Recruiting Running Backs...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

I don't see that we have any RB recruits committed. I thought that the pokes would be recruiting some hard.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

I really liked the kid we are redshirting this year from Illinois. His film was really impressive.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:50 am I don't see that we have any RB recruits committed. I thought that the pokes would be recruiting some hard.
We've offered 3 currently uncommitted 3-star RBs, the top of those being Jeremy Banks (who's close to being rated 4 stars). The others are Lawrence Johnson and Chuck Wick. We've also offered 2-star back Jevon Bigelow.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

dapokes wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:41 am I really liked the kid we are redshirting this year from Illinois. His film was really impressive.
Xzavian Valladay? I liked his film, too. I kept waiting for the week when we broke him out of the glass case. Nope. Rolled with Try Woods all dang year.
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

Hopefully there will be a better power run game next year. Looks like we have 3 interior offensive lineman committed and 2 offers still out there. Over time there would probably need to be 3-5 new recruits each year, so we may be done for this year.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

Overstreet is a good back and will continue to get better. I’m not sold that we need a freshman rb next year. Hell, milo is probably solid. I think they struggled about as much as the O line did to run block. Not a good combo
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

laxwyo wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:15 pm Overstreet is a good back and will continue to get better. I’m not sold that we need a freshman rb next year. Hell, milo is probably solid. I think they struggled about as much as the O line did to run block. Not a good combo
Agreed. I liked what I saw from Overstreet, at least in the second half of the season. If Hall can be a good back up, we'll be set.

Shift Woods over to WR, though. He has good speed, size, and hands, but is NOT a RB.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Woods could go to TE maybe? He definately has good catching ability.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Super stoked for Theo Dawson. He should be on campus next season and looked legit in his tape. I think we’ll be ok moving forward. And I love the idea of Woods to TE. He could be a matchup nightmare
wyoair
Ranch Hand

I'm excited for Theo as well. I'm hoping Mike Green can add something since he was a top 50 recruit in California. I think he can add a steady power run game as well.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Looks like we just took one: Jevon Bigelow. See recruiting thread
wyoair
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:08 pm Looks like we just took one: Jevon Bigelow. See recruiting thread
Just saw that. Posted some highlights.