Reasons why I think Josh Plays in this game if healthy

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Per this article, it looks like he has a policy that would pay up to $5 million if he gets hurt but still declares for the draft. Basically a compensation for any lost value due to the result of the injury.

If he were to get a career ending injury, he could collect up to $10 million. A lot of money, sure, but as others have said, not nearly as much as he would make being a Top 10 pick.

Allen Insurance Policy
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

as long as he spends it wisely.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
wyoav211933
Ranch Hand

If he really isn't fully healthy, then sure I understand not playing, but if you are looking to play in the NFL but don't want to play in a bowl game because you might get hurt is both cowardly and selfish in my honest opinion. Come on, do NFL players whose teams are out of the playoffs hunt just sitting out games because they might get hurt? I know Josh is in a unique situation and I fully support him heading to the draft next year if he wants, but when he decided to stay with the program and team like this year, then he ought to act like part of a team for the duration of this season.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

wyoav211933 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:59 am If he really isn't fully healthy, then sure I understand not playing, but if you are looking to play in the NFL but don't want to play in a bowl game because you might get hurt is both cowardly and selfish in my honest opinion. Come on, do NFL players whose teams are out of the playoffs hunt just sitting out games because they might get hurt? I know Josh is in a unique situation and I fully support him heading to the draft next year if he wants, but when he decided to stay with the program and team like this year, then he ought to act like part of a team for the duration of this season.
NFL players are paid to play. I kind of get the not playing in a meaningless game concept. A better analogy is the Pro-Bowl and NFL players frequently turn that down. Those that do play, basically show up and run around. Almost like flag football with pads and instead of flags, you fall down if someone touches you.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
wyoav211933
Ranch Hand

I don't know that this game is any more meaningless than any other Wyoming game. It's not like any of our games have CFB playoff implications. Besides I don't think it is really comparable to the Pro Bowl. None of those players sign contracts to the NFC or AFC pro bowl teams. Now sure, maybe you could argue that an education isn't fair compensation for these players and obviously there is far more money that he can be made in the NFL, but he did make a commitment to the program this year and a man should keep his word. But maybe I am just too old fashioned. If I were a potential future coach or teammate of his and I saw that he just took himself out of playing when he is healthy enough and when the team needs him, I don't know that I would trust him.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Once we were out of conference championship contention I don't blame him for not playing. 25 plus million is reaching generational changing income. The glory of a potato bowl isn't worth it.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Insurance could def help but...........when talking about millions.....lets be real. I wouldn't fault him either way. Although.....def would be nice knowing no matter what...you get at least 5 million :cool: I just wish he had the weapons to shine this year.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

marcuswyo wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:45 pm Once we were out of conference championship contention I don't blame him for not playing. 25 plus million is reaching generational changing income. The glory of a potato bowl isn't worth it.
“Reaching”? If you live like a sane person, 3 million should be generational if you invest well and work some type of job.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I am saying generational in that 25 mill. after a safe withdrawal rate of 4% is one million. A million a year changes grand parents, parents, siblings, and children's socioeconomic status. 3 million obviously has no where near the same impact (plenty of people make 120k a year).
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

marcuswyo wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:13 pm I am saying generational in that 25 mill. after a safe withdrawal rate of 4% is one million. A million a year changes grand parents, parents, siblings, and children's socioeconomic status. 3 million obviously has no where near the same impact (plenty of people make 120k a year).
The take home on $25 Million is actually much less due to ‘high earner’ Income taxes (variable dependent on team and player schedule).
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:40 pm
McPeachy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:50 pm LOL! Hilarious thread.

Hey Josh, one hit, and it could cost you $100 million. Still want to play? Didn't think so.
Could say that once he gets to the NFL too. Guess he better just retire now before he even gets into the league....

Not sure where you're getting $100 million from either.
Of course you could say that once he is in the NFL - that is ridiculous to point out, anyone that has ever watched football knows that. But doesn't that come after you sign a big guaranteed contract, along with an even larger insurance policy against LTD / Injury? Yes, yes it does.

I pulled $100 million out of my ass. Just like you pulled the "better just retire now" poop out of yours. It is my guess that if he is drafted in the top 10 (likely) and his career proceeds as we all expect, that he could gross $100 million for his career. Could. Maybe $50 million. Maybe $25 million. Who cares, it is more than you and I will ever make...which is my point. Semantics.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

McPeachy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:19 amWho cares, it is more than you and I will ever make...which is my point. Semantics.
Hate to be that guy, but... (who am I kidding, I love being the asshole who points out dumb details)

Alright, chances are most of us will never make that kind of money. That said, there's some CRAZY money moving in non-traditional circles right now. My former sysadmin sold over 1,000 BTC (I don't know how many he has, just that it's over 1k and less than 10k) last Wednesday at $11,300 and then bought back in less than an hour later at $9,400. Not sure what he did this week as BTC spiked to > $16,000 for a little bit.

Incidentally, he randomly bought a new Tesla last weekend, just because.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:48 am
McPeachy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:19 amWho cares, it is more than you and I will ever make...which is my point. Semantics.
Hate to be that guy, but... (who am I kidding, I love being the asshole who points out dumb details)

Alright, chances are most of us will never make that kind of money. That said, there's some CRAZY money moving in non-traditional circles right now. My former sysadmin sold over 1,000 BTC (I don't know how many he has, just that it's over 1k and less than 10k) last Wednesday at $11,300 and then bought back in less than an hour later at $9,400. Not sure what he did this week as BTC spiked to > $16,000 for a little bit.

Replace BTC with "Telecom Stock" and you have the tech bubble all over again.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times

Lost Poke wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:59 am
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:48 am

Replace BTC with "Telecom Stock" and you have the tech bubble all over again.
Ya, except BTC is like money laundering. Gonna be some poop come down at some point.

/thread derail
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:31 am Ya, except BTC is like money laundering. Gonna be some poop come down at some point.
/thread derail
Kind of, yeah. Though when you convert it back to dollars in large amounts, you're definitely adding it to your tax liability somehow. My former co-worker mined his bitcoin back when it was worth almost nothing, so I'm assuming he has to pay taxes on almost every single dollar he makes from it whenever he turns any of it into dollars. He's definitely doing it by the letter of the law too, as he wants to keep his security clearance for the job he does just for fun these days.

Anyway... Josh is probably not gonna get paid in BTC.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I’m waiting for the warrants to be issued for bitcoin people. Daddy doesn’t like it when there’s another player in the money market
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:19 pm I’m waiting for the warrants to be issued for bitcoin people. Daddy doesn’t like it when there’s another player in the money market
As long as people properly tax their income, there won't be warrants in the U.S. at least. The IRS has already deemed it taxable property.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

If he plays I can't see him playing the whole game, just my opinion for what that's worth, this is not going to be a show up and win game, we have to play well to beat these Chippys
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Anyone need more than just the man's word?

Josh Allen aiming to play in Famous Idaho Potato Bowl if throwing shoulder is healthy http://es.pn/2jyjSOu
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

whyoh wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:38 am Anyone need more than just the man's word?

Josh Allen aiming to play in Famous Idaho Potato Bowl if throwing shoulder is healthy http://es.pn/2jyjSOu
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Wiggle, wiggle. He claims pain still so I am guessing we don't see him play.