The offense will dominate the spring...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Logan Wilson and Brandon Foster also now following Speight. I'd say onePokeovertheline has proven his credibility rather well and appreciate the insight.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Would be a great get for the staff. A decent qb could be the difference in getting back to the conference championship game with this teams defense ( not saying TVW isn’t decent but is certainly unknown, not a lot of known depth for that point).
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:13 pm Logan Wilson and Brandon Foster also now following Speight. I'd say onePokeovertheline has proven his credibility rather well and appreciate the insight.
Very well put.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Good info. Thanks
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

wiley wapiti wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:16 am Gordy Haug and Justin Mesa just followed Wilton Speight on twitter.
Is he #1 on Michigan depth chart if Patterson isn't granted eligibility this season?
I thought Speight was better than Peters?...was that the name of the guy who filled in the rest of the season?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:30 pm
wiley wapiti wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:16 am Gordy Haug and Justin Mesa just followed Wilton Speight on twitter.
Is he #1 on Michigan depth chart if Patterson isn't granted eligibility this season?
I thought Speight was better than Peters?...was that the name of the guy who filled in the rest of the season?
Yes. There's a rumor that Speight might go back to Michigan now
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:24 pm Yes. There's a rumor that Speight might go back to Michigan now
Man, you read the reactions on Twitter about Speight possibly staying at Michigan...he is apparently Blue and Maize Nick Smith. They do not like him.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:13 pm Logan Wilson and Brandon Foster also now following Speight. I'd say onePokeovertheline has proven his credibility rather well and appreciate the insight.
To be clear, don’t want to hold anything back if I don’t have to. Just don’t want to piss the sources off. You can be sure the sources and info will be good.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

onePokeovertheline wrote:
To be clear, don’t want to hold anything back if I don’t have to. Just don’t want to piss the sources off. You can be sure the sources and info will be good.
Appreciate the insight
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

While the offense hasn't dominated the spring, they did today. Again it is exactly as predicted though as they went up against 2nd teamers and lower. I'm told there were numerous TD's; some situational, some drives. In the opinion of the source, still no separation between the QB's (I will divulge that the source isn't a coach) so CB may report differently on Tuesday.

I'll be going to the spring game, but I don't expect to see much with all the players that will be missing and held out as they don't need reps/don't wanna risk injury (Yo Ghaifan, Logan Wilson, Andrew Wingard and a few others).

Weather.com says that next Saturday will have a high of 44, snow showers early and 16mph winds. Lets hope that changes.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

onePokeovertheline wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:48 pm While the offense hasn't dominated the spring, they did today. Again it is exactly as predicted though as they went up against 2nd teamers and lower. I'm told there were numerous TD's; some situational, some drives. In the opinion of the source, still no separation between the QB's (I will divulge that the source isn't a coach) so CB may report differently on Tuesday.

I'll be going to the spring game, but I don't expect to see much with all the players that will be missing and held out as they don't need reps/don't wanna risk injury (Yo Ghaifan, Logan Wilson, Andrew Wingard and a few others).

Weather.com says that next Saturday will have a high of 44, snow showers early and 16mph winds. Lets hope that changes.
I am just happy that the offense experienced some success and actually dominated, and I am not concerned that it was just against the 2nd teamers and lower. My thought process is that it is small steps, you have to be successful against one group before you can be successful against a 2nd group that would be better. If the offense was struggling today against that 2nd and lower then I would be concerned. Success at any level breeds confidence and I am guessing that much of what these offensive players need is confidence. Finally, I don't think that any defense that Wyoming is going to put on the field right now as going to be bad, just one will be better than another.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

PotatoCreekPete wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:19 pm
onePokeovertheline wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:48 pm While the offense hasn't dominated the spring, they did today. Again it is exactly as predicted though as they went up against 2nd teamers and lower. I'm told there were numerous TD's; some situational, some drives. In the opinion of the source, still no separation between the QB's (I will divulge that the source isn't a coach) so CB may report differently on Tuesday.

I am just happy that the offense experienced some success and actually dominated, and I am not concerned that it was just against the 2nd teamers and lower. My thought process is that it is small steps, you have to be successful against one group before you can be successful against a 2nd group that would be better. If the offense was struggling today against that 2nd and lower then I would be concerned. Success at any level breeds confidence and I am guessing that much of what these offensive players need is confidence. Finally, I don't think that any defense that Wyoming is going to put on the field right now as going to be bad, just one will be better than another.

I will whole heartily agree about the weather! Hope that it changes for the better. I will be there.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

PotatoCreekPete wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:21 pm
PotatoCreekPete wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:19 pm

I had one additional thought, and I might be way off, but today was supposed to be a "big, big" day for the QB's and the ultimate decision of naming a starter, and if the offense dominated like it did, I bet that Tyler Vander Waal had a really big day. We know with Nick Smith what we get, someone that isn't spectacular, will manage the game, but isn't going to make a lot of athletic plays. I bet the offense made a few spectacular plays and that had a good chance of involving play by Tyler.

I will whole heartily agree about the weather! Hope that it changes for the better. I will be there.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

Can't argue with the logic, Potato...
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Any news on the scrimmage about the qbs? Hate having to wait till Tuesday for media reports.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

marcuswyo wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:18 pm Any news on the scrimmage about the qbs? Hate having to wait till Tuesday for media reports.
Just the opinion of the info source. Nothing official. It'll have to be Tuesday.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Apparently Milo Hall has switched from RB to WR this spring.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Any word on how the Qb situation is shaking out?
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:20 pm Apparently Milo Hall has switched from RB to WR this spring.
Good move. He wasn't quite cutting it at RB, but he is a solid route runner and has good hands.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

marcuswyo wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:16 am Any word on how the Qb situation is shaking out?
Bohl gave the same "both guys did some things" answer to the media yesterday.