SOME OF YOU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

All I know is that I wouldn’t want to dance with Cuttslam. Even though a lot of his views infuriate me, that dude doesn’t look like someone that someone of my stature would do well against lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:29 pm I wonder if Vigen would be a stronger asset at associate HC and try someone new in the OC role? ;)
Not a terrible idea. If thats a promotion, i dont like rewarding #127 out of 130 or whatever those numbers are. I do think someone else needs brought in. I would like to keep vigen around as he seems to do well with qbs and recruiting imo. I like the overall offensive philosophy, i dont like that we have no plays identified with a 80% chance of success to gain a yd when it matters, a quick 7 yd pass to get a first down 70% of the time. Someone who can identify those 2 plays against anyone is who we need. If that means a new oc, thats up to bohl, but we can add that guy with or without vigen.

When the run up the middle hasnt worked all year and we know it, the opponent knows it, the players also know it. When that run is called on 3rd and 5, and the team knows they havent averaged 3 yards on it, wtf do they think? Vigen is telling them to do it better, when maybe we could try a te hook for 7 yds. I dont know, just too many times saying wtf, why was that called there....

There is so many things you can do other than a run up the middle or a wr 5 yd out route, and i havent seen the creativity or knowledge out of our oc to say he has these guys nailed, or he sure figured that out.....ive seen desperation. Smith is not a runner, fort should run hook routes not take snaps, conway should be used on slants over an empty middle with a safety chasing him.

Bottom line, 127 mandates some change
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:29 pm I wonder if Vigen would be a stronger asset at associate HC and try someone new in the OC role? ;)
Can't tell if you were being sarcastic or not? :) Bohl promoted Vigen to associate head coach after last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5wy_SbZe_w

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:20 pm
Can't tell if you were being sarcastic or not? :) Bohl promoted Vigen to associate head coach after last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5wy_SbZe_w
;) I was suggesting he take on a larger role in his associate position and less of a role in the oc position. I think he's ready!
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

There's a few significant differences between the Stanard situation last year and the Vigen situation this year.

1. Stanard wasn't Bohl's first option when he came here 4 years ago. He probably wasn't Bohl's second option either. That was Hazelton, who became available and was interested in the position. Bohl and Vigen have been together since 2003, unlike Stanard who was only with Bohl since 2012.
2. The defense last year tanked with two games of over 650 yards and 55 points allowed, and they ended the year losing 3 straight and 4 of 5. This year, we've won 3 of 4 and 6 of 8.

If we lose to San Jose and lose the bowl game, then we can talk about being in a similar situation as last year. But not right now.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

joshvanklomp wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:28 pm There's a few significant differences between the Stanard situation last year and the Vigen situation this year.

1. Stanard wasn't Bohl's first option when he came here 4 years ago. He probably wasn't Bohl's second option either. That was Hazelton, who became available and was interested in the position. Bohl and Vigen have been together since 2003, unlike Stanard who was only with Bohl since 2012.
2. The defense last year tanked with two games of over 650 yards and 55 points allowed, and they ended the year losing 3 straight and 4 of 5. This year, we've won 3 of 4 and 6 of 8.

If we lose to San Jose and lose the bowl game, then we can talk about being in a similar situation as last year. But not right now.
Cant change 127th....thats the situation, and it needs addressed imo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyoklaelk wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:50 pmCant change 127th....thats the situation, and it needs addressed imo
Has the offense suddenly changed from the scheme that was 48th in the country last year? If not, the scheme isn't the problem. The coach isn't the problem.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

With more nfl level talent than maybe ever at WYO and a relatively weak schedule, perhaps the offense, as decent as it was, underachievec last year. Not saying that is the case but something to contemplate.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

Scheme is fine. I like a pro style offense, particularly since most run a spread option and being different can be an advantage. But run more off tackle than the run up the middle. And dont act like a read option play is a secret, every defense sees that poop every other week. Dont run bledsoe on a qb power. I like play action, works best when cb bites on run and you hit wr deep, but a 5 yd out, cb bites on run and winds up covering a wr, how can the cb lose. Find a way to exploit a defense with what you have, like get conway in the middle of the field on a safety all by themselves. Throw the ball further than the sticks, seems like that could be a more focused effort. 127, it aint just the players.....

Way too many times ive watched and said wtf. If you cant get 5 yds every run, you have to adjust some. Thats my biggest complaint, the lack of ability to find something in the scheme that works this year.

Also i believe the defensive scheme is similar to last year, maybe a few adjustments were made
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Poke-proud wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:57 pm Pretty ridiculous to go from a debate to "meet me outside after recess and I'll show you".
Yeah, not sure what is up with that? I love a good fight when it's under controlled forms and on ice skates, but moving from debate to threatening with fists is rather pathetic. WTF?
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

joshvanklomp wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:19 pm
Wyoklaelk wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:50 pmCant change 127th....thats the situation, and it needs addressed imo
Has the offense suddenly changed from the scheme that was 48th in the country last year? If not, the scheme isn't the problem. The coach isn't the problem.
Defense is still a 4-3 with a good amount of cover 2, mostly the same players. Guess it probably is due to experience?

