Central Michigan Team Preview

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

https://wyonation.com/2017/12/central-m ... m-preview/

Quick preview on the Central Michigan Chippewas.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

Good review...except we do have a history with CMU...Both previous games was during the Keonning Horror

2000 vs. Central Michigan 31-10 win which was our ONLY win that year.
2002 @ Central Michigan 32-20 loss

Any questions?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Chippewas it's a funny sounding word, LOL
george14
Buckaroo

Just a correction, CMU plays in the MAC West which is definitely the stronger of the two. The author mixed up the two divisions.

Impact players:
Offense
Jonathan Ward RB - He will rush for 1,000 yards this season and has 350 receiving yards. He is dynamic and we should have used him more this season in a few games.
Corey Willis WR - He missed 4 games due to injury but take a look at his numbers from this year and last. He is also dynamic and is a big play receiver. Just passed Antonio Brown for #3 all time in receiving TDs.
Tyler Conklin TE - Invited to the Senior Bowl, he also missed 5 games due to injury this year. He is the conferences best TE and always makes big plays.
Defense
Joe Ostman DE - He was 2nd or 3rd in the nation in sacks, while missing a couple games. He is a beast and was invited to the Shrine Game.
Amari Coleman DB - Our best player in the secondary, he's been 1st team All-MAC a few years. Our secondary accounted for 17 of our 19 INTs. They can be beat, but they are ball hawks.

I don't think we are some great team by any means, but we are a good team. Early in the season we were missing our top 2 offensive plays (Conklin and Willis) for 5 games. The loss to BC and Miami (OH) could have been wins, however there are no consolation prizes and we lost. Injuries happen. The team you see now on the 5 game win streak is the team we really are, since we are healthy. I think your defense vs. our offense is an interesting matchup. You guys have a great defense it appears. Especially considering your offense has been poor, that means the defense is probably better than the numbers indicate.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

We would have a tough time with this CMU team under any circumstances. They are a good team. If JA plays I'll give us the slight edge, but if JA doesn't play CMU are the definite favorite.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

I haven't checked lately but I think early lines were a pick em. I figured CMU would open at -3.5 or better.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:27 pm I haven't checked lately but I think early lines were a pick em. I figured CMU would open at -3.5 or better.
I’ll take the pickem and wash my tears with wads of money
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:06 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:27 pm I haven't checked lately but I think early lines were a pick em. I figured CMU would open at -3.5 or better.
I’ll take the pickem and wash my tears with wads of money
I was thinking the same. That or the under although I haven't looked at the o/u yet.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.