NCAA Mulls Allowing Redshirts to Play

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

NCAA is going to vote in April on allowing players to play in up to 4 games and still maintain their ability to redshirt. If it passes, it sounds like it would go into effect immediately and also be retroactive.

Could be useful at the end of the year to get some freshman some playing time once they are familiar with the system. Also, could allow for more late season depth after injuries deplete certain positions.

Courier Journal Article

ESPN talks about the proposal
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

On wingo and golic they talked about players not having to wait a year if you transfer. I think that would be terrible. Every decent g5 team could be poached to death
W-Y, Until I Die!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:09 pm On wingo and golic they talked about players not having to wait a year if you transfer. I think that would be terrible. Every decent g5 team could be poached to death
I think the only exception should be if a coach leaves. Players commit to coaches and schemes etc, They should be able to move on to another school if their head coach moves to a new job
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure the redshirt thing wouldn't benefit P5 teams more as well somehow.