Keep the scheme, just make some adjustments. Just like Haz kept the scheme and made some adjustments to how we play the option. The offense needs someone who knows how to identify a mismatch, and implement plays to exploit that, particularly in a time frame of a quarter or half of a game.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:01 pm All I know is that I wouldn’t want to dance with Cuttslam. Even though a lot of his views infuriate me, that dude doesn’t look like someone that someone of my stature would do well against lol

Please laxwyo, I'm a pussycat.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Wyoklaelk wrote:
Defense is still a 4-3 with a good amount of cover 2, mostly the same players. Guess it probably is due to experience?

Keep the scheme, just make some adjustments. Just like Haz kept the scheme and made some adjustments to how we play the option. Tje offense needs someone who knows how to identify a mismatch, and implement plays to exploit that, particularly in a time frame of a quarter or half of a game.
Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark. [emoji106]

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

NOT calling at all in the slightest, I just want our team to do their assignments and such and not "lay an egg" on offense and look like a totally different team altogether. Yes Fresno St is tough, but the same ol Run, Run, Pass, Punt got really old, it looked like NO adjustments were made nor being tried that's all I'm getting at. at 11 games into the season the whole team should look like it's played games and not like it was the 1st game of the year. When my team starts winning but NOT playing it's best and getting it done and then falling back it's very disappointing to say the least. Josh has seen his time at UW and I highly doubt he'll play another game for us these last two. Next year will truly be interesting, yes I'm happy for a bowl appearance 2 years in a row, but I do expect to win that too not just "being there". Vigen might be HC material in the FCS but not FBS imo.. As much as hope we can go into SJSU and win against a NOT so good team like we SHOULD, there are NO guarantees so 8-4 isn't a lock by any stretch remember we are Wyoming and our road record over the years isn't stellar by any stretch either. NOT pessimistic just calling it like I see it being a Wyoming Cowboys fan!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

imo we underperformed last year with the amount of talent we had. 48th, is like, barely better than average. I don't know why most on here are satisfied with Vigen.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:37 pm With more nfl level talent than maybe ever at WYO and a relatively weak schedule, perhaps the offense, as decent as it was, underachievec last year. Not saying that is the case but something to contemplate.
+1
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Urban Meyer made some comments about coaches complaining they don't have the right personnel to play the scheme they want. Basically it was great coaches adapt their scheme to fit the players they have instead of forcing players to fit the scheme. Not saying we need a new scheme on offense, but just change up the damn play calls to something you know they players can execute. Iso left and Iso right all season long haven't worked. But we still keep calling them in the hopes that it breaks just once.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

HR_Poke wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:36 am Urban Meyer made some comments about coaches complaining they don't have the right personnel to play the scheme they want. Basically it was great coaches adapt their scheme to fit the players they have instead of forcing players to fit the scheme. Not saying we need a new scheme on offense, but just change up the damn play calls to something you know they players can execute. Iso left and Iso right all season long haven't worked. But we still keep calling them in the hopes that it breaks just once.
Sounds familiar. Anyone remember a basketball coach named Heath? Supposedly we had to wait to get enough athletes to fit his scheme/philosophy. He couldn't alter his schemes to fit the talent that he had available to him. Hmmm.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

dapokes wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:21 pm
PotatoCreekPete wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:14 pm
dapokes wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:57 am Need a tall glass of STFU for 24 hr after a game to not embarrass yourself and the fan base with these trash/whining posts.

We lost. We win that game w Josh heatlhy, but he wasn't. We are still going to be 8-4. We are bowling for the first time in consecutive seasons since 87-88.

I'm sick of all of the sorry-ass loser posters asking for coaches heads. Shut the f-word up. You're annoying 97% of the good posters on this board and making Wyo fans look like some bitchy CSU fans that can't take an L.
You are more embarrassing than anyone else I have seen. We have the worst offense in the MWC, and arguably the worst in the nation. We had a pathetic 77 yards rushing in the 11th game of the season as a whole team, and you are saying....all is fine as we have won 7 maybe 8 games! The ONLY reason, and I do mean the ONLY reason we have won the games that we have this year is because we have Scotty Hazelton as our DC! Period! If it wasn't for him we would probably be 2-10....and you want to say everything is fine!

Vigen's play calling is so predictable it is sad. Smith is not the runner that Allen is, and Fresno St. was putting a spy in there to stop any QB runs....but Vigen never got the message (don't know what game he was watching but it couldn't have been the Wyoming-Fresno State game!) as he tried that play 7 times and netted 1 yard! But everything is fine. You are freaking embarrassing by your Pollyanna statement!
Provide an actual argument. Or DM me and we can have this conversation, in person, if your sorry ass even shows up for games. I'll be up for basketball games if you want to be embarrassed in public over arguing with me regarding the state of affairs of the football team.
My Dad can beat up your Dad.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

I assume this means you are blaming the players. Who is supposed to be coaching the players and teaching them how to be better? Who is supposed to be setting a game plan to make them successful and get the most out of them?

I don't believe for a second that our offensive talent is so low that the other ~125 teams in the nation have more talent on offense than we do, and if that is truly the case (which I don't believe), who was responsible for recruiting those players the last 4 years?

How is it the defensive players who looked like they couldn't tackle last year, couldn't defend the option last year, couldn't cover a receiver without being 10 yards off the line of scrimmage last year, all the sudden this year can do all those things. My answer...they got a coach that taught them and set a game plan to make them successful and get the most out of them. We need an offensive coach that can do the same, and not just say that our offensive talent (with a first round draft pick) is somehow less talented than nearly every other team in the entire country.