SOME OF YOU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

wyokoke wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:47 pm
Wyokie wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:10 am
WYCowboy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:59 am Some of us are a little thin skinned (especially after a loss), but we are all Wyoming Cowboy & Cowgirl fans - we all want to win.
True but....

29 years since our LAST Conference championship and counting....
Better find a new team. Have you heard about the Sooners and Baker Mayfield? Might be more your speed
Nope. I'm loyal to Wyoming...besides OU loves to cheat (Mixon anyone?). There's no honor in cheating.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

bladerunnr wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:11 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:25 am Again, I trust that Bohl will fix this and I'm sure he isn't making excuses.

I will say one thing that baffles me is 4 years ago was the worst team in WYO history because we were playing youth everywhere and that was supposed to pay dividends this year. Even in the worst year, the offense was still better than this year. Without looking, I would bet that we played just as much youth or more 4 years ago and had an offense ranked 30 spots higher. The competition isn't better. That fact does baffle me and indicates, to me, that there might be some other issues Bohl needs to address besides birthdays or players.

Still, nice to be back in a bowl and I have no doubt the offense will get fixed. One side (fire Vigen vs. More birthdays) will get to say I told you so and we all win!
The offense 4 and even 3 years ago was horrendous. You can look at stats all you want. The fact is: we ran up a lot of yards after we were getting the poop kicked out of us and teams had in their 3d string defense. Three years ago, this team won 2 games and was losing nearly every game at half time by 2 or 3 touchdowns. Bohl's first year was similar. Now that we are competitive in every game, we don't get to produce those garbage time stats.
Ok. The worst team in WYO history (Bohl's 1st year playing youth that was supposed to pay dividends this year) and looking only at 1st half stats were still better.
They had 57 total drives, 316 total plays, 5.5 plays/drive, 1819 total yds, and averaged 5.6 yds/play.
This year, 69 total drives, 318 total plays, 4.6 plays/drive, 1417 total yds, and 4.4 yds/play.

If the past team had this year's defense, they would have had more opportunities and the stats would be even more skewed.

FCS game and last game (obviously) in each season omitted and meant 3 years not 4 in original post.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

wyokoke wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:47 pm
Wyokie wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:10 am
WYCowboy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:59 am Some of us are a little thin skinned (especially after a loss), but we are all Wyoming Cowboy & Cowgirl fans - we all want to win.
True but....

29 years since our LAST Conference championship and counting....
Better find a new team. Have you heard about the Sooners and Baker Mayfield? Might be more your speed
+100
dapokes
Ranch Hand

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:19 am I'm gonna bitch about people bitching! Oh, the irony......
Can we bitch about your lack of game attendance this year? LOL
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

dapokes wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:19 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:19 am I'm gonna bitch about people bitching! Oh, the irony......
Hey I came to the Hawaii game!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:06 pm
I think a lot of Wyoming fans came to that OT pass.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:05 pm
I think a lot of Wyoming fans came to that OT pass.
Ha! Well done, sir.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

My man. Good choice. Sloppy but fun ending.

Btw we had a top NFL pick in the draft and had mediocre attendance. Fans CAN help recruiting and the coaching staff by selling out games...they can't get established coaches fired from message board and Twitter fodder...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

it is Wyoming afterall, don't think any of this can happen from a message board
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Some of us...

Had a lot of trouble logging in for some reason. At least I did. Would put in my username, password, click login, then the page reloads with those fields empty like I hadn't filled them in. I blame the sheep and ybu.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

fromolwyoming wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:52 pm Some of us...

Had a lot of trouble logging in for some reason. At least I did. Would put in my username, password, click login, then the page reloads with those fields empty like I hadn't filled them in. I blame the sheep and ybu.
Thank GAWD I thought I was the only one!!!!!

When in doubt...blame BYU!!!!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Wyokie wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:54 pm

Yeah. No clue why. But glad I can now.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

fromolwyoming wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:57 pm

I'm still having to re-log on every time I come back to the site tonight. Had no problems earlier today.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Ditto.

Hey, Mr. T. What's up with your forum? Why does it hate us so much?
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Eh.. Chris made a change with some SSL stuff and it's not quite working right. eGriz has the same problem. Plus PMs here aren't working. More info tomorrow. For the time being, delete board cookies (link at the bottom of the page), delete web browser cache, should work. I'll put a global post up until it works for everyone.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:27 pm Eh.. Chris made a change with some SSL stuff and it's not quite working right. eGriz has the same problem. Plus PMs here aren't working. More info tomorrow. For the time being, delete board cookies (link at the bottom of the page), delete web browser cache, should work. I'll put a global post up until it works for everyone.
Hope it's fixed soon.

I keep having to log in even after I click the "remember me" thing when I log in. Driving me nuts!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Wyokie wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:46 pm
MrTitleist wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:27 pm Eh.. Chris made a change with some SSL stuff and it's not quite working right. eGriz has the same problem. Plus PMs here aren't working. More info tomorrow. For the time being, delete board cookies (link at the bottom of the page), delete web browser cache, should work. I'll put a global post up until it works for everyone.
Hope it's fixed soon.

I keep having to log in even after I click the "remember me" thing when I log in. Driving me nuts!!!!
Same here.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Wyokie wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:01 pm

I'm still having to re-log on every time I come back to the site tonight. Had no problems earlier today.
This was happening to me roughly a week ago then all of a sudden it just started working again.I never realized how many times a day I'm actually on this site until I had to login every time.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

poke_addict wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:56 pm
Wyokie wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:01 pm

This was happening to me roughly a week ago then all of a sudden it just started working again.I never realized how many times a day I'm actually on this site until I had to login every time.
I'm still having problems.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

WyomingAg wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:09 amI assume this means you are blaming the players. Who is supposed to be coaching the players and teaching them how to be better? Who is supposed to be setting a game plan to make them successful and get the most out of them?
So the players will never be at fault in your mind?

The coaches can coach all they want during the week and on the sidelines, but it's still up to the players to execute. Bohl and Vigen aren't allowed to be on the field holding their players' hands and telling them exactly where to be.

Do you think Vigen told Smith "if a hole opens up on this QB sneak, don't run through it"? Or do you think they never worked with Johnson on how to catch a pass?

Ultimately, my post wasn't meant to be blaming the players either. Inexperience is the biggest key right now, I believe. I think that was as big of a factor in the defense's play from last year to this year, and I believe more experience will help the offense as a whole next year.

Yes, recruiting is on the coaches too, but I doubt they expected so many guys to baby out and quit the team. That created more holes on the roster.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo