The National Champions Hang their Banner

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
castlerocker
Cowpoke

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... hip-banner

The only true champion is...........UCF!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Good for them. The system is rigged. Whatever gets people talking and thinking
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

There is no logical argument to deny UCF as champions. Any argument of "well they wouldn't have been able to do that in a better conference" is nothing but pure subjective speculation. UCF won every game on its schedule and beat the team that beat both teams playing for the National Championship...pretty straight forward.

Went from one of the worst teams in college football to National Champions in 2 years. Pretty amazing.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Almost makes you wonder if Frost should have just stayed there?
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

I think the whole thing is a joke. UCF doesn't deserve to hang a national championship banner. We need a 8 team playoff where they would have had a chance. Not champs

For the record I won't be watching the sec title game either... the whole system isn't just a dumpster fire it's the whole dump. Go pokes
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Why not,they have an argument for it. Tons of schools went back in history books to claim titles that they have displayed in their stadiums ( looking at you Alabama). I am pretty sure Alabama claims one in which they weren't AP champ and even lossed to Notre Dame in a bowl game ( sugar bowl maybe?). This is classic college football antics and it makes it great.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

poke_addict wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:12 pm UCF doesn't deserve to hang a national championship banner.
Explain why not? With today's subjective P5 system of picking the final 4 to the CFP (one which UCF didn't choose), UCF could not possibly win a CFP. UCF won every game on its schedule and beat the team which beat both the teams playing for the championship game of the CFP.

By all objective measures, UCF is the National Champion. I hope their banner is massive.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

Okie State just got their "1945 National Championship" a few months ago which, I won't lie, I laughed my ass off!!!! You now get an "official" championship from the end of WWII???!!! Ah...O.K. :roll:

As I keep saying almost everywhere on the 'Net...Nothing...Absolutely NOTHING surprises me!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
poke_addict
Cowpoke

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:00 pm
poke_addict wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:12 pm UCF doesn't deserve to hang a national championship banner.
Explain why not? With today's subjective P5 system of picking the final 4 to the CFP (one which UCF didn't choose), UCF could not possibly win a CFP. UCF won every game on its schedule and beat the team which beat both the teams playing for the championship game of the CFP.

By all objective measures, UCF is the National Champion. I hope their banner is massive.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:37 pm There is no logical argument to deny UCF as champions. Any argument of "well they wouldn't have been able to do that in a better conference" is nothing but pure subjective speculation. UCF won every game on its schedule and beat the team that beat both teams playing for the National Championship...pretty straight forward.

Went from one of the worst teams in college football to National Champions in 2 years. Pretty amazing.
Other than them not playing for the championship
poke_addict
Cowpoke

So they beat a unmotivated Auburn team they deserve a championship? Look if you haven't realized there has NEVER been a legitimate national champion at the highest level of collegiate football then I don't know what to say. UCF isn't even close to the first team that went undefeated and wasn't awarded the crown.

The entire thing is a massive joke and a slap in the face to every college football fan in the country. I will agree they deserve a spot to battle it out. Look if Wyoming were in the same shoes I would legitimately be embarrassed. Boise and Utah never acted like children claiming what they were not.

It will never be right until at least 8 teams battle it out. Until then it's a joke!!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

TCU was probably snubbed just as hard as Utah and Boise... and yeah, they too didn't hang up a banner.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Were Boise, TCU, and Utah the only undefeated during there seasons?
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

marcuswyo wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:14 pm Were Boise, TCU, and Utah the only undefeated during there seasons?
Utah went undefeated and beat Texas A&M, North Carolina and Arizona by at least two touchdowns each. Boise routinely scheduled and beat quality P5 teams.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

But they weren't the only undefeated teams during their seasons, UCF was. Any other decade a team would claim a title if they were the only undefeated team left with beating a top sec team in a bowl. There was also collusion to keep them ranked low, so they had no path in. It is a great for college football for them to stir up some controversy.

Also wyoming should claim 1895 and 1897 as national titles. I think an Ivy League school did this recently. We were 2-0 those years. Or 1950, won the most games(10-0).
BJC
A Real Cowboy

poke_addict wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:31 pm
It will never be right until at least 8 teams battle it out. Until then it's a joke!!!
They still wouldn't have got in being ranked at #12
poke_addict
Cowpoke

BJC wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:24 pm
Not with automatic qualification
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

poke_addict wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:06 pm
Automatic qualification would most years guarantee that the G5 representative faces the top seed right away. Hardly better than the hat-tip the G5 currently gets with a spot in the NY6 bowls.
poke_addict
Cowpoke

Poke in New England wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:35 pm
poke_addict wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:06 pm
Automatic qualification would most years guarantee that the G5 representative faces the top seed right away. Hardly better than the hat-tip the G5 currently gets with a spot in the NY6 bowls.
It would be way better are you kidding. If you want to win a championship you will most likely have to beat them anyway. We are looking for a legitimate chance not hand outs.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Anyone who thinks we compete on the same level as the P5 or will someday have a chance at some hypothetical P5 playoff is delusional. Even in an 8 team playoff UCF would not have gotten a spot and no they are not giving a non P5 team an automatic qualification.