POLL: IF you decide not to go to Boise, why?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!

I won't go Boise primarily because (select up to 2 reasons):

Poll ended at Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:15 pm

Boise is too cold in December
20%
I can't get the time off
13%
It's not a "good enough" bowl
5%
I can't be sure Josh Allen will play
18%
The team isn't performing well enough late in the season
5%
It's too close to Christmas
11%
It's too expensive
18%
Boise's stadium sucks
10%

Total votes: 61
GOWYO
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

This poll ends Dec. 17, so once (if) you make up your mind not to go, let us all know why. I know I'm on the fence right now.
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

Too far from oklahoma
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Where's "Other"?

Seriously, sitting in a car longer then 20 minutes right now is still not fun for my knee. Same with just keeping it down.

Plus, financial constraints.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Would go in a heart beat if I had the funds.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

For me, it's actually a combination of factors primarily distance and location. If it were just 1, my likelihood of going would be much higher.

If Boise were an 8 hour or so drive, I'd go for the game and spend 1 night somewhere.

If it were in a more vacation-like spot, I'd debate about making a trip out of it.

I guess mostly distance. Second is Boise isn't worth dipping into vacation funds.

Still excited for the team and looking forward to watching the game!
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

Wyoklaelk wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:19 pm Too far from oklahoma
Same here.

Where in Oklahoma are ya? I'm in OKC.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Starting a new job in Sheridan and my last day here is 22nd so no time, plus Boise's too far of a drive from Cheyenne this time of year, sorry
WilyWapiti
Ranch Hand

Too far to drive, too expensive to fly; plus, if I'm going to spend vacation time around Christmas, it's going to be somewhere fun, warm, or both.

ww
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Timing and funds are a bit low after going to the Cayman's basketball tourney.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Boise is a terrible location for a bowl game. Been to Boise a number of times, nothing really stood out as must go back in december and freeze my arse off.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I'll be in Myrtle Beach for my annual golf trip on Christmas week. I'll be watching in some warm weather :cool:
I'm good for 3!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I will be in Eastern Pennsylvania that week, bit too much of a trek to Boise from there.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

I decided not to go...not for a single reason but a relatively long list of factors:

1) Boise is not much of a vacation spot (but does offer nearby skiing) and I could not convince any of my ski buddies to make a trip out of it.
2) Sitting in 25 degree weather to watch Wyoming play Central Michigan in Boise, Idaho is not that enticing and does not sound like a whole lot of fun (watching the Pokes in Kinnick stadium this year with all of the Iowa fans waving to the kids in the children's hospital was a neat experience and was a neat trip).
3) In solely my opinion, I believe that Josh Allen is being advised not to play. I believe that if Allen does not play, the coaches will trot out Nick Smith and run the same offense we saw against Fresno and SJSU (I just don't believe this is a recipe for success)...rather than do something innovative such as install a wildcat/option offense with a playmaker at QB that will at least give the offense a chance to score some points. Granted, this could all change if Allen decides that he is playing.
4) We are flying internationally to Asia for a tropical Christmas vacation and going to Boise right before that trip would end up in a lot of travel in a short amount of time.
5) My favorite airline Southwest had $250 round-trip tickets to Boise through DIA early last week but they were up to about $450 by Friday and are even more now.
6) I don't like watching football on a blue field.

I believe that I am a big Pokes supporter but these are my reasons for not making the trip. That said, I look forward to watching the game on ESPN with a handful of Pokes' fans.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I was thinking about this when thinking of the bowl game in Boise. I don't necessarily mind that the bowl game is in boise but wish it wasn't going to be played outside. For me it doesn't feel like much of reward to be in a bowl game that requires you to dress for laramie weather...

I would rather a bowl game in Fargo North Dakota played in their dome then Boise outside. I just know that poor weather can really ruin a good matchup. Last year I think we light up BYU with our passing game but the rain made it impossible. I'm just picturing similar issues playing in Boise in mid december.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

To far
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
tbcpoke
Buckaroo

We cannot with this game without Josh. The fact that they have not come out and said that he will play if he can tells me he may not play either way. If they have said otherwise, i must have missed it. I would presume our allotment will sell much easier if we know that the captain of the ship will be driving. my 2 cents
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I have zero interest in making a trip to Boise, Idaho. I wasn't hoping for the Arizona Bowl.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:26 pm I was thinking about this when thinking of the bowl game in Boise. I don't necessarily mind that the bowl game is in boise but wish it wasn't going to be played outside. For me it doesn't feel like much of reward to be in a bowl game that requires you to dress for laramie weather...

I would rather a bowl game in Fargo North Dakota played in their dome then Boise outside. I just know that poor weather can really ruin a good matchup. Last year I think we light up BYU with our passing game but the rain made it impossible. I'm just picturing similar issues playing in Boise in mid december.
agreed would rather watch it in another cold weather climate like Flagstaff, AZ, and play at the Dome at NAU than freeze to death at Albertson's Stadium in Boise. one other thing I wish Southwest Airlines and other carriers would allow some kind of discounts for travel during this year, the prices on airfare is truly outta whack!!!
KeepitrealWyo
Buckaroo

Fire Vigen and I might attend
Will not sit in Frigid cold and watch that Offense that is Offensive.
Defense is Awesome (Thanks Bohl for getting rid of Stannard)
Allen will not play which is OK if I thought we would come out and be aggressive.
All Bowls are near Christmas Time So that is no excuse.
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:15 am
Wyoklaelk wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:19 pm Too far from oklahoma
Same here.

Where in Oklahoma are ya? I'm in OKC.
Live in pawnee, work in tulsa, wife works at osu