Josh Allen character issues?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Okay, I need some insight here. A respected Phoenix radio host, Dan Bickely, has stated at least three different times on his radio show that he has a source that told him Allen is "weird" and has character issues. These are some pretty serious charges, and I am shocked to hear this because this host has been considered to be reputable in this market for years.

Everything I have seen or read is contrary to his statements made on the radio. Any idea who would be giving him this information? I would love to see JA in a Cardinal uniform next year.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

phxpoke wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:18 pm Okay, I need some insight here. A respected Phoenix radio host, Dan Bickely, has stated at least three different times on his radio show that he has a source that told him Allen is "weird" and has character issues. These are some pretty serious charges, and I am shocked to hear this because this host has been considered to be reputable in this market for years.

Everything I have seen or read is contrary to his statements made on the radio. Any idea who would be giving him this information? I would love to see JA in a Cardinal uniform next year.
I'm assuming he did not elaborate as to what "weird" is? I know a great deal of people who are "weird" but are students of their craft and have absolutely no character issues. From what I hear Allen does not have issues and is dedicated to his craft. If that makes him weird then a lot of us are.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

phxpoke wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:18 pm Okay, I need some insight here. A respected Phoenix radio host, Dan Bickely, has stated at least three different times on his radio show that he has a source that told him Allen is "weird" and has character issues. These are some pretty serious charges, and I am shocked to hear this because this host has been considered to be reputable in this market for years.

I think the guy is just making up excuses to not draft Allen, since he isn't exactly being more detailed on what these so-called "issues" are.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

I could see weird growing up on a farm and small town gives a much different perspective in life. Josh is a little goofy but he's a pretty normal guy by Wyoming standards which is a good thing. So I would say Josh is only weird to city folk.

Character issues is just a bat poop crazy remark. Josh is a very confident young man and to some it may come off the wrong way. I really can't think of any moment where I've seen Josh lack integrity.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

His source must be Dino or something lol
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

I sent Dan Bickley a tweet asking him to explain himself. Haven't heard back from him yet. Just strange to hear him rip on Josh's character three different times.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

This guy is obviously an idiot and is repeating what Colin Cowherd said on his radio show earlier this week. Colin Cowherd, who has almost assuredly never spoken to Josh Allen, is also an idiot.

That said, if Josh Allen is "weird" then Josh Rosen must send this guy into an eternal safe space.
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

*sigh* that time of year again. Draft scouts and NFL executives could find "character concerns" in Christ himself.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:07 pm This guy is obviously an idiot and is repeating what Colin Cowherd said on his radio show earlier this week. Colin Cowherd, who has almost assuredly never spoken to Josh Allen, is also an idiot.

That said, if Josh Allen is "weird" then Josh Rosen must send this guy into an eternal safe space.
What did Cowherd say about Allen being weird? I listen daily but must have missed it?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Cowherd is just probably pissed Josh has a hot-looking girlfriend....and he don't.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

"Weird" means different things to different people and could be completely innocuous. As far as vague "character issues," with his upbringing and playing under Bohl Allen has had nothing but the best influences on him. He says all the right things, has stayed out of trouble, handles the media well and there has never been any doubt about his teammates' love and respect for him. The same cannot be said for Mayfield and Rosen, if we really want to talk character concerns.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Allen doesn't try to hump every cheerleader on campus. Allen doesn't go to the Buck and get in fights. Allen does his own homework. So yes. As a football player, you can say Allen is "weird".
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

A small town farm kid is going to be weird by many standards but it just means he has a different perspective. Charector has never ever been a concern while at wyoming
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Aren't we all a bit "weird" in our own way? What a moronic comment. Josh actually has character
wyopoke123
Buckaroo

Josh is loved and respected by every one of his teammates, treats the media and fans with respect, and is respectful on the field. --coming from several of his teammates

This is a bunch of BS from radio nerds out there who aren't plugged in and are looking to get a couple extra clicks.

gonna be alot of this coming out in the next few months folks. buckle in.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

On Denver radio they called him a redass. But that's a good thing for a QB in most peoples opinion
wyoair
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:07 pm This guy is obviously an idiot and is repeating what Colin Cowherd said on his radio show earlier this week. Colin Cowherd, who has almost assuredly never spoken to Josh Allen, is also an idiot.

Cowherd simply loves to hear himself talk.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

wyoair wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:26 pm

Cowherd simply loves to hear himself talk.
I feel sorry for his wife....and family.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

J-Rod wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:10 pm *sigh* that time of year again. Draft scouts and NFL executives could find "character concerns" in Christ himself.
Christ, Jesus 5'7", 160. ATH
Strengths: great leader, extremely high pain tolerance, superb conditioning-can seemingly go 40 days straight, excellent recovery ability, great vision-can practically see into the future.

Weaknesses: Projects as a DB (not WR) at the next level-has holes for hands, possible overconfidence issues-thinks he can walk on water.

Intangibles: can turn water into wine, able to feed a stadium of people with a couple loafs of bread, father has significant connections.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

I saw Josh a few times at Walmart in Laramie and he's a quiet kid who doesn't act like he's the poop. If that's "weird," I'll take a guy like that on my team any day of the week. He's a good guy who isn't all about himself and his ego.