see if anything I had tweeted popped up that I needed to clean up, but nothing like these came up or I just missed them," Allen said. "My agency went over any past social media, and these didn't come up after I did the search."
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:07 pm The revised article up on ESPN right now says, and I quote, "Allen told Mortensen he thought he had gone through his Twitter account a year ago. I had even typed in keywords to see if anything I had tweeted popped up that I needed to clean up, but nothing like these came up or I just missed them," Allen said. "My agency went over any past social media, and these didn't come up after I did the search."
Hmmm...Interesting. so his agency didn't do their job? How do you not go over every tweet. It couldn't take that long. I really doubt he has that many. I mean I'm sure its a lot but it would be easy to scroll through them. Or delete all tweets from before a certain year.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Burns me up. This was supposed to be a celebration of Josh and UW, now it's embarrassing and I'm kind of dreading what they are going to say about him. Josh is such a good kid, too. Someone really wants to kill JA and UW. MAybe A CSU or BYU turd?
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:29 pm Burns me up. This was supposed to be a celebration of Josh and UW, now it's embarrassing and I'm kind of dreading what they are going to say about him. Josh is such a good kid, too. Someone really wants to kill JA and UW. MAybe A CSU or BYU turd?
I spent most of the day feeling this way but I'm choosing not to. Josh attracted haters throughout the whole process and this is just the culmination of the BS double standard that has made him the only QB attracting this level of scrutiny. It's just going to be that much sweeter for the people that stood by Josh when he shows out in the league and moves past all this garbage.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Just sat down at the office, and realized that I'm wearing one of my Wyoming football shirts. Good sign for tonight!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo