Reasons why I think Josh Plays in this game if healthy

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I will give three concrete reasons why I believe he plays assuming his shoulder is no longer injured.

1. Josh Allen still has plenty to try and prove: Josh has not had one game that was a signature game this season. He had plenty last year and we know that the CSU win is one we will all remember for a very long time, that being said this is one last chance to get a signature win from a statistical standpoint going into the combine. He has earned (partially on his own accord and partially due to lack of play makers around him) but earned a healthy amount of criticism and he only has one more game to try and quiet some of them.

2. Josh Allen didn't come back just for the sake of coming back. This University is important to him and he wants to make us proud and the University proud due to the fact that this University is only one of two that would believe in him enough to give him a real shot. I don't think getting injured is the last game is how he wants to be remembered. He wants a bowl win and wants to go out a winner at Wyoming.

3. Ultimately I think that the memory of the bowl game last year still sits in his craw and hates that he was responsible for us losing the game against BYU with that terrible pass late in the 4th quarter when we were practically in field goal range. I think that competitive nature and need to win for him and his teammates will bring him to this game. H remembers the struggles the program went through and sees this as a way to go out the right way.

I can see the reasons for not playing. There is alot of money on the line and I get that, but at this point if the scouts still want him after this subpar season and still believe he is the real deal then it wouldn't matter if he played or not as if it's not this year he gets the money then it would be next year.

I don't know of if he plays or not but assuming his shoulder is ready, I expect to see him out there and take him at his word. I think he wants to play and will play if he can.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I agree. He will play if he can.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Ummm

Horse's mouth

https://youtu.be/fS6e5NqGzV0

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Be nice if Josh played up to his potential, and this offense responded with a qualty performance. Man, so many things could have turned out differently this year. This off season Bohl needs to find some answers on Offense. It is inconceivable for him to bring the same O coordinator and power game with the personnel this team appears to have in the gates. Realistically, we should expect to compete for Championship, that should be the expectation. I know its what I expect in year 5. Go Pokes.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

I don't think he will play, and I do not blame him.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:45 pm I don't think he will play, and I do not blame him.
I agree. He won't be "healthy" yet.
KeepitrealWyo
Buckaroo

Besides having Vigen calling Dumb Ass plays

I can think of 50 million reasons why he shouldn't play

We need to move on (Like the Giants) and find out what we have in the Barn.
Play Nick Smith one half then give someone else a shot.
Nobody will be pissed if we go down and find something new for next year.

From the Horses mouth - He also stated he needs to sit down with the family and decide to go to the NFL

SURE SOUNDS LIKE A POLITICIAN ON ALL FRONTS
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

WyoVaquero wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:45 pm I don't think he will play, and I do not blame him.
I don't blame any player getting ready to enter the NFL for not playing in a bowl game such as this bowl game. There are millions of dollars at stake for this young man.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

I don’t think anyone is or would blame josh for not playing. We only want to know if he is.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Hope he plays for sure. I want to see him in the B&G one more time, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

KeepitrealWyo wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:14 pm Besides having Vigen calling Dumb Ass plays

From the Horses mouth - He also stated he needs to sit down with the family and decide to go to the NFL

I agree I can understand fully why someone may not play in a situation like this. However it is still the exception and not the norm for nfl bound players to sit out of bowl games. I also take him at his word that he has not made a definitive decision regarding his future. I am sure if forced to answer he would go to the NFL that being said, it shows a lot of wisdom to thoughtfully take your time regarding your future. I think we all know what he likely will do but good for him on thinking it through before he officially declares. If he was a puppet for the University as many seem to believe he would say definitively that this is his last season and that this will be fans last chance to see him play so come out to Idaho to see me. He isn't saying that.

I also hope that we don't use this bowl game as a qb experiment for next year as the two likely qb candidates are either red shirting or not on campus yet. I don't think Smith is the answer next season, and I don't think any of our backups are the answer either and would hate watching a qb tryout in the bowl game with pieces that are not good options.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

NOT being a 1st round draft pick and even being in top 10, maybe top 5, just wish we coulda saw his true colors for a full 3/4 years, all these injuries etc, I kept holding my breath saying, "this is gonna be the game he truly shines" I saw bits and pieces but never truly the whole enchilada like we all truly wanted to see. I wish he'd play the 1st Half and then let Nick and the future of the Wyoming Cowboys start from there. that'd be fair, but I saw Josh live at the Air Force game Nov. 11, 2017 for the last time...thanx for everything and come to the Arizona Cardinals

Brian Hill shoulda took note from last year and stayed, imagine how this year woulda went
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

KeepitrealWyo wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:14 pm Besides having Vigen calling Dumb Ass plays

Has a QB sat a bowl game due to the draft. Ive seen RB's do it and some defensive players that take more of a beating and have higher risk of injury but I can't remember a QB deciding to sit out if healthy. NOw if he runs a higher risk or reinjury because it isn't fully healed I can see him sitting out but otherwise I expect him to play.
We can't give Smith a half and another QB another half. Smith is the only other QB on the roster that isn't redshirting.(Well I guess the holder that is a walkon is a QB but he will not be in the running to start next year.)
GOWYO
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I'm gonna call out Brian Hill equally for that loss to BYU. He got himself benched and we stumbled out of the gate. Yes, the interception was bad. So was Hill's judgement. I'll say it now, I've said it before: I'm a Wyoming fan, not a Josh Allen or Brian Hill fan. I want what's best for this team. To wit: Neither of them should (or should have) left early for the draft. And Josh Allen should play in the bowl game. I know my view is unrealistic, but I'm a fan, not an analyst.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

LOL! Hilarious thread.

Hey Josh, one hit, and it could cost you $100 million. Still want to play? Didn't think so.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

The Man is insured. It’s not like he trades riches for rags in catastrophic situations. The same argument for playing at all could be applied to coming back this season. He came back to play one more year is it more crazy to play in a bowl game? The man is going to get paid if not this year then next.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

ME TOO: A WYOMING FAN, not a one person fan of the Pokes!!! Hope the Pokes can beat the Chippys
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:50 pm LOL! Hilarious thread.

Hey Josh, one hit, and it could cost you $100 million. Still want to play? Didn't think so.
Could say that once he gets to the NFL too. Guess he better just retire now before he even gets into the league....

Not sure where you're getting $100 million from either.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

What did Mitch Trubisky get in guaranteed money? 28 million? 18 million signing bonus? He's not going to play. Will his insurance policy cover that if he gets hurt? I doubt it. 10 Million is life changing money and he is going to triple that in guaranteed money just by signing.

Patrick Mahomes got 16 mill guaranteed.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

marcuswyo wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:59 pm What did Mitch Trubisky get in guaranteed money? 28 million? 18 million signing bonus? He's not going to play. Will his insurance policy cover that if he gets hurt? I doubt it. 10 Million is life changing money and he is going to triple that in guaranteed money just by signing.
$19 million signing bonus. $29 million total.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo