The offense will dominate the spring...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

onePokeovertheline wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:52 am Could prove my prediction true (although he wouldn’t be here for spring)...
Could this have anything to do with a QB?
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:20 pm
303cowboy wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:35 pm
onePokeovertheline wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:52 am Could prove my prediction true (although he wouldn’t be here for spring)...
care to elaborate?
yes, yes. Need more info!
Not really able to give any more, sorry. Just know that I’m well connected as you saw above with the spring injury intel.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Hey everybody, I know a thing. I realize you all want to know a thing, but I'm connected to others who know things, and I can't tell you things.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

kdwrightuwyo wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:11 pm Hey everybody, I know a thing. I realize you all want to know a thing, but I'm connected to others who know things, and I can't tell you things.
I get it. The main reason it was said is that I can and do provide information as appropriate and accurate. You all knew on here about the spring practice absences before anyone else. I will gladly stop if that’s what you want.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

onePokeovertheline wrote:
kdwrightuwyo wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:11 pm Hey everybody, I know a thing. I realize you all want to know a thing, but I'm connected to others who know things, and I can't tell you things.
I get it. The main reason it was said is that I can and do provide information as appropriate and accurate. You all knew on here about the spring practice absences before anyone else. I will gladly stop if that’s what you want.
We dont mind if you actually tell us something...but you said something confirms something you thought but that you couldn't say anything. Essentially, you dangled a thick, juicy, tasty steak in front of a bunch of rabid dogs and then said that you couldn't give it to us. Except you didn't give us anything, or even a hint at any information.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

kdwrightuwyo wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:13 pm
We dont mind if you actually tell us something...but you said something confirms something you thought but that you couldn't say anything. Essentially, you dangled a thick, juicy, tasty steak in front of a bunch of rabid dogs and then said that you couldn't give it to us. Except you didn't give us anything, or even a hint at any information.
Actually, I did give you a hint. There is a big visit tomorrow. And since you have the hint I recommend you follow Twitter or Gags or Foster or wherever it is you get your news. Then you can be the first to know and impress all your Poke buddies.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

onePokeovertheline wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:01 pm
Actually, I did give you a hint. There is a big visit tomorrow. And since you have the hint I recommend you follow Twitter or Gags or Foster or wherever it is you get your news. Then you can be the first to know and impress all your Poke buddies.
Don't mind him, his nose is out of shape because he wants everything. I understand that you can't always give all of the facts, that a hint is all that you can give at the time. I appreciate the information that you have provided.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

In this thread, you didn't mention anything about a visit...you talked injured dudes then said something about your prediction (that I can't find, unless my bus is extremely short today) coming true without telling us your prediction.

My nose isn't out of shape as Tater Creek insinuates...its just annoying when someone says "I know something, and I can't tell you". It has nothing to do with you being an insider and not telling too much. It's the fact that you didn't even tell us your prediction then said it may come true, but that you can't tell us. Your hints with the injuries was great, this other one is missing so many pieces that we are more confused than anything else.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing info with the board.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

kdwrightuwyo wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:14 am
In this thread, you didn't mention anything about a visit...you talked injured dudes then said something about your prediction (that I can't find, unless my bus is extremely short today) coming true without telling us your prediction.

My nose isn't out of shape as Tater Creek insinuates...its just annoying when someone says "I know something, and I can't tell you". It has nothing to do with you being an insider and not telling too much. It's the fact that you didn't even tell us your prediction then said it may come true, but that you can't tell us. Your hints with the injuries was great, this other one is missing so many pieces that we are more confused than anything else.

It’s clear you’re not the sharpest knife in the drawer; I’m sorry. The prediction was in the title of the thread, I believe it had something to do with the offense maybe getting the upper hand because of all the defensive guys missing spring ball. Someone (maybe you I don’t remember) doubted the info and specifically called me out on Hall which I clarified as Josiah (announced yesterday, btw). So when I said my prediction may come true based on a big visit, well...can’t really help you anymore than that. Except for the fact that he isn’t enrolled and participating in spring drills which really means the visit is irrelevant as it relates to spring ball. So, while my “prediction” may or may not come true it really was less a prediction than it was a way to make a point which was and is that the best defense in the MWC was going to be very thin this spring and as a result we might get a false sense of offensive improvement.

From now on I suggest you read this stuff with your parents so they can translate for you if needed.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

That's uncalled for. Just because you know what you are referencing several days after broaching a topic, doesn't mean that everyone else know what your thinking. If you noticed, others were equally confused by your comment. I was the only person who was dumb enough to say something about it.

BTW, I never doubted you and what you stated. I had no reason to doubt you. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and trust until proven otherwise. I still believe you.

Thank you for your clarification and discourse.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

onePokeovertheline wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:20 am

It’s clear you’re not the sharpest knife in the drawer; I’m sorry. The prediction was in the title of the thread, I believe it had something to do with the offense maybe getting the upper hand because of all the defensive guys missing spring ball. Someone (maybe you I don’t remember) doubted the info and specifically called me out on Hall which I clarified as Josiah (announced yesterday, btw). So when I said my prediction may come true based on a big visit, well...can’t really help you anymore than that. Except for the fact that he isn’t enrolled and participating in spring drills which really means the visit is irrelevant as it relates to spring ball. So, while my “prediction” may or may not come true it really was less a prediction than it was a way to make a point which was and is that the best defense in the MWC was going to be very thin this spring and as a result we might get a false sense of offensive improvement.

From now on I suggest you read this stuff with your parents so they can translate for you if needed.
:popcorn:

Not only does he leak info, he also entertains! Keep it coming!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 595 times
Been liked: 238 times

onePokeovertheline wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:20 am

You really didn't say anything other than the injuries. If you're going to say who's visiting just say it. Even a position would be great.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

I haven’t seen anyone visiting that would make an impact during fall camp. Few high schoolers from 19’ visited
W-Y, Until I Die!
wiley wapiti
Ranch Hand

Gordy Haug and Justin Mesa just followed Wilton Speight on twitter.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

wiley wapiti wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:16 am Gordy Haug and Justin Mesa just followed Wilton Speight on twitter.
https://youtu.be/6f-2LExTvBw
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 595 times
Been liked: 238 times

Would be a game changer. Speight would project as the starter which would be cool, but if Vanderwaal beats him out we'd know he's legit. Let this happen, please.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

Evidently he was at UCLA yesterday. Whoever his hosts are, I hope they emphasize the lack of League prep a Chip Kelly offense provides.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

I see the weather of Laramie rolled out its finest features for him today.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Pros and cons with Speight. While he would certainly be an upgrade over the current QBs on the roster, he isn't that great. Watched him play a few times this year, has a decent arm but doesn't make the best decisions. Certainly wouldn't be able to replace the guy that just left, but I suppose no one can do that.

The best thing about bringing in a guy like him is that I have confidence that this coaching staff could make him better and utilize him to this fullest potential.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 222 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:44 pm Pros and cons with Speight. While he would certainly be an upgrade over the current QBs on the roster, he isn't that great. Watched him play a few times this year, has a decent arm but doesn't make the best decisions. Certainly wouldn't be able to replace the guy that just left, but I suppose no one can do that.

The best thing about bringing in a guy like him is that I have confidence that this coaching staff could make him better and utilize him to this fullest potential.
Speight is not even comparable to Nick Smith. That is like asking who is better option for the Houston Texans...Deshaun Watston or Tom Savage.