Boise and Fresno are games we could have won

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

It's frustrating to know that we were competitive in both those games and with a play here or there we could have beaten them both. I do believe we are closing the gap even though we have not put together a complete team we are getting more and more competitive each year.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Yeah. That should have been us. Arrrrgrgh
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Then, again, there's SJSU...

IMO, I think we're an offensive coordinator away from a ten win season...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:55 am Then, again, there's SJSU...
If we had to win that game to go to the conference championship you have to believe we come out and play better. There was nothing to play for and it was obvious that there guys had more to play for on senior night then we did. San Jose State was the anomaly on the season, much like UNLV and New Mexico were last season. We simply didn't play up to our potential in that game and it was ugly but try focusing on the CSU win, which was a good win, focus on all the close games that we managed to win seven of them. We managed to beat at least two bowl teams on the year. Bottom line we were not as bad as we played against San Jose State they were the outliar game.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Pretty much. Barring Oregon (even the defense had a "WTF?" game there), a more in sync offense, combined with the defense, we would probably have been in the title game, 10 wins, and at least knocking on the top 25.

But, we just ran Woods up the middle again for .5 yards instead. :brick:
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

Coulda woulda.....

Its good to be competitive again, and the program is coming around. I agree we need someone new calling plays.

Those games were winnable, i thought iowa was too. The offense didnt adjust enough to the defensive gameplans against them. The runs up the middle werent working and there were almost no passing plays downfield or over the middle.

At least we get to see a vigen offense in a bowl game. I am most interested to see if he can make any in game adjustments that are successful....
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

+1
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

We beat 1 team with a winning record. Boise completely outplayed us in the 4th qtr and the score could have been even worse. We were scoreless against Fresno st. until 3 minutes left in the game. We are a long ways from being a 10 win team.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:30 pm We beat 1 team with a winning record. Boise completely outplayed us in the 4th qtr and the score could have been even worse. We were scoreless against Fresno st. until 3 minutes left in the game. We are a long ways from being a 10 win team.
False. We were a mediocre offense away from being a ten-win team THIS year
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:30 pm We beat 1 team with a winning record. Boise completely outplayed us in the 4th qtr and the score could have been even worse. We were scoreless against Fresno st. until 3 minutes left in the game. We are a long ways from being a 10 win team.
Then why wasn't it worse. I've watched too many Boise games to know better. Harsin is never comfortable with a 10 point lead. Go back and watch the game in the 4th does Harsin look comfortable to you? They did make the plays needed to win but that game could have easily went the other way.

Ask any Fresno fan and they will let you know they squeaked out of Laramie with a W. We were obviously competitive enough throughout the game to have shot at the win on the last play of the game. If it weren't for a muffed punt and rare fumble at the 10 yard line this game would have definitely turned out differently.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

We could have won a number of games without being sacked on the last play of the game and not even attempting a pass.

We should have been in the MWC Championship game but we had a flat tire at the end of the season again just like last year that and CSU completely falling apart at the end of the Boise State game.
WilyWapiti
Ranch Hand

Yup.

I don't know the reason (not what I get paid to do), but 125/129 with what is projected to be an NFL quarterback is unacceptable.

ww
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:02 pm
False. We were a mediocre offense away from being a ten-win team THIS year
I don't think we are a long ways from being a 10 win in this conference. It is absolutely the weakest the MWC has ever been right now. This team right now would have just about the same records as Joe Glenn's teams playing in a strong MWC in my opinion
I'm good for 3!