Wyoming Will Face Chippewas in Idaho

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

Lost Poke wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:49 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:31 pm
jessejames02 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:49 pm Just wanted to say I'm pretty excited the 'Pokes are in a bowl game at all. My expectations were low going into the season.

1988 was the last time the 'Pokes had back to back bowl games (which BTW we lost both).
Every team with a pulse gets into a bowl game now though.
We had to be undefeated in conference play in order to get those two bowl games. We played Iowa and Oklahoma State including Barry freakin' Sanders). I don't consider any bowl we've been in since comparable.
I agree. I thought about the UCLA win, but that wasn't a good team (still a great win for us).

Regardless of the low barrier for entry to bowl games, Bohl is the first coach since Dimel to give us back to back winning seasons.
52-56
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

george14 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:42 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:47 am It's actually pretty simple and has nothing to do with a play or two here or there.

If Josh Allen plays, Wyoming wins. If Josh Allen does not play, CMU wins. Hearing that Josh Allen is likely to be 'available' without hearing that he is 'playing,' leads me to believe that Josh Allen will be suited up but not playing. But Allen is a competitor and he might say to hell with it and what everyone else thinks, I'm playing (that's what I'm hoping for).
CMU fan here.

I wouldn't exactly say it's that simple. WYO appears to have a very good defense. CMU leads the nation in turnovers and also has a solid defense, not as good as yours though. Your special teams also look better than ours. We have the big advantage on offense though, we are deep at receiver and have 3 capable RB's. Granted, I have not watched WYO football so feel free to rip me, but statistically it doesn't look like Allen has been that great this year: 56% 13TD 6INT. I know he is a projected 1st/2nd rounder, but he definitely doesn't wow on the stat sheet. I remember watching EMU beat WYO last year and thinking Allen didn't look all that great. Then again, last year CMU had QB Cooper Rush who is now the Dallas Cowboys backup and he didn't look great at times because our team wasn't that great.

I expect a CMU win regardless, but I think the game will be close. Looks like WYO have a stout defense especially against the pass. Not to mention playing Fresno and Boise close.
CMU should be favored in this game. I'll take WYO and whatever the spread is on my bowl bets.

Reality is that CMU, like us and most MWC teams, is mediocre at best. Should be fairly evenly matched. Neither team has a huge advantage in size, speed, or athleticism. We have a d that should prevent CMU from pulling away and an o that should prevent us from pulling away.

On the national stage, this is a yawner but I'm looking forward to it. Who knows, might be playing in snowmageddon with 3 total points scored.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Boise Accuweather prognostications for December 2017

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/boise ... her/328736
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I just hope that Nick takes a bunch of snaps these next 2 weeks, the O coordinator opens the playbook up and we play Wyoming Cowboy (Tough) Football and get er done, been awhile since we've won a bowl game, and that was a fun one against Fresno(not a) State goal line stuff in ABQ
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

stymeman wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:27 am ... the O coordinator opens the playbook up...
You mean BOTH pages ?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:45 pm
stymeman wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:27 am ... the O coordinator opens the playbook up...
You mean BOTH pages ?
Or something like that!!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

You mean BOTH pages ?
Nah, he'll throw in a wrinkle like this:

wyoair
Ranch Hand

You mean BOTH pages ?
Its actually front and back to technically 1. He didn't want to kill an additional tree just for 1 play (the aforementioned wrinkle).
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

george14 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:42 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:47 am It's actually pretty simple and has nothing to do with a play or two here or there.

If Josh Allen plays, Wyoming wins. If Josh Allen does not play, CMU wins. Hearing that Josh Allen is likely to be 'available' without hearing that he is 'playing,' leads me to believe that Josh Allen will be suited up but not playing. But Allen is a competitor and he might say to hell with it and what everyone else thinks, I'm playing (that's what I'm hoping for).
CMU fan here.

I wouldn't exactly say it's that simple. WYO appears to have a very good defense. CMU leads the nation in turnovers and also has a solid defense, not as good as yours though. Your special teams also look better than ours. We have the big advantage on offense though, we are deep at receiver and have 3 capable RB's. Granted, I have not watched WYO football so feel free to rip me, but statistically it doesn't look like Allen has been that great this year: 56% 13TD 6INT. I know he is a projected 1st/2nd rounder, but he definitely doesn't wow on the stat sheet. I remember watching EMU beat WYO last year and thinking Allen didn't look all that great. Then again, last year CMU had QB Cooper Rush who is now the Dallas Cowboys backup and he didn't look great at times because our team wasn't that great.

I expect a CMU win regardless, but I think the game will be close. Looks like WYO have a stout defense especially against the pass. Not to mention playing Fresno and Boise close.
Yea, pretty simple. Allen played and Wyoming won.