SOME OF YOU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I agree with those saying 127th offense is not good enough. Nobody can convince me that Allen, Fort, Conway, Van Maanen, Price, Harshman, and Evans couldn't have been utilized better than they have been, and once CJ Johnson started catching the ball, he's been a weapon as well. Hell, even Trey Woods is good at catching the ball!

I'm not sure we had THAT big of a chance to beat Iowa considering all the dropped passes, but by the time we traveled into Boise, that was no longer a problem, and neither was it yesterday. Both those games could have been won.

Yes, I'm very happy we've strung two winning seasons together, but with the most talented quarterback in team history, 127th ranked on offense doesn't cut it, regardless of several players leaving for the NFL.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

While I have been disappointed with the offense this year, I thought Vigen was more creative yesterday than he’s been in the four years here. He was a little too conservative for the early portion of the game but there were some good wrinkles out there that hadn’t been seen. We might lose Josh going forward, but the offensive line will have 5 starters back along with the fact all skill players outside of fullback return. I expect the offense to improve next year which will compliment a great defense next year.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

I wonder if Vigen would be a stronger asset at associate HC and try someone new in the OC role? ;)
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

dapokes wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:57 am Need a tall glass of STFU for 24 hr after a game to not embarrass yourself and the fan base with these trash/whining posts.

We lost. We win that game w Josh heatlhy, but he wasn't. We are still going to be 8-4. We are bowling for the first time in consecutive seasons since 87-88.

I'm sick of all of the sorry-ass loser posters asking for coaches heads. Shut the f-word up. You're annoying 97% of the good posters on this board and making Wyo fans look like some bitchy CSU fans that can't take an L.
You are more embarrassing than anyone else I have seen. We have the worst offense in the MWC, and arguably the worst in the nation. We had a pathetic 77 yards rushing in the 11th game of the season as a whole team, and you are saying....all is fine as we have won 7 maybe 8 games! The ONLY reason, and I do mean the ONLY reason we have won the games that we have this year is because we have Scotty Hazelton as our DC! Period! If it wasn't for him we would probably be 2-10....and you want to say everything is fine!

Vigen's play calling is so predictable it is sad. Smith is not the runner that Allen is, and Fresno St. was putting a spy in there to stop any QB runs....but Vigen never got the message (don't know what game he was watching but it couldn't have been the Wyoming-Fresno State game!) as he tried that play 7 times and netted 1 yard! But everything is fine. You are freaking embarrassing by your Pollyanna statement!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

NebraskaCowboy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:01 pm While I have been disappointed with the offense this year, I thought Vigen was more creative yesterday than he’s been in the four years here. He was a little too conservative for the early portion of the game but there were some good wrinkles out there that hadn’t been seen. We might lose Josh going forward, but the offensive line will have 5 starters back along with the fact all skill players outside of fullback return. I expect the offense to improve next year which will compliment a great defense next year.
This has got to be hyperbole.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

NebraskaCowboy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:01 pm While I have been disappointed with the offense this year, I thought Vigen was more creative yesterday than he’s been in the four years here. He was a little too conservative for the early portion of the game but there were some good wrinkles out there that hadn’t been seen. We might lose Josh going forward, but the offensive line will have 5 starters back along with the fact all skill players outside of fullback return. I expect the offense to improve next year which will compliment a great defense next year.
Vigen tried the Wildcat, but they were packing the box and they went nowhere. We had an embarrassing total of 77 yards rushing. We don't have 5 starters back on the OL, we have to replace Cummings. Our OL has not moved anyone this year and needs to get stronger and meaner in the offseason. But if Vigen makes the same play calls that we have this season we will have another disappointing offensive season.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

PotatoCreekPete wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:14 pm
dapokes wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:57 am Need a tall glass of STFU for 24 hr after a game to not embarrass yourself and the fan base with these trash/whining posts.

We lost. We win that game w Josh heatlhy, but he wasn't. We are still going to be 8-4. We are bowling for the first time in consecutive seasons since 87-88.

I'm sick of all of the sorry-ass loser posters asking for coaches heads. Shut the f-word up. You're annoying 97% of the good posters on this board and making Wyo fans look like some bitchy CSU fans that can't take an L.
You are more embarrassing than anyone else I have seen. We have the worst offense in the MWC, and arguably the worst in the nation. We had a pathetic 77 yards rushing in the 11th game of the season as a whole team, and you are saying....all is fine as we have won 7 maybe 8 games! The ONLY reason, and I do mean the ONLY reason we have won the games that we have this year is because we have Scotty Hazelton as our DC! Period! If it wasn't for him we would probably be 2-10....and you want to say everything is fine!

Vigen's play calling is so predictable it is sad. Smith is not the runner that Allen is, and Fresno St. was putting a spy in there to stop any QB runs....but Vigen never got the message (don't know what game he was watching but it couldn't have been the Wyoming-Fresno State game!) as he tried that play 7 times and netted 1 yard! But everything is fine. You are freaking embarrassing by your Pollyanna statement!
Provide an actual argument. Or DM me and we can have this conversation, in person, if your sorry ass even shows up for games. I'll be up for basketball games if you want to be embarrassed in public over arguing with me regarding the state of affairs of the football team.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I do have to say that fans had some impact on Stanard's seat getting hot. If fans were okay with the status qoue maybe Stanard would still be here? After all last year was a great year, we beat two top 25 teams and got a division title. Why mess with that set up?
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

There really aren't that many plays you can call in football:
1.) Pass
2.) Run
3.) Punt
4.) Field Goal
5.) Trickery - flea ficker/statute of liberty/lateral bounce pass/fake punt/etc
*.) Add an option to each play above

When it comes to passing, its pretty much up to the quarterback to deliver to a reciever that has a good chance of catching the ball.

