Josh Allen: where does he go?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

For those thinking he slides to day 2... Good luck with that.

I just don't see him sliding past the broncos.

The only situation that I can see is if the browns select something other than a qb, which wouldn't surprise me. However, even if they do, there is still a solid shot Josh goes above darnold and Rosen. Personally, I don't think any of us want to see Allen go anywhere near Cleveland. Giants, Jets, Broncos, Cardinals, New England, Vikings will all ensure that Josh won't slide past their pick.

I'm hoping like hell that Cleveland either trades out, selects darnold, or drafts Barkley from Penn State. Rosen is doing his best to let Cleveland know he is not interested.

Lamar Jackson will not go above the three big name QBs.

Oklahoma is trying it's best to label Mayfield the best, but he has liabilities and limits. He is gritty, but he won't go above the big three. He could end up going to a good team.

Also, tomorrow is going to be nuts with coaching firings. What will the Cardinals do? Bruce is a good QB coach.

My guess is Josh will end up in New York or Denver. Giants, jets, or donkeys. I want Denver, but I can't realistically see him going past the Giants unless some trades happen.

My wish list... I want Josh to win a super bowl. I hate New England, but would love Josh there. My miracle would be a Viking future. Ain't gonna happen I fear.

The Giants and the broncos will get worse before they get better... Which is scary for a QBs health prognosis.

I'm completely blown away with the 49s. I thought they would hold out for Josh. Shocked actually.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I've seen mock drafts with him going as high as #2 and as low as #22. Silly season has yet to begin, so who knows? The Broncos seem like a good bet, but so much changes in March/April.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I just want him to go somewhere where he can succeed. He has a lot of NFL fans claiming he's the by far most overrated QB prospect in years, and it makes me sick reading all the commentary on how he'll be hated by the fans of whoever drafts him. He's proven people wrong before, and I hope he will do so yet again.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:19 pm I just want him to go somewhere where he can succeed. He has a lot of NFL fans claiming he's the by far most overrated QB prospect in years, and it makes me sick reading all the commentary on how he'll be hated by the fans of whoever drafts him. He's proven people wrong before, and I hope he will do so yet again.
Most Broncos fans I’ve seen online do not like the idea of Denver drafting Josh. They criticized John Elway for even attending the Spud Bowl and called him an idiot for doing so. I too hope he can prove them wrong!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

LaradiseCowboy wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:21 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:19 pm I just want him to go somewhere where he can succeed. He has a lot of NFL fans claiming he's the by far most overrated QB prospect in years, and it makes me sick reading all the commentary on how he'll be hated by the fans of whoever drafts him. He's proven people wrong before, and I hope he will do so yet again.
Most Broncos fans I’ve seen online do not like the idea of Denver drafting Josh. They criticized John Elway for even attending the Spud Bowl and called him an idiot for doing so. I too hope he can prove them wrong!
Donko fans need an o-line before they would be good enough for Josh. In fact, that would go for any QB.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Don't QBs go to the combines? That will determine how the teams think he stacks up against the other QBs. I'm thinking the worst: Allen in Cleveland. And with piss poor receivers and a piss poor offensive line he has to work with, he'll wish he stayed in Laramie another year (except he will be rich - comparatively)
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

What I'm hoping for is the Vikings trade Keenum and their first and second picks to the browns for the browns first pick. Browns still pick 4th. Vikings gm is crazy... And good.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

I would say trade Bridgewater, but he won't command any respect
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Just saw an article saying Elway is not going to watch Baker Mayfield in his bowl game, and that he won't make a decision about Vance Joseph until tomorrow. Pretty sure Mayfield is not Elway's guy.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

carbonpoke wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:49 pm Just saw an article saying Elway is not going to watch Baker Mayfield in his bowl game, and that he won't make a decision about Vance Joseph until tomorrow. Pretty sure Mayfield is not Elway's guy.

Honestly think Mayfield is Johnny Manziel 2.0 but the morons down here think he's the son of God! :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

carbonpoke wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:49 pm Just saw an article saying Elway is not going to watch Baker Mayfield in his bowl game, and that he won't make a decision about Vance Joseph until tomorrow. Pretty sure Mayfield is not Elway's guy.
They said they'd watch him at the Senior Bowl rather than his bowl game.. FYI
ImageImageImageImage
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:26 pm
LaradiseCowboy wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:21 pm
Donko fans need an o-line before they would be good enough for Josh. In fact, that would go for any QB.
They're a tackle away from a pretty good oline. Not as bad as people think
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

carbonpoke wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:07 pm What I'm hoping for is the Vikings trade Keenum and their first and second picks to the browns for the browns first pick. Browns still pick 4th. Vikings gm is crazy... And good.
Keenum is an unrestricted free agent after this season.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Crap shoot until free agency is over. Draft position trades could have significant impacts, too. All that and senior bowl, combine, etc.

Waaaay to early to have any idea. In the last 25 years or so, more than 3 QBs going off the board in the first round has been relatively rare. This is a really interesting year. Several decent to good free agents. Several decent to good draft prospects and several teams looking.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

If you haven't read this yet, the linked article does a decent job of outlining the very unusual QB year and why predictions are so tough right now.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2183 ... season-why
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Si Peter king has an article today saying that Allen is gonna be first pick to the browns.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Cleveland gm is John Dorsey. Same guy that scouted Brett Farve, also went after Aaron Rodgers. Don't know if he was involved in drafting mahomes. He likes gunslingers
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Josh will be slinging passes to Rashaad Higgins on the Cleveland Browns next year. I'm going to get my Josh Allen paper bag ready. Hope I’m wrong
Last edited by LanderPoke on Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

What's interesting is that Dorsey and Andy Reid (the QB whisper) have worked together with Farve and all the others. They have a template.

Allen, more than any of the other draftees, is that guy. And it's funny that all the arm chair QB fans always bitch about drafting a mahomes... Until they get proven to be poop.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

carbonpoke wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:58 pm What's interesting is that Dorsey and Andy Reid (the QB whisper) have worked together with Farve and all the others. They have a template.

Allen, more than any of the other draftees, is that guy. And it's funny that all the arm chair QB fans always bitch about drafting a mahomes... Until they get proven to be poop.

It is the same as when Larry Nance Jr. went to the Lakers.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.