1735 Tickets sold to WYO Fans ??????????

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
KeepitrealWyo
Buckaroo

How can we call ourselves a Football School when Gagliardi reports UW sold 1735 tickets to a BOWL game.
He went on to state that 2,500 is the Goal. I realize it is in Boise but this is embarrassing. Tracy Ringolsby must be eating CROW as this underlies that we are a Basketball school at best and deserve the Football program budget to be looked at. Coach Bohl will bring us to the promise land ??? We spend $ 44 Million on a facility for what?? To Sell under 3,000 tickets to a Bowl Game. Oh but it is around Christmas time and the weather is Cold. All Bowls are in the same season. You nutjobs expect people to believe that if we were playing in Arizona we would sell 15,000 tickets ?? Josh Allen is 90% healthy and taking all the first team reps- No excuse there. I will be there the rest of you have more excuses than Carter has pills.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

You reap what you sow when your last game was a loss to San f-word Jose State. We loss to the worst team in the country, and anyone expects fan enthusiasm to go play on the smurf turf? With or without JA playing that is the poop loss in school history ( ties with Dakota & cal poly). The coaching staff can own these poop ticket numbers for poop the bed on what should have been win number 8.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

uhh, the high temp in Boise on game day is 30 degrees. We've already played there once this year. Most fans probably don't even know the nickname of the team were playing. Frankly, I'm surprised we've sold that many.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

1. Just to drive to the game it would take me 24 hours of driving round trip. This is assuming good roads as well as no construction or delays. This is a huge commitment especially given point number two.

2. The bowl game is scheduled for the friday before christmas. Yes all the bowl games are during this time of year but some are after christmas and some are this week which don't run right up against the holidays for people with family. If I drive to this game I have to leave on thursday return on saturday and barely make it home for christmas eve... again assuming the weather even permits travel across the state during that weekend.

3. The Cowboys finished the season in abysmal fashion and as Marcus commented this is the ultimate buzzkill. If we finished the season with wins against Fresno and San Jose and Josh Allen was healthy this would be a slam dunk but given that we finished so abysmally without our start player being guarenteed to play, I am staying home and watching on television. The amount of money necessary to invest in a trip like this is not worth it for an inferior product and without Josh that is just what we have.

4. This one is included with the point that discussed the weather as part of the equation. There is no promise that you will be able to fly or drive to the game. Boise is a terrible bowl destination, the field hurts to look at, the roads could be closed and cause me to miss the game completly and be out all the money for hotels and tickets to the game, and I could get snowed into boise and not make it home for christmas.

say it with me "THIS BOWL DESTINATION AND TIME SUCK"
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

marcuswyo wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:43 pm You reap what you sow when your last game was a loss to San f-word Jose State. We loss to the worst team in the country, and anyone expects fan enthusiasm to go play on the smurf turf? With or without JA playing that is the poop loss in school history ( ties with Dakota & cal poly). The coaching staff can own these poop ticket numbers for poop the bed on what should have been win number 8.
I've been to Boise far many more times than I want to remember in the winter, and going to a bowl there has zero appeal to me. Like Marcus said, losing to SJSU was the cherry on top of a poop finish and I simply will not spend that much cash to travel to Boise to freeze my ass off watching Nick Smith stink up the joint. Sorry if that makes me a bad fan, but I've paid my dues over the past 50+ years and I am not going to go to Boise to have my eyes assaulted by that horrible blue junior high turf. :!:
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:49 pm 1. Just to drive to the game it would take me 24 hours of driving round trip. This is assuming good roads as well as no construction or delays. This is a huge commitment especially given point number two.

2. The bowl game is scheduled for the friday before christmas. Yes all the bowl games are during this time of year but some are after christmas and some are this week which don't run right up against the holidays for people with family. If I drive to this game I have to leave on thursday return on saturday and barely make it home for christmas eve... again assuming the weather even permits travel across the state during that weekend.

3. The Cowboys finished the season in abysmal fashion and as Marcus commented this is the ultimate buzzkill. If we finished the season with wins against Fresno and San Jose and Josh Allen was healthy this would be a slam dunk but given that we finished so abysmally without our start player being guarenteed to play, I am staying home and watching on television. The amount of money necessary to invest in a trip like this is not worth it for an inferior product and without Josh that is just what we have.

4. This one is included with the point that discussed the weather as part of the equation. There is no promise that you will be able to fly or drive to the game. Boise is a terrible bowl destination, the field hurts to look at, the roads could be closed and cause me to miss the game completly and be out all the money for hotels and tickets to the game, and I could get snowed into boise and not make it home for christmas.

say it with me "THIS BOWL DESTINATION AND TIME SUCK"
Addressing point #3: We wouldn't be playing in Boise if we would have won against Fresno and SJSU....and I would be at that game.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

I would tend to believe a lot of those 1700 tickets sold have been bought by donors and donated back (big brothers big sisters). No MWC team travels well to Boise for the Potato Bowl.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

It will be interesting to compare the attendance to the AFA vs. Western Michigan game in 2014.