Running, there usually is a couple of holes opened by the o-line. The back has a default hole and can chose another option if necessary.

The play calling is predictable. The problem lies with the execution being too predictable. Fake handoffs aren't all that realistic (everyone looks back to the ball after a second or two instead of running like they have the ball).

Its too easy to cue in on these things. All positions need to act like they are getting the ball, have the ball, etc. They do a poor job of that.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

marcuswyo wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:25 pm I do have to say that fans had some impact on Stanard's seat getting hot. If fans were okay with the status qoue maybe Stanard would still be here? After all last year was a great year, we beat two top 25 teams and got a division title. Why mess with that set up?
Can you share the impact? I always assumed Bohl looked at the state of the program and said - shoot - we could have had a couple more wins - instead we gave up so many yards on defense each game. I'd think losing Granderson earlier in the season would have had more impact than the fans did.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

dapokes wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:21 pm

Provide an actual argument. Or DM me and we can have this conversation, in person, if your sorry ass even shows up for games. I'll be up for basketball games if you want to be embarrassed in public over arguing with me regarding the state of affairs of the football team.
I provided an actual argument, sorry if the facts don't support your attack on others. I show up for the games brainstem, I am a season ticket holder, and probably have watched more Cowboy football than you have. I have no doubt that people are embarrassed to be seen with you. If we meet up at a game I would be happy to argue facts, if you want to just shout and cuss go back to the bar.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

PotatoCreekPete wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:21 pm
Vigen tried the Wildcat, but they were packing the box and they went nowhere. We had an embarrassing total of 77 yards rushing. We don't have 5 starters back on the OL, we have to replace Cummings. Our OL has not moved anyone this year and needs to get stronger and meaner in the offseason. But if Vigen makes the same play calls that we have this season we will have another disappointing offensive season.
Cummings was sick and I believe the line has played better at times without him. We’ve started Velasquez, Rush, Harris, Jackson, and Wallace along with spot starts from Webb and Jolly. That’s a lot of experience that should get bigger and stronger moving forward.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:18 pm
It’s easy to let the anger cloud your judgement but there were some wrinkles that hadn’t been seen before. Fort took snaps. Conway took snaps. The fake toss wheel route to Fort was another unique play call.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

NebraskaCowboy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:58 pm
It’s easy to let the anger cloud your judgement but there were some wrinkles that hadn’t been seen before. Fort took snaps. Conway took snaps. The fake toss wheel route to Fort was another unique play call.
The Wildcat with Fort worked. The one with Conway didn't. They should have let Fort run it more.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

NebraskaCowboy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:58 pm
What about the qb keepers and the QB read option play (aka the ''trump card'' - Bohl's words not mine) that quit working week 10 last year. What about the runs in between the tackles that averaged like 2.0 yards per play? I've never seen a team waste a generational QB talent like Josh Allen by running it into a brick wall over and over and over and over and over.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

PotatoCreekPete wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:34 pm

I provided an actual argument, sorry if the facts don't support your attack on others. I show up for the games brainstem, I am a season ticket holder, and probably have watched more Cowboy football than you have. I have no doubt that people are embarrassed to be seen with you. If we meet up at a game I would be happy to argue facts, if you want to just shout and cuss go back to the bar.
Also a season ticket holder. DM your name then, Potato. No need to come off like the internet tough guy you're portraying.

You're not actually providing an argument for your aggregious statement of the most embarrassing post.

The biggest miss Vigen had was that 3rd and 1 qb run for the second drive in a row. Btw for everyone else commenting.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

dapokes wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:07 pm

Also a season ticket holder. DM your name then, Potato. No need to come off like the internet tough guy you're portraying.

You're not actually providing an argument for your aggregious statement of the most embarrassing post.

The biggest miss Vigen had was that 3rd and 1 qb run for the second drive in a row. Btw for everyone else commenting.
If you can read, you can go back and see that you are the one that started the talk about meeting up and if you are man enough talk...so now who is trying to be the badass of the board? The only thing that you are doing is proving how immature you are by threatening people.....and I am sure I am not the first person you have threatened.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

I like all the posters who like to defend the terrible offense by blaming the players and giving the coach a pass rather than blaming the coach who is supposed to be teaching the players how to get better and put them in a position to succeed.

I can already predict the excuses next year for a bad offense "Allen is gone, no way the coaches could come up with any game plan to maximize the 11 starters we have, it's all on the players being bad".

Interesting how the nearly identical defensive players from last year who were blamed constantly for missed tackles and not stopping the option and soft coverage 10 yards off receivers, are like totally different players this year. Coaching maybe? Some how those same players suddenly seem to have a ton of talent.

No one can convince me that we don't also have talent on offense besides allen which is being under utilized or under coached to reach their potential
dapokes
Ranch Hand

PotatoCreekPete wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:09 pm

If you can read, you can go back and see that you are the one that started the talk about meeting up and if you are man enough talk...so now who is trying to be the badass of the board? The only thing that you are doing is proving how immature you are by threatening people.....and I am sure I am not the first person you have threatened.
Still no DM from you. You're getting awfully defensive. I didn't know you considered conversation as threatening. What a time to be alive.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

dapokes wrote:
PotatoCreekPete wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:09 pm

Still no DM from you. You're getting awfully defensive. I didn't know you considered conversation as threatening. What a time to be alive.
Pretty ridiculous to go from a debate to "meet me outside after recess and I'll show you".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk