Allen: Stay, NFL, or P5 Team?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

lakeside wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:23 pm
Cuttslam wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:00 am
lakeside wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:32 am
Cuttslam wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:00 pm He would be complete MORON if he didn't enter the draft.
Because money solves all problems right
No, it doesn't solve all problems but it sure solves more than no money. Try it sometime.
Tends to create a few new ones, break even proposition at best more often than not. Faith Family Friends try it sometime
WOW, thanks for the great advice Socrates.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Cuttslam wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:00 pm He would be complete MORON if he didn't enter the draft.
No, it doesn't solve all problems but it sure solves more than no money. Try it sometime.
Tends to create a few new ones, break even proposition at best more often than not. Faith Family Friends try it sometime
Keep the faith. My family and friends are extremely happy that I don't have to worry about money, and I'm extremely happy they don't either. Lots of happiness all around...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Yeah...I ain't buying it either. I know a few individuals that are very well off. Not billions, but certainly millions. And they all have the same mantra...whoever said money doesn't buy happiness didn't know what they hell they were talking about.

Yeah, money can bring about problems, but I'd rather be rich with a few problems than poor with money problems.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

pokefanchaz7 wrote:
stymeman wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:15 am I love those hopeless optimists, or so to speak, think he'll be loyal to Wyoming and play in the bowl, sure I'd love to see him again, but I saw all I needed to see at the Fresno St game, business is business even at Wyoming
Couldn't that argument be made regarding coming back at all this year? If money was the only defining factor I don't know why he came back at all. I think he came back in part due to loyalty to the coaching staff that gave him a shot to play division one ball.

I won't be surprised if he doesn't play just as I wasn't surprised if he left last year to be a first round pick. I'm just hopeful that we get our best team in the bowl game.
I wouldn't blame to not play in the bowl game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:35 am I know I'm virtually alone on this sentiment, but I don't think he'll be very good in the NFL. He's got a rocket arm and can make all the throws, but his accuracy and decision making leave a lot to be desired.
You would be wrong. Josh made gold out of a crap sandwich this year for the most part. Put Josh in literally any other offense and he would have fantastic numbers and would be taken 1st overall
[emoji817]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Did everyone not see Josh come out and be introduced with the seniors at the Fresno State game?

Thanks for coming to UW Josh, it was great watching you! You brought more attention to UW than any single athlete before - thanks again! On to the NFL, where I hope you have a long and very prosperous career!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:10 am Did everyone not see Josh come out and be introduced with the seniors at the Fresno State game?

Thanks for coming to UW Josh, it was great watching you! You brought more attention to UW than any single athlete before - thanks again! On to the NFL, where I hope you have a long and very prosperous career!
This. Why some people think he is transferring is well beyond me.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:28 am
McPeachy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:10 am Did everyone not see Josh come out and be introduced with the seniors at the Fresno State game?

I don't understand why people actually think transferring would help him at all... His stock can't get much higher and he wouldnt risk injury at a different school. He's NFL bound...
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Don't you lose a year of eligibility when you transfer, if you've already used a redshirt?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:06 pm Don't you lose a year of eligibility when you transfer, if you've already used a redshirt?
Yes, but he could probably get a medical year cause of his collar bone year. Not sure though. And I think he could graduate and do a grad transfer and play right away. But like others have said it doesn't matter he's going pro
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

wyokoke wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:09 pm
joshvanklomp wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:06 pm Don't you lose a year of eligibility when you transfer, if you've already used a redshirt?
Yes, but he could probably get a medical year cause of his collar bone year. Not sure though. And I think he could graduate and do a grad transfer and play right away. But like others have said it doesn't matter he's going pro
Grad transfer, good point. But yes, it's a moot point.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

In my opinion the only way a grad transfer makes sense is if scouts are scared off due to a poor season this year and he feels as though he needs to prove he can do it against top level competition before he goes to the NFL. Again, I don't think it's likely he transfers. That being said if Say Alabama called him and said we would like you to consider us for a grad transfer and scouts were souring on him it may be worth it.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... -to-draft/

Has Josh Allen as #1, the next Carson Wentz?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:28 am

Me too he's not transferring anywhere, NFL is the gold standard even since last year, he might play a few downs during the bowl game but Josh's best work are truly memories, and thanks for those, come to the Arizona Cardinals please......
wyoav211933
Ranch Hand

There are many reasons for Josh to not play the bowl game, but may I present two reasons that hopefully don't make me too much of a Homer: 1.) The thing that his detractors point out is that he struggled against quality opponents. We probably won't be drawing an opponent from a P5 conference, but if we get an opponent with a respected defense, maybe it's worth proving a few doubters wrong? 2.) I think there could be some value to showing that he is over his injury and that he is still the same player after this injury.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

wyoav211933 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:33 pm There are many reasons for Josh to not play the bowl game, but may I present two reasons that hopefully don't make me too much of a Homer: 1.) The thing that his detractors point out is that he struggled against quality opponents. We probably won't be drawing an opponent from a P5 conference, but if we get an opponent with a respected defense, maybe it's worth proving a few doubters wrong? 2.) I think there could be some value to showing that he is over his injury and that he is still the same player after this injury.
I think the #1 factor for Allen playing in the bowl game is that he is a competitor and he cares and wants to be out there to help his teammates. I fear that the choice might be taken out of his hands (from coaches and others looking after his best future interests).

I am about 50/50 on whether Allen plays. The 50 being for him playing of Allen actually convincing the parties involved that he wants to and will play.
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

Carson Wentz was injured at the midpoint of his senior season, and came back for one game, the fcs championship. His return and performance in that game, which he decisely won, kicked off his elevation from high round draft pick to top two pick. He did have to continue to back it up at senior bowl, workouts, etc. So there can be upside to doing it. Note that Carson did so out of passion for the game and team, not as a draft strategy.
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

Wonder if the Browns will pass on Wentz 2.0 if Josh is available?
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Interesting article in the CST where Matt Miller basically said we look absolutely horrible without Josh. Hmmm he can see it, some of us can see it, but we no.. .everything is fine.. move along, nothing to see here... just us fans being irrational
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

But did you ever imagine that last years defense that gave up outragous games against New Mexico (one of the worst efforts of all time) and UNLV last year would be one of the most bad ass defensive units in the mountain west within one season.

I think that the offense will improve with another year of training and experience.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!