Christensen Gets an Official Job

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Dave Christensen is OL coach at ASU.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... -ol-coach/
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Crazy the level he fell to. Guy does know offense.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

You have to wonder what happened to the guy. He has basically bounced around from place to place and I think was an offensive coordinator at Utah one season and that has been the extent of his coordinator positions since leaving Wyoming.

The guy was the Nations best offensive coordinator and considered one of the greatest minds on the offensive side of the ball. How do you go from that to not being able to keep a job for a couple of years.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Just wonder if with new coach Herm Edwards they'll get along? Don't miss him here at all, lol
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:14 am How do you go from that to not being able to keep a job for a couple of years.
The Peter Principal: In every organization, a person rises to his level of incompetence. Head coach was his level.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:14 am You have to wonder what happened to the guy. He has basically bounced around from place to place and I think was an offensive coordinator at Utah one season and that has been the extent of his coordinator positions since leaving Wyoming.

The guy was the Nations best offensive coordinator and considered one of the greatest minds on the offensive side of the ball. How do you go from that to not being able to keep a job for a couple of years.
I think what happened to him, was himself. He is an asshole to everyone...his fellow coaches, players, fans, administrators, etc.

Ebarrassing that the UW staff that hired him, couldn't see his true colors. When I first met him, it took me 2 minutes to figure out what kind of guy he is.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:45 am
pokefanchaz7 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:14 am You have to wonder what happened to the guy. He has basically bounced around from place to place and I think was an offensive coordinator at Utah one season and that has been the extent of his coordinator positions since leaving Wyoming.

I think what happened to him, was himself. He is an asshole to everyone...his fellow coaches, players, fans, administrators, etc.

Ebarrassing that the UW staff that hired him, couldn't see his true colors. When I first met him, it took me 2 minutes to figure out what kind of guy he is.
I'd say he is a pretty good coach, but part of coaching is having some personality and caring for your team and players. He knows the spread well. It is too bad that he is such a jerk.

How the hell did he recruit anyone to Wyoming? I know if he had walked into my house recruiting one of my kids, I'd probably kick him out after a few minutes.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

He was at least somewhat involved in some good things. He made the kid whose mom had just died and was struggling with a terminal disease an honary part of the team. He was also generous with tickets( side passes )to families that were experiencing a personal tradegies.

I appreciated him calling out howdy doody as well.
wyopoke123
Buckaroo

a majority of Christensen's players here at Wyo loved him. The guy knows offense. He'll be an OL coach under Herm - hes trying to find the right fit to elevate to OC. Coordinators and Position coaches bounce around all the time.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Interesting fit.

Herm Edwards comes off as one of the most likeable guys and Christensen the exact opposite.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

wyopoke123 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:18 pm a majority of Christensen's players here at Wyo loved him. The guy knows offense. He'll be an OL coach under Herm - hes trying to find the right fit to elevate to OC. Coordinators and Position coaches bounce around all the time.
At this point I'd welcome Christensen back as OC with open arms! never thought I'd say that
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:48 pm
wyopoke123 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:18 pm a majority of Christensen's players here at Wyo loved him. The guy knows offense. He'll be an OL coach under Herm - hes trying to find the right fit to elevate to OC. Coordinators and Position coaches bounce around all the time.
At this point I'd welcome Christensen back as OC with open arms! never thought I'd say that
Yeah, spread+Bohl=Not in a million years.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:48 pm
Christensen is a spread guy with an ego. Bohl is a pro-style guy that doesn't seem to put up with 'me first' egos very well. No way that would ever work.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I know dozens of players that played for DC at Wyoming and everyone of them say he is a total asshole. I've met him a couple times and I say he is a total asshole. But he was good at recruiting or finding talent. That I'll give him. Head Coach to OL Coach, what a dick.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

cowboyz wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:16 pm
I know dozens of players that played for DC at Wyoming and everyone of them say he is a total asshole. I've met him a couple times and I say he is a total asshole. But he was good at recruiting or finding talent. That I'll give him. Head Coach to OL Coach, what a dick.
Not so much at coaching them up though. Or making in-game adjustments. Or...

Yeah. Makes me wonder how Pinkel and company at Missouri reacted when he left for here.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

I think you may be misinformed a bit. I don't know of ANY players that thought fondly of the son-of-a-bitch. And if he knows offense, my opinion of course, he wouldn't have been unemployed the last 2 years, and been fired from 3 jobs the last 8 years. Either way, he can suck it.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

McPeachy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:27 am
I think you may be misinformed a bit. I don't know of ANY players that thought fondly of the son-of-a-bitch. And if he knows offense, my opinion of course, he wouldn't have been unemployed the last 2 years, and been fired from 3 jobs the last 8 years. Either way, he can suck it.
Didn't Tashaun Gipson refuse to endorse Wyoming while DC was here?
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:18 am
Didn't Tashaun Gipson refuse to endorse Wyoming while DC was here?
Yeah, I think that's why his brother went to NM.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Haaaa! Who needs employment when you were Wyoming's million dollar man! :)

Sorry - couldn't help it. Wish someone would pay me a million dollars a year to be a prick then fire me 4 years later .....
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Totally agree. He has had an average offensive statistical career as a HC and a OC, with a few abnormal years during the Chase Daniel era. Take out those couple Chase years and he falls from the middle of the pack into the bottom half of OCs. I don't see his career bouncing around so much as doing a death spiral. He's back to where he started 27 years ago, an OL coach. He's been lucky and stepped in poop a few times; latching on to Pinkel, Chase showing up, a desperate Wyoming team offering him the top position and even Herm throwing him a bone.

Regarding Tashaun from a previous post, when DC was finally fired, T posted a pic of himself in a Wyoming shirt with the statement that he can wear it again with pride. He's still a big fan of the university and the team. DC, not so much...