Per Star Trib, sounds like Wingard, Granderson, and Wilson are returning for 2018

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

Saw this in the Star Tribune today. It reads that Wilson and Granderson have each told the Star Tribune that they are returning for 2018 and Wingard's tweet certainly indicates he is coming back.

Looking forward to it. Hope they keep up the effort, have a monster of a defense, and get some pro scout attention.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I never really expected otherwise
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

Good, more size on granderson and he will terrify everyone more
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Nice to hear. We will be salty next year
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:20 pm Nice to hear. We will be salty next year
The only issue on defense, is that we lost our starting two corners to graduation. While the guys behind them got playing time, that's still a lot of experience and talent to replace.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:02 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:20 pm Nice to hear. We will be salty next year
The only issue on defense, is that we lost our starting two corners to graduation. While the guys behind them got playing time, that's still a lot of experience and talent to replace.
Totally agree. Gafford was BA this year and we will miss him. I think he'll catch on in the NFL. I hated him his first year because I felt like he was scared of contact, but he turned a 180 this year and was a great tackler. Obviously great in coverage.

Priester will be missed, too. He was a good one.

T. Hall is very good as well. We'll get Antonio Hull back hopefully and I know they wee very high on Coldon who redshirted. Braden Smith was one of the standouts on special teams this year - he looked fast and made numerous tackles. Overall, I think we'll be OK back there :twisted:
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

I think one needs to remember that a great D-line makes it way easier for the secondary to look amazing.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:54 am I think one needs to remember that a great D-line makes it way easier for the secondary to look amazing.
Oh definitely. And we return all 4 starters on a mean d-line. Harder, better, faster, stronger.

Yes, I just quoted Daft Punk. I've had those lyrics stuck in my head all day, but it fits.
PApokesPhan
Ranch Hand

fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:01 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:54 am I think one needs to remember that a great D-line makes it way easier for the secondary to look amazing.
Oh definitely. And we return all 4 starters on a mean d-line. Harder, better, faster, stronger.

Yes, I just quoted Daft Punk. I've had those lyrics stuck in my head all day, but it fits.
I’m excited about some of the depth on the dline next year, more so the from the end position with Victor Jones, Crall showing some good promise, hopefully Windsor coming back healthy and Byrd has been talkin himself up on Twitter and I think he has some good edge to him. On the interior with Holt and Jackson rotating and Dunayski being a redshirt frosh
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

CBS Sports ranks Wingard as #20 best returning college football player

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... next-year/
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

303cowboy wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:39 am CBS Sports ranks Wingard as #20 best returning college football player

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... next-year/
He'd be 1 or 2 if they did a best hair list.