Washington State QB Tyler Hilinski found dead in apparent suicide

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... police-say

Feels like this has some relevance on this board, having Wazzu as the home opener next fall. Heartbreaking news. I was gutted reading about it this morning.

More importantly, in case anyone on this board is struggling, it's a good time to bring awareness to the issue of depression.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

An absolutely awful story. Depression and suicide are an epidemic in our society. Thank you for calling attention to this story and to a source of help. No one is alone in this.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Terribly sorry for everyone involved. Anxiety, depression, PTSD, Bipolar, Schizo-affective disorders etc, is incredible debilitating and has significant comorbidities associated with it. Lack of access through funding, treatment facilities, providers whom treat it are scarce. There isn't someone you know more than likely who isn't affected by this which is telling.
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

This brings to mind a similar story 10-15 years ago about a Nebraska farm kid (and I'm sure Nebraska fans can clarify any facts I have wrong) who worked his way up from walk on to starting tight end, I believe, who killed himself underneath a tree on the family farm. By all accounts he was also a great kid and liked by everyone. Tragic stories.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Cheywypoke wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:41 am This brings to mind a similar story 10-15 years ago about a Nebraska farm kid (and I'm sure Nebraska fans can clarify any facts I have wrong) who worked his way up from walk on to starting tight end, I believe, who killed himself underneath a tree on the family farm. By all accounts he was also a great kid and liked by everyone. Tragic stories.
What makes depression and alike so difficult to treat, in addition to my previous post, is that a significant part of the time its the people you would never think that have mental illness or suicidal thoughts. The happiest people are often the most troubled. Robin Williams is a good example and his quote is very true “I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless and they don’t want anyone else to feel like that.”
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

wyoair wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:48 am
Cheywypoke wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:41 am This brings to mind a similar story 10-15 years ago about a Nebraska farm kid (and I'm sure Nebraska fans can clarify any facts I have wrong) who worked his way up from walk on to starting tight end, I believe, who killed himself underneath a tree on the family farm. By all accounts he was also a great kid and liked by everyone. Tragic stories.
What makes depression and alike so difficult to treat, in addition to my previous post, is that a significant part of the time its the people you would never think that have mental illness or suicidal thoughts. The happiest people are often the most troubled. Robin Williams is a good example and his quote is very true “I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless and they don’t want anyone else to feel like that.”
Ironic since Robin Williams committed suicide days after finding out he had Parkinson's Disease.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!