Josh Allen: where does he go?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
KeepitrealWyo
Buckaroo

Allen will Piss on all the QB's at the Combine. If the Browns want Penn State RB then Giants will get Josh.
If Cleveland could land both, then with young defense help from last year they may compete. Josh Gordon is a good WR as well. Browns may win 4-6 games next year and be on there way to mediocrity.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

On the latest Madden game (got it for Christmas, and the first football game I've gotten since they canceled the NCAA football games), I turned the Chicago Bears into the basically the NFL Wyoming Cowboys team. Getting all active Pokes on the roster. And, may or may not have bumped their stats up to my (possibly biased) standards. And then in playing the game, I created Josh Allen as the QB.

A question though; wasn't Tanner Gentry recently activated for the Bears? What happened to him?
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Everybody is bitching about Allen completion percentage. Go look up Farve and McNabb's college stats... Both at Allen's percentage.

They compare Allen to the wrong group, putting him with spread QBs, and QBs that had low percentage with great teams around them. I saw one guy say all Allen had was a big arm and poop mechanics. Really?

Social media is not very intelligent, we all know what he can do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

There almost always is a QB who slides....usually due to a bad Combine or Pro Day.

I can't really see that being Josh.....unless he has accuracy issues. A lot of the Twitter scouts can't stop talking about his completion percentage. A rough day throwing (especially at the Combine) could change the NFL scouting narrative from "teammates can't catch" to "Allen is inaccurate", which could cause him to drop. Guys have dropped in projections from 1st player taken to almost out of the first round entirely between the Combine and draft night, so it could have a major effect.

That's the only potential red flag I see in him or his game.

As for the draft board, this is an interesting free agency year at QB. No true franchise changers likely, but a lot of safer options. Sometimes teams feel better going safe than for major upside, especially if they've been burned or if a staff may be on the hot seat. There's also coaching changes to factor in, which could either open up or close down potential QB picks in the draft.

There are probably four potential spots for a QB in the Top 10. Most expect Cleveland to take one, the Giants likely will, the Broncos might and the Jets might.

Outside of the Top 10, another handful of possibilities between 11 and 20, and another five possible between 21 and 32. But again, obviously not all of those will draft one. I think he'll end up somewhere between 11 and 32. That's actually great news if you want a better situation for Josh. This first contract is peanuts, what is more important is giving him the best opportunity for a second contract (hopefully as a starter). Those teams usually are found the later you get in the round.

Personally, I would love a situation like Jacksonville or Minnesota, both built on great defenses and ball-control offenses, not forcing the QB to do too much. Arizona, Pittsburgh, LA Chargers would allow him to learn behind a veteran until he's ready, while somewhere like Buffalo, Denver or NY Jets could let him make an immediate impact.

Really, I'll be happy for him no matter where he goes! (except Green Bay, that'd be the equivalent of him transferring to CSewe).
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

carbonpoke wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:08 pm Everybody is bitching about Allen completion percentage. Go look up Farve and McNabb's college stats... Both at Allen's percentage.

They compare Allen to the wrong group, putting him with spread QBs, and QBs that had low percentage with great teams around them. I saw one guy say all Allen had was a big arm and poop mechanics. Really?

Social media is not very intelligent, we all know what he can do.
PERFECT!! Love the Favre comp with the college stats to back it up. I had one guy compare him to Blake Bortles. Like, really?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:19 pm Really, I'll be happy for him no matter where he goes! (except Green Bay, that'd be the equivalent of him transferring to CSewe).
No...

The NFL equivalent of Fort Fart is Cleveland.

Should he end up getting picked by the Browns...his playing career ends right there.

Remember since week 12 of the 2014 season...the Brownies have only won a grand total of four lousy games!!!!!!! They make the Lions from the late 2000s look like juggernaut!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:23 pm
joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:19 pm Really, I'll be happy for him no matter where he goes! (except Green Bay, that'd be the equivalent of him transferring to CSewe).
No...

Should he end up getting picked by the Browns...his playing career ends right there.

