Allen: Stay, NFL, or P5 Team?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

There was another QB that josh reminds me of. Jamarcus russell. Hopfully he goes to a tram where he can develop a little bit and not get thrown in right away. Russell could throw 80+ yards but being on a bad raiders team and getting thrown in right away screwed his career up. I just hope he lands in an ideal situation. Thanks JA for getting us to 2 7+ win seasons. Now go get some life changing money!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Mtpoke89 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:33 am There was another QB that josh reminds me of. Jamarcus russell. Hopfully he goes to a tram where he can develop a little bit and not get thrown in right away. Russell could throw 80+ yards but being on a bad raiders team and getting thrown in right away screwed his career up. I just hope he lands in an ideal situation. Thanks JA for getting us to 2 7+ win seasons. Now go get some life changing money!
Jamarcus was a no work ethic bum compared to Josh. Bad comparison.
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

CodyPoke wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:33 pm https://predominantlyorange.com/2017/11 ... selection/

maybe he will be a bronco
Just saw that, not sure I see him going top 5. Wouldn't be mind blowing but I'd guess more in the 10-20 range
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

wyokoke wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:19 pm
CodyPoke wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:33 pm https://predominantlyorange.com/2017/11 ... selection/

Just saw that, not sure I see him going top 5. Wouldn't be mind blowing but I'd guess more in the 10-20 range
That would be my guess as well (low first rounder). Would be fantastic if he went in the first 5 but...I got a better shot of dating Kaley Cuoco or a hot-looking adult tv star than that happening.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:21 pm
wyokoke wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:19 pm

That would be my guess as well (low first rounder). Would be fantastic if he went in the first 5 but...I got a better shot of dating Kaley Cuoco or a hot-looking adult tv star than that happening.
I read somewhere this morning that Buffalo wants either him or Mason Rudolph, and it's looking like they'll be in that range. Not sure how that would be as a fit. Better than New York or Cleveland at least
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Mtpoke89 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:33 am There was another QB that josh reminds me of. Jamarcus russell. Hopfully he goes to a tram where he can develop a little bit and not get thrown in right away. Russell could throw 80+ yards but being on a bad raiders team and getting thrown in right away screwed his career up. I just hope he lands in an ideal situation. Thanks JA for getting us to 2 7+ win seasons. Now go get some life changing money!
GTFO...Russell was fat, lazy and doing drugs. No comparison whatsoever to Josh Allen.

Josh Allen = Ben Roethlisberger. That turned out pretty well for the Steelers IMO.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:34 pm
GTFO...Russell was fat, lazy and doing drugs. No comparison whatsoever to Josh Allen.

Josh Allen = Ben Roethlisberger. That turned out pretty well for the Steelers IMO.
Great comparison. Minus the rapist stuff, of course.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:34 pm

Only problem I have with Big Ben is his off-the-field crap....remember the alleged rape in a restroom with a buddy of his acting as a guard at the door of the restroom. Josh has better morals.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Just saw a tidbit on Twitter the other day that said one NFL executive expects Allen to be the #1 pick off the board. I'll see if I can find it

EDIT: Still looking for the one I referenced. In my search I am finding a TON of news and media outlets reporting Allen to the Jets at #7. The search continues.

EDIT 2:https://twitter.com/Jerrad307/status/931240586375413760
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

PLEASE GOD NO TO THE BROWNS!
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:58 pm Just saw a tidbit on Twitter the other day that said one NFL executive expects Allen to be the #1 pick off the board. I'll see if I can find it

EDIT: Still looking for the one I referenced. In my search I am finding a TON of news and media outlets reporting Allen to the Jets at #7. The search continues.

EDIT 2:https://twitter.com/Jerrad307/status/931240586375413760
I can see it. Once private workouts come around the scouts will be wowed. I have never seen anyone throw it close to as hard as JA. It looks like he's throwing a softball not a football. Couple that with how fast he is? The man can't be tackled by one single person, it takes multiple defenders to bring him down.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:54 am
He was also an idiot who couldn't read more than half the field at a time.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:19 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:54 am
He was also an idiot who couldn't read...
FIFY
lakeside
Buckaroo

Cuttslam wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:00 am
lakeside wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:32 am
Cuttslam wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:00 pm He would be complete MORON if he didn't enter the draft.
Because money solves all problems right
No, it doesn't solve all problems but it sure solves more than no money. Try it sometime.
Tends to create a few new ones, break even proposition at best more often than not. Faith Family Friends try it sometime
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:03 am I too think Josh's stock has only gone up since the AF game. He was surrounded by freshman playmakers, a swiss cheese offensive line, and still led this team to 7 ugly wins. Without him we look like the worst team in all of college football. You put him on a team with an offensive line and even one receiver who could separate and make plays and his numbers are as good if not better than anyone in the country.
Worst offense in college football. We won 7 games because our D held opponents to less than 18 pts a game.

Josh is a good QB with great potential. He had his moments this year and carried the team on occasion. Unfortunately, he was playing for an O with a majority of first year starting underclassmen. And, as you noted, his numbers suffered because of this.
KeepitrealWyo
Buckaroo

Thanks to Josh for coming back. He admitted last year deciding to leave until he couldn't sleep the night before declaring. Believe me he knew the Offense he was coming back too and he knew Vigen was an average at best OC. He had loyalty to Wyoming and has 100% confidence in his ability.
Mark it down- HE WILL DESTROY ROSEN AND DARNOLD AT THE COMBINE. He will be the 1st QB taken in the draft after humiliating ALL QB's at Combine.
We all are very fortunate to watch this kid the last two years.
His Talent and Guts (remember the jumps ,hurdles and the downright balls he showed us over the last 20 games) are surpassed by no Cowboy. Gunslinger as a Passer and Gritty as a Runner We all will yearn for the last two years comparing him to the upcoming QB's.
He willed us to the Boot this year as well as the Hawaii OT victory.
Transferring to an Alabama last year (sitting out one year ) and playing two years would have made sense
Ridiculous to talk about it this year he is NFL Bound - Pittsburgh would be Awesome
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

JimmyDimes wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:08 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:03 am I too think Josh's stock has only gone up since the AF game. He was surrounded by freshman playmakers, a swiss cheese offensive line, and still led this team to 7 ugly wins. Without him we look like the worst team in all of college football. You put him on a team with an offensive line and even one receiver who could separate and make plays and his numbers are as good if not better than anyone in the country.
Worst offense in college football. We won 7 games because our D held opponents to less than 18 pts a game.

Josh is a good QB with great potential. He had his moments this year and carried the team on occasion. Unfortunately, he was playing for an O with a majority of first year starting underclassmen. And, as you noted, his numbers suffered because of this.
5 returning starters with at least 2 others that saw the field a decent bit before this year
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

Come the the Bird's Nest and Rise up Red Sea, Arizona Cardinals!!
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Too bad the Chiefs drafter Maholmes last year. I'd love to see what Andy could do to refine Josh.....sigh.