Taven Bryan Declares Early

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
castlerocker
Cowpoke

So???
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

who?
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

I forgot everyone disowns Wyoming high schoolers who don't stay in state. Mods please move this to "prep sports" I guess.

I just thought it was noteworthy that a Casper kid succeeded in the SEC and will most likely be a first round pick.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

303cowboy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:47 pm I forgot everyone disowns Wyoming high schoolers who don't stay in state. Mods please move this to "prep sports" I guess.

I just thought it was noteworthy that a Casper kid succeeded in the SEC and will most likely be a first round pick.
It's very noteworthy (and actually has been discussed in other topics recently). Bryan has been projected as high as #10 overall, that is incredible for a Wyoming native! I believe he could end up being the highest drafted Wyoming native of all-time.

It's silly that anyone would have hard feelings that he chose to attend an SEC school over Wyoming. He clearly was planning for an NFL future and that is almost a reality.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Good for him. Sounds like a monster.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:55 pm
303cowboy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:47 pm I forgot everyone disowns Wyoming high schoolers who don't stay in state. Mods please move this to "prep sports" I guess.

It's very noteworthy (and actually has been discussed in other topics recently). Bryan has been projected as high as #10 overall, that is incredible for a Wyoming native! I believe he could end up being the highest drafted Wyoming native of all-time.

It's silly that anyone would have hard feelings that he chose to attend an SEC school over Wyoming. He clearly was planning for an NFL future and that is almost a reality.
It's been proven time and time again that you can achieve all your goals at the University of Wyoming. Sorry if I don't care that he chose to go to some SEC school that I don't give a crap about.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

https://twitter.com/tavenbryan93/status ... 5058384896
ImageImageImageImage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:36 pm
It's been proven time and time again that you can achieve all your goals at the University of Wyoming. Sorry if I don't care that he chose to go to some SEC school that I don't give a crap about.
Certainly; however, the path is more straight forward to the NFL at an SEC school (that's the bias and that is how the draft has operated over the past 15 years or so). It's not debatable that the odds of getting drafted (and drafted high) are typically better at an SEC school than Wyoming. Bryan is a beast and would have been drafted wherever he went (but maybe not 1st round as a Junior).

I will always root for the Wyoming guy wherever he goes...unless the Wyoming guy chooses a peer or conference foe over Wyoming (i.e. BYU).
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

What's been proven to whom? If you went to Wyo and met your goals good for you. But don't pretend you know anything about anyone else's goals. Idiotic statement.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

onePokeovertheline wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:47 pm

What's been proven to whom? If you went to Wyo and met your goals good for you. But don't pretend you know anything about anyone else's goals. Idiotic statement.
lol.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

It is possible to be a UW fan and not a fan of every player from Wyo playing on other teams.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

kdwrightuwyo wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:48 pm It is possible to be a UW fan and not a fan of every player from Wyo playing on other teams.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
yes. If you don't attend UW then I don't care about you. If Tavin's goal was to be drafted in the first round he could have done that here - Josh Allen is about to prove so.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

That's awesome for him, his family, friends and fans of whichever Casper high school he attended, but yeah, I'd totally forgotten he existed.

But we shouldn't blame him for not attending UW. Anyone have a count of how many players chose Wyoming over an offer from a SEC, B1G or PAC school? And it's not like it's a Wyoming kid choosing freakin BYU.
52-56
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

You get much better media attention playing in the SEC then in the MWC. That being said Josh Allen is showing that it's possible to get attention from the NFL and First round buzz while playing in Wyoming. I do wish him all the luck in the world though.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

I don’t blame Taven, I blame the coaches at Wyoming that dropped the ball on an incredible in-State player.

That said, he’s no “WyomingWildman” in my book.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Let's not forget his recruiting class was the one right after Christensen was fired and Bohl coached out the season at NDSU. So if anyone is actually critical of him for choosing an SEC team over what at the time was a mess in Laramie maybe you should reconsider.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

That's pretty cool, didn't know the kid, but good for him.

A grown man showing resentment over an 18 year old and his family making a decision that they felt was best for the young man's future merely because he didn't go to his favorite team is actually pretty embarrassing.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

Plus has any of you considered the fact UW didn't have the major he wanted to go into. No idea what his major was but still...
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Can't say I saw him play, but his stats don't seem to say 1st rounder. I wish him well anyway.