Remember since week 12 of the 2014 season...the Brownies have only won a grand total of four lousy games!!!!!!! They make the Lions from the late 2000s look like juggernaut!!!!!
I'm talking about my hatred level. If you don't like CSU comp, how about BYU?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:25 pm
Wyokie wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:23 pm
No...

I'm talking about my hatred level. If you don't like CSU comp, how about BYU?
That'll work. :winky:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I remember posting about this earlier in the year and my stance is the same Browns take Allen and he helps revive a dead team.

It's not what I want to see but I think there is a very likely possibility of it becoming reality.

Browns have the potential to build the rest of the team in this year's draft. They have quality receivers and their offensive line is solid. They get a stand out QB and RB and that team could be very strong in the near future.

carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Some more interesting stuff...

John Elway, Drew Bledsoe, Jeff George, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning... All didn't exactly set any accuracy records. But they have some things in common

I think they all went number one. They are all big. They could throw the leather off the ball. All right about 60%... Give or take.

Even more important, go google super bowl champions wiki. Then review the past... Let's say quarter century... And try and place what type of QB was the winner for each team. Just eye balling it here... But I'd say 90% of the champions are big.

There is a precedence for what front offices won't skip on drafting at #1. For every one Josh Allen, there are 20 Baker Mayfield. Guys that play in the spread and wheel and deal in college. They sling it all over the f-word place... Break some records, then get to the NFL and poop their pants! Why? Because they only have three guys to throw too, in tight coverage with small windows.

Those dumb asses like Albright on Twitter... It's like they have an agenda. And they say it's a fact that low percentage QBs can't succeed... What ever. Look at the history of the past 25 years of Superbowl champs.

The correlation has more to do with size and demeanor than it does with college accuracy. Then they have to look at who is drafting. The front office. Look at their history. What does John Dorsey want? Then want do the Giants want? To replace Eli...

I see a line out the god damn door for Josh.

poop is keeping me up at night. They really think that Mayfield is more NFL ready... Like what... You mean to play next year?

In the words of Samuel l Jackson... Say what mother!?$#?!!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Mayfield = Johnny Manzeil 2.0
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:23 am Mayfield = Johnny Manzeil 2.0
No, you will be wrong on this one.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:05 am
No, he aint wrong. His off the field poop is getting old. Hated the fact he planted the OU flag at the middle of Ohio State's football field. No respect!!!
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:42 am
Wyolie Coyote wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:05 am
No, he aint wrong. His off the field poop is getting old. Hated the fact he planted the OU flag at the middle of Ohio State's football field. No respect!!!
He will be fine and successful in the NFL. He is nothing like Manziel. Glad he planted that flag, F Urban Meyer and THE Ohio State....
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

I hope so hard that he goes to the Broncos. I went over to ramnation and none of those a-holes want him. I want JA to win a super bowl for Denver just to spite those jerks
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:27 am I hope so hard that he goes to the Broncos. I went over to ramnation and none of those a-holes want him. I want JA to win a super bowl for Denver just to spite those jerks
Denver appears to be on its way down. Pat Bowlen is no longer able to keep things in check and Elway seems to have lost his ability to get the right personnel, especially on the offense and the offensive line, in particular. Denver is a bad place to go right now, IMO.
dakarpoke
Buckaroo

Obviously no idea where Allen ends up, but I don't think Cleveland will be as bad a choice as it has been. This is the best time to get on a team like that, absolutely no expectations and time to grow. Teams like the Giants and even the Broncos, fans really just care about playoff and SB wins and if your team isn't a contender, you automatically suck.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Hearing USC QB might be staying.......I wouldn't advise him to but what do I know? Making Allen's chances even higher.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

BJC wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:56 pm Hearing USC QB might be staying.......I wouldn't advise him to but what do I know? Making Allen's chances even higher.
I think I also heard that about UCLA QB too? Maybe I imagined that.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

I think the UCLA QB is coming out as they now have a different offense with Kelly but doubt he would sign with Browns based on what I've heard. Again, all speculation at this point but it would be amazing to have a first overall pick and see the Browns turn around..........