2018 Starting QB predictions

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Go...
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

Van der wall
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Somebody new - a JC transfer or current graduate from somewhere - that we don't yet know.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I don't think this staff with start a true freshmen, but Sean Chambers had a big ten offer ( Rutgers), and could be a good one.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Chambers or Vander Wal
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Trey Woods will be converted to QB and Nick Smith to RB
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Knowing Bohl, I’m saying that Nick will be the starter. Coffman came out of fall ball the starter and it seemed obvious when josh came in that he was an upgrade. I say Nick comes out as day 1 starter but it doesn’t last.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Vander waal. No way nick smith starts.! I think trey woods will be converted to another position as well. probably on defense.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:15 pm Knowing Bohl, I’m saying that Nick will be the starter. Coffman came out of fall ball the starter and it seemed obvious when josh came in that he was an upgrade. I say Nick comes out as day 1 starter but it doesn’t last.
I doubt that Nick Smith is the starter when the first game comes in 2018. Smith graduates this spring and I would expect for him to move on, but I am just taking a guess. I would imagine that much of what happens is based upon what happens during spring ball. My take is that Nick Smith has demonstrated that he is a capable back-up but not a QB that is going to be a leader like Josh has been, and even if he stays he will be a back-up, does a graduated student want to be a back-up to a redshirt freshman? Vander Waal has been in the system all year and has been running the scout team and knows the system and has been wearing headphones all season, so he will be ready imo. The coaches might want to be an experienced QB in over the summer based upon what Nick Smith does.

Chambers just might be the back-up next year and not be redshirted.

Trey Woods will not be converted to a QB. The only place that Trey Woods might be moved to would be a defensive position imo. I do believe that Jevon Bigelow is the REAL DEAL. I would expect that Kellen Overstreet will be the other RB that teams up with Bigelow.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I think that there is no named starter after the spring game and that there is a co-number one between Smith and VanderWal. In the Fall Camp Coach Bohl goes with Smith as the number one based as much on experience as talent but that Smith does not hold the starting position and VanderWal shines and never looks back.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
TrackPoke
Ranch Hand

Both ACS and Brett Smith were MWC Freshman of the Year. Would be nice if Vander Waal or Chambers earned the same accolades.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

castlerocker wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:04 am Trey Woods will be converted to QB and Nick Smith to RB
:rofl:
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I would be willing to bet money that if Smith is with the program still he will start the first game. It is absolutely Bohl's style.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

I bet Smith will be the starter. It would be the Bohl-y thing to do. Even if Wanderwall is far and away better Smith will start. It'll take 1/2 way through the season for the offensive coaches to realize this.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Wanderwall? That's a pretty solid nickname. I like van der Waals too.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

Tanner Lee.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

NebraskaCowboy wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:21 am Tanner Lee.
Who?
W-Y, Until I Die!
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:59 am I bet Smith will be the starter. It would be the Bohl-y thing to do. Even if Wanderwall is far and away better Smith will start. It'll take 1/2 way through the season for the offensive coaches to realize this.
Someone on the other board has mentioned that per conversations with some teammates, Nick Smith is not coming back. He has already graduated. I would imagine that after the New Year that there will be a series of releases, i.e. : new Strength & Conditioning coach, the naming of the 10th coach and a list of players that have decided to move on.

I would expect there to be several names on the list of people not returning and Nick Smith will be on it.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Vanderwaal. They thought about pulling his redshirt when Allen went down. He traveled to Fresno. That tells me he is close.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:04 pm
NebraskaCowboy wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:21 am Tanner Lee.
Who?
He was the starter at Nebraska but already has declared for the draft.