Oh No!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Did you get a marketing job with Adidas lol
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

poke_addict wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:30 am Did you get a marketing job with Adidas lol
It is worse than that...

And I vomited.
Dear Karma,

poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

I'm confused with this post. FIRST off I would have never thought in a million years you were a Pinterest kind of guy lol. Second please don't tell were working on a deal with Adidas because that is more than I can take.
Last edited by poke_addict on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Pokes Looking at moving away from Nike to Adidas?

I’m guessing Adidas is going to have to change it’s college sports marketing as I don’t think it will be paying players anymore after the Louisville scandal. My guess is the scandal will cost Adidas some of its big school sponsorships.

Personally, I like the Adidas brand and wouldn’t be opposed.

Also, Pinterest??? My gf does enough of trying to push that on me.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

Negotiations are in progress.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Really really bad move if they follow through on this. Unless Adidas makes UW one of its premier schools, which it won't, adidas does nothing for us.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

poke_addict wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:03 pm I'm confused with this post. FIRST off I would have never thought in a million years you were a Pinterest kind of guy lol. Second please don't tell were working on a deal with Adidas because that is more than I can take.
LOL - definitely not a pinterest (or whatever) kind of guy, but that site was the only one that popped up without some copyright restrictions on logo's and shiz.

And no we aren't working on a deal...the deal is done from what I was told.
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:07 pm Pokes Looking at moving away from Nike to Adidas?

I’m guessing Adidas is going to have to change it’s college sports marketing as I don’t think it will be paying players anymore after the Louisville scandal. My guess is the scandal will cost Adidas some of its big school sponsorships.

Personally, I like the Adidas brand and wouldn’t be opposed.

Also, Pinterest??? My gf does enough of trying to push that on me.
Glad you have a girlfriend. :cool:
Dear Karma,

Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Didn't we have Adidas for our uniforms in the Dimel era?
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:03 pm
poke_addict wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:03 pm I'm confused with this post. FIRST off I would have never thought in a million years you were a Pinterest kind of guy lol. Second please don't tell were working on a deal with Adidas because that is more than I can take.
LOL - definitely not a pinterest (or whatever) kind of guy, but that site was the only one that popped up without some copyright restrictions on logo's and shiz.

And no we aren't working on a deal...the deal is done from what I was told.
For all sports? It seems like some teams (women's basketball with Under Armour) don't currently use Nike. Hopefully this means all the Nike apparel on shelves goes on clearance soon :twocents: :twocents:

Not sure if I hate this or not. Nike has done some weird things in basketball including our current ugly uniforms and the recent NBA jersey ripping controversy, so maybe Adidas could be an upgrade. And since fewer schools use them maybe they can devote some more attention to us. And Bohl sure likes to keep things plain so as long as he doesn't revert back to New Balance I think it doesn't matter for football.

Do kids still think Adidas is cool? I guess I'm getting too old now... lol
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

At least it's not New Balance
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Awesome! Ever since Nike gave the dog torturer/killer Michael Vick a new contract, I quit buying anything Nike.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

This never made any sense to me. Why do we contract our jerseys out? Wouldn't it make more sense to control our own product and production? Somebody should revisit doing our own poop
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

carbonpoke wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:35 pm This never made any sense to me. Why do we contract our jerseys out? Wouldn't it make more sense to control our own product and production? Somebody should revisit doing our own poop
There are lots of Wyoming clothing items made by other labels. Private labeling doesn't work unless you can do massive volume and have a retail insfrastructure already in place. Collecting a fee and letting a major like Adidas do the legwork is a no brainer.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

carbonpoke wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:35 pm This never made any sense to me. Why do we contract our jerseys out? Wouldn't it make more sense to control our own product and production? Somebody should revisit doing our own poop
Sorry carbonpoke, but that’s a horrible idea. Sponsorships actually goes a long way in recruiting because young athletes want to be decked out in the latest and greatest Nike/Jumpman/Adidas/flavor of the month uniforms. Not some homemade shanty unis made at the brown and gold. I’m indifferent towards what brand we go with as long as they look sharp and represent our brand well.
Last edited by LaradiseCowboy on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wiley wapiti
Ranch Hand

I love this....Im a self professed Adidas fan boy. I will never let my kids wear nike over Adidas. nike is for every bandwagon, gotta have the most popular, because I can't think for myself athletic clothes wearer. On the same hand, I can't stand Labron James either, just because everyone else is all over his jock. lol so this makes my day!!!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Honestly, most people hate our colors so I really doubt any player uses Nike/adidas as a tie breaker for choosing their college football team
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wicks
Blog Team
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

We now have some fairly solid proof of this.

https://wyonation.com/2018/03/three-str ... gs-future/

Take part in the WyoNation Poll, do you like this potential move to Adidas from Nike?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

One thing it could mean visually is the removal of that brown spot on the gold pants.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo