Bring in a Quarterback Transfer?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

You can add Demry Croft - Minnesota to that list
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I just wish I could pinpoint exactly what the issue is on the offensive side of the ball and my gut tells me it has more to do with our offensive line not winning the battle of the trenches as it has to do with skill position guys.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Jacob Park, graduate transfer from Iowa State can be added. He comes with some baggage but sounds like he pulled his head out. Here's the link.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ed-program
wyoair
Ranch Hand

SLCPoke wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:03 pm
wyoair wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:07 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:55 pm I like the idea of bringing in a graduate QB transfer that can play right away to at least challenge for the starting position heading into next year. Maybe even a JUCO transfer. Increased competition at the QB spot can only be good IMO.

Michigan just announced that 2 of its QBs have been granted releases and are free to transfer: Malzone and Speight. It sounds like both of them may be available to play at another FBS next year with the graduate transfer rule.

Just a thought but I do hope it is being considered by the coaches. Let's remember...Josh Allen and Josh Wallwork were both very solid QB transfers.
Agreed, I've thought to myself that we should take advantage of that more. I did not realize Wallwork was a transfer. I saw that with UM. Once Russell Wilson did the grad transfer rule, it has really become popular. Look what Boise did with Cozart. Here's a list of possible transfers for next year as well. This was before Speight and Malzone announced. Granted everyone on this list runs spread.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2716 ... bs-in-2017
This was last years list. I think the options that are known are:

Speight- Michigan
Malzone- Michigan
Patterson- Ole Miss
Patterson coincidentally announced he is transferring to Michigan.