Hot Potato Bowl

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wicks
Blog Team
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

New blog, I will say things others won't say. Don't expect to see Josh Allen in the Potato Bowl.

Read here:

https://wyonation.com/2017/12/wyomings- ... -question/
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Spot on.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

I've said from day one he wouldn't be "100%" and would not play. I would not expect Bohl to play him. I mean how much better would Bohl and Wyoming look (especially for recruiting) if Allen goes in the first 5, say, rather than maybe in the second round.

By the way, potatoes are not good for you if you have blood sugar problems - very high glycemic index.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

100% OR BUST, nope not gonna happen, I already saw what I saw during intros of the Fresno St game that showed me all I needed to see unfortunately.....
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Here is where the analysis doesn’t work. If Bohl knows Allen won’t play, i don’t see Bohl giving Allen the practice reps. Bohl coaches to win football games plain and simple.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

If you never intend to suit up why practice with the ones and prevent smith from getting the reps. That’s what wouldn’t make sense to me
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Wicks
Blog Team

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:51 pm Here is where the analysis doesn’t work. If Bohl knows Allen won’t play, i don’t see Bohl giving Allen the practice reps. Bohl coaches to win football games plain and simple.
Sure this is a valid point but practice isn't open to anyone. They claim he is practicing with the ones. How do we know he is? Not to get all conspiracy theory on you. :lol:
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wicks wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:36 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:51 pm Here is where the analysis doesn’t work. If Bohl knows Allen won’t play, i don’t see Bohl giving Allen the practice reps. Bohl coaches to win football games plain and simple.
Sure this is a valid point but practice isn't open to anyone. They claim he is practicing with the ones. How do we know he is? Not to get all conspiracy theory on you. :lol:
Does Bohl seem like the type of coach to play mind games with the public?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wicks
Blog Team

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:41 pm
They are already playing games with the 100% stuff.

If he is going to play, why not announce it now while you can still sell some bowl tickets?
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:51 pm If Bohl knows Allen won’t play, i don’t see Bohl giving Allen the practice reps.
To confuse Central Michigan. Keep them guessing. Make them prepare for Allen
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict

Wicks wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:49 pm If he is going to play, why not announce it now while you can still sell some bowl tickets?
Wyoming's pay, I believe, is independent of the attendance. And Bohl's is only dependent on the outcome. So keep Central Michigan guessing.
Wicks
Blog Team

Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:22 pm
Wicks wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:49 pm If he is going to play, why not announce it now while you can still sell some bowl tickets?
Wyoming's pay, I believe, is independent of the attendance. And Bohl's is only dependent on the outcome. So keep Central Michigan guessing.
There is a ticket guarantee. We must sell 2,500 and if we sell less it comes out of our cut.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:19 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:51 pm If Bohl knows Allen won’t play, i don’t see Bohl giving Allen the practice reps.
To confuse Central Michigan. Keep them guessing. Make them prepare for Allen
That doesn't make sense. You prepare for Allen. If he doesn't play, you don't need to prepare. It is what it is.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

I think Josh plays. Third act of this movie is coming up.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:41 pm
All coaches do, it's all about the bottom line just like any other business, unfortunately
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I choose to give people the benefit of the doubt and believe what they say until you've given me a reason not to. Coach point blank said Josh is not the type of guy who would sit out a game for the NFL and if he is healthy he will play. I agree with the assessment of josh, he is a competitor and if he feels he can play he will. I can take the disappointment if he doesn't.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

All I hear from Josh Allen himself in interviews and Craig Bohl in interviews is that the odds seem greater that he plays then not. Sounds like he is making all the throws he can and what it really sounds like is the mental side of the injury that he needs to adjust to more then the physical. I still stand by my guess that he plays and will be disappointed if he does not. I'll still be cheering on the pokes from my home regardless but feel much better about our odds of winning with him under center.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Give one last hurrah to your alma mater that all I wanna see, the NFL will be good to you for many years to come!!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

If Josh doesn't play, feels like this game might be Smith's last audition at QB. If he struggles to move the offense, Bohl might favor Vander Waal come fall.