Both MWC teams are from similar locations. The opponents are directional Michigan schools. Both have to get to the same crappy location at a crappy time.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

Anyone know how many tickets Central Michigan has sold?
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

How many "football schools" have gone 41-58 this decade?
How many "basketball schools" have gone to 1 tournament and are 51-83 in conference over that time?
f-word outta here Dino
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

This is about 10x what CSU sold last year
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

CSU sold 455 tickets to the same bowl game last season. I really don't know how this bowl game is still being played.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

KeepitrealWyo wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:49 pm How can we call ourselves a Football School when Gagliardi reports UW sold 1735 tickets to a BOWL game.
He went on to state that 2,500 is the Goal. I realize it is in Boise but this is embarrassing. Tracy Ringolsby must be eating CROW as this underlies that we are a Basketball school at best and deserve the Football program budget to be looked at. Coach Bohl will bring us to the promise land ??? We spend $ 44 Million on a facility for what?? To Sell under 3,000 tickets to a Bowl Game. Oh but it is around Christmas time and the weather is Cold. All Bowls are in the same season. You nutjobs expect people to believe that if we were playing in Arizona we would sell 15,000 tickets ?? Josh Allen is 90% healthy and taking all the first team reps- No excuse there. I will be there the rest of you have more excuses than Carter has pills.
You are dumb. It's a wonder that we've sold this many. On this date and this location. That's amazing and we deserve a cookie
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:20 pm CSU sold 455 tickets to the same bowl game last season. I really don't know how this bowl game is still being played.
To me, it's a no-brainer to keep the bowl game but move it to San Diego. The MWC can't afford to lose another bowl game and San Diego is the perfect location now that the Poinsettia Bowl has folded. Heck, keep the bowl game and move it to Las Vegas now that Vegas will have an NFL stadium (I see no problem with 2 different Las Vegas bowls with MWC tie-ins).
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:33 pm
pokefanchaz7 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:20 pm CSU sold 455 tickets to the same bowl game last season. I really don't know how this bowl game is still being played.
To me, it's a no-brainer to keep the bowl game but move it to San Diego. The MWC can't afford to lose another bowl game and San Diego is the perfect location now that the Poinsettia Bowl has folded. Heck, keep the bowl game and move it to Las Vegas now that Vegas will have an NFL stadium (I see no problem with 2 different Las Vegas bowls with MWC tie-ins).
I don't even know if you need to play it in San Diego. Could you play it in Aneheim? Or what about a San Jose Bowl game? I think that warmer weather bowls obviously are paramount in importance for traveling to games but my point is that Boise is among the worst bowl destinations of all the destinations so you would think they would be able to find a better location somewhere and I mean almost anywhere.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:17 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:33 pm
I don't even know if you need to play it in San Diego. Could you play it in Aneheim and have it sponsored by disney? Or what about a San Jose Bowl game? I think that warmer weather bowls obviously are paramount in importance for traveling to games but my point is that Boise is among the worst bowl destinations of all the destinations so you would think they would be able to find a better location somewhere and I mean almost anywhere.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

My guess as to why there's a bowl game in Boise...

1) slow time of the year for tourism (well, duh? - :roll: ) and a good place to go skiing.

2) ESPN just loves that GODDAMNED blue field!!! :tickedoff:

Appease ESPN and the world is your oyster!!!!! :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:52 pm My guess as to why there's a bowl game in Boise...

1) slow time of the year for tourism (well, duh? - :roll: ) and a good place to go skiing.

Per Wikipedia:

The Humanitarian Bowl was launched in part to give the Big West Conference a bowl to send its champion to; after the 1996 season, the Big West lost its automatic tie in with the Las Vegas Bowl, where its champion met the Mid-American Conference champion. From 1997 to 1999, the opponent was a team from Conference USA, while in 2000 the Western Athletic Conference sent a representative. The Big West stopped sponsoring football after the 2000 season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famous_Idaho_Potato_Bowl

The WAC inherited it from the Big West and the MWC inherited it from the WAC.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:06 pm
Wyokie wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:52 pm My guess as to why there's a bowl game in Boise...

Per Wikipedia:

The Humanitarian Bowl was launched in part to give the Big West Conference a bowl to send its champion to; after the 1996 season, the Big West lost its automatic tie in with the Las Vegas Bowl, where its champion met the Mid-American Conference champion. From 1997 to 1999, the opponent was a team from Conference USA, while in 2000 the Western Athletic Conference sent a representative. The Big West stopped sponsoring football after the 2000 season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famous_Idaho_Potato_Bowl

The WAC inherited it from the Big West and the MWC inherited it from the WAC.
Let’s put this baby to bed then. I don’t particularly care where the bowl ends up but everyone involved including boise has to see its run it’s course and dollars could be better spent elsewhere
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

2pm is a saving grace here, could you imagine a game on the blue turf at 7pm, I woulda loved to have "tried" to make the trek but my last day here in Cheyenne is on Friday and the move starts next week so my finances are tied up(fortunately or unfortunately, however you look at it) for that....I think we will probably finish with around 2100 with donations etc, but being in a non warm location and around the Christmas season is truly the issue we're seeing. Sure hope we come closer to what we need, wish they'd keep us updated on this. Go POKES