We just got a commit from "the rocket" ismail's son

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

I remember dad being faster than Superman. Pretty cool.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Awesome! Welcome addition! Here's the link. The write up has the Rocket winning the Heisman which he never did at ND. Last one was Tim Brown.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 9f1e5.html
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Curious as to why he didn't just sign? I thought that he can sign any day as we are past signing day and as he is projected to be part of the class of 2018. Maybe there is an issue making sure his classes will transfer and that he will be eligible at Wyoming in 2018? (just speculating)

A little research shows that he walked on at TCU as part of the Class of 2015 before leaving for the JUCO route. He was a Rivals 3* recruit in 2015 but that could have been supplemented by the name. He is small but it is apparent we need some immediate WR help so I'd expect he has a chance to compete for playing time. Looking forward to seeing him on campus and having his dad around the program wouldn't hurt either.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:51 am Curious as to why he didn't just sign? I thought that he can sign any day as we are past signing day and as he is projected to be part of the class of 2018. Maybe there is an issue making sure his classes will transfer and that he will be eligible at Wyoming in 2018? (just speculating)

A little research shows that he walked on at TCU as part of the Class of 2015 before leaving for the JUCO route. He was a Rivals 3* recruit in 2015 but that could have been supplemented by the name. He is small but it is apparent we need some immediate WR help so I'd expect he has a chance to compete for playing time. Looking forward to seeing him on campus and having his dad around the program wouldn't hurt either.
And maybe he adds to our return game.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

wyoair wrote:Awesome! Welcome addition! Here's the link. The write up has the Rocket winning the Heisman which he never did at ND. Last one was Tim Brown.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 9f1e5.html
Ya he finished second to Ty Detmer.
TrackPoke
Ranch Hand

Read somewhere he runs a 4.4 40.

His dad ran 4.28.
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

With that speed, maybe he can get some good separation and be open a lot.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I was trying to find how many years he has left to play and couldn't find anything
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:00 pm I was trying to find how many years he has left to play and couldn't find anything
Should have two years
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

I think he will have 3 years. He is listed as a freshman on this link for last season.

http://njcaaregion14.com/sports/fball/2 ... =0&pos=off
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Be a factor, please