SOME OF YOU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Need a tall glass of STFU for 24 hr after a game to not embarrass yourself and the fan base with these trash/whining posts.

We lost. We win that game w Josh heatlhy, but he wasn't. We are still going to be 8-4. We are bowling for the first time in consecutive seasons since 87-88.

I'm sick of all of the sorry-ass loser posters asking for coaches heads. Shut the f-word up. You're annoying 97% of the good posters on this board and making Wyo fans look like some bitchy CSU fans that can't take an L.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I'm not happy with the loss either. Would liked to have had a shot at 10 win but its still a good year regardless. We could be 3-8 right now. I do agree we maybe need to look in another direction as far as O-coordinator. But Christ I'm happy to be returning to the post season. We're still building. If Bohl really is good, we will have a championship in no less than 4 years.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

In my opinion Vigen' s play calling cost us at least two games this year. The Iowa game and the Fresno game. Both were very winnable but we refused to adjust the game plan even though what we were doing was not working. I am happy with the overall record but this season had much more promise than what was delivered, and I think we could be looking at 10 possibly 11 wins this season if offensive adjustments had been made.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

The Iowa game could have been special with pure execution. I remember it being woefully frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

Oh, it's standard on fan boards after a loss. A subset of fans scream and scream about the OC.

If only Bohl, Vigen, Bath, Cooper, Fuchs and Grant knew what these fans know! But, they don't...so we're stuck with these winning seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Vigen lucked into the combination of Josh Allen and several potent weapons last year. Before and after? Our offense has struggled to move the ball, period, because he keeps calling the same plays over and over, with the same effect. And this year, despite still having Josh, we have the worst offense in the conference, and one of the worst in the nation.
cfootball16
Buckaroo

dapokes wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:57 am Need a tall glass of STFU for 24 hr after a game to not embarrass yourself and the fan base with these trash/whining posts.

We lost. We win that game w Josh heatlhy, but he wasn't. We are still going to be 8-4. We are bowling for the first time in consecutive seasons since 87-88.

I'm sick of all of the sorry-ass loser posters asking for coaches heads. Shut the f-word up. You're annoying 97% of the good posters on this board and making Wyo fans look like some bitchy CSU fans that can't take an L.
Amen!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Message boards wouldn't exist if for not being an outlet for arm chair quarterbacks and bitching. It is for entertainment.

Nothing wrong with an 8 win season, but if the offense doesn't get sorted out ( which is Bohl and co's job do to do) than this is the programs ceiling even on years when we can have 5 NFL players starting. Bohl wants a championship so I am sure he is not happy with bottom of a barrel offense,I am sure Vigen views this year as a disappointment.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:31 am Vigen lucked into the combination of Josh Allen and several potent weapons last year. Before and after? Our offense has struggled to move the ball, period, because he keeps calling the same plays over and over, with the same effect. And this year, despite still having Josh, we have the worst offense in the conference, and one of the worst in the nation.
He lucked into Carson Wentz as well. Guy is just so dang lucky.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

dapokes wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:51 am
fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:31 am Vigen lucked into the combination of Josh Allen and several potent weapons last year. Before and after? Our offense has struggled to move the ball, period, because he keeps calling the same plays over and over, with the same effect. And this year, despite still having Josh, we have the worst offense in the conference, and one of the worst in the nation.
He lucked into Carson Wentz as well. Guy is just so dang lucky.
Yeah, way to ignore the entire rest of the post. :roll:
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

The statistics for this offens are atrocious, especially with JA as our qb. The lack of ability to make in game adjustments is vigens weakness. I like the approach to run the ball, play action, control the clock. The endless runs up the middle haven't worked this year and we were 3/4 through the season before we startex running more off tackle. Qb powers work with JA some, but calling that with smith is retarded, complete lack of understanding your personnel and how to make the most of what you have. The only time we throw downfield is off play action, only works when you have a running game they respect. The shear number of 5 yd out routes is an indication we dont know where to attack a defense through the air. I like vigen and i think bohl and vigen are good at finding and developing qbs. I like their approach to football and the type of offense they run. I would like to see them get better at adjustments and passing more downfield. Perhaps a wr coach to chime in with a route they can exploit all day against someone needs more input in the offense.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I haven't called for Vigen to be fired and still am not. I do think he called a bad game yesterday though. As far as Josh playing and winning yesterday I agree we probably do but I am not sold on Allen as much as other people are. Think he needs to improve in certain area's.

All of us have are own opinions on things. I'll just leave it at that as it doesn't matter what any of us think anyways. We are all blabbering our own thoughts on this board no matter who posts what. No reason for anyone to get mad at anyone else. I am sure if all of us were face to face we could have a discussion without trying to tell each other off. :lol:

I personally don't have any issues with anything anyone posts on this board for the most part. We aren't all going to agree on everything. I think most of us have been around here long enough to know not to take anything personally and it is common for people to call for coaches heads after a loss on pretty much every message board no matter what team it is.

Anyways on to next week. I'l see you guys on the basketball side of the board for tomorrow's game where we can discuss all of the problems with the basketball team :thumb: :D

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

marcuswyo wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:35 am Nothing wrong with an 8 win season....
Maybe.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

What was it...2010? The year Wyoming went 3-9 and people were genuinely excited over beating up CSU 44-0 to close the season. Following that came yet another off-season in which Pokes fans on the WyoNation message board attempted to convince themselves great things were ahead based on the poop they saw in a 3-9 season. It was like an annual charade on this board:

March-August: :D THIS is the year we turn it around! Here's why:
September: :| Uh...we still got this!
October: :? ...we only need to be 6-6.
November: God dammit.

Every year for what felt like forever. The Bohl era started slow, but this program won 8 games in 2016 while winning the division and hosting the conference title game, and will win 8 or more games this fall while getting ready to boost the image of the program when Allen gets drafted high. Most anticipated 6-7 wins with the big losses on offense.

I get it, you want to make most of these "windows" of success...but there is no reason to believe things will nosedive under Bohl. Enjoy the good times, you never know when we'll go back to convincing ourselves that 3-9 wasn't that bad.
Wicks
Blog Team

Post of the year. I have been dealing with these same idiots on Twitter. Some people will just never be happy. I even had one guy tell me he wanted Vigen fires last season when the offense scored 35 points per game.

This tweet puts things in perspective.
https://twitter.com/WyoNationBlog/statu ... 3620587520
dapokes wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:57 am Need a tall glass of STFU for 24 hr after a game to not embarrass yourself and the fan base with these trash/whining posts.

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

Only bright side to yesterday....Boise State won so regardless of what happened in our game, it would never have mattered anyway so....
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

SnowyRange wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:28 am Oh, it's standard on fan boards after a loss. A subset of fans scream and scream about the OC.

If only Bohl, Vigen, Bath, Cooper, Fuchs and Grant knew what these fans know! But, they don't...so we're stuck with these winning seasons.
You also defended Stanard in same manner. :rofl:
Turns out the group of posters you are criticizing were right and you were wrong. Just sayin.

I support whatever Bohl decides and I'm sure he'll closely evaluate the offensive side in the offseason.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

This bad of an offense mandates some change. A co-OC with a knack for identifying weaknesses and knowledge of how to exploit those within a pro style offense should be added to staff. A wr coach with more input in play calling and game planning....something like that. This offense needs changes on the play calling, too many times i have said wtf was that called for? I dont think vigen can adjust during the game well enough and someone needs to tell him what will work and why it will work, then he needs to listen and be willing to adjust.

Overall, i like the direction we are headed, the staff has done well building the program. Next steps need to include adjustments on offense.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Also, I don't think the majority of fans are calling. For anyone to be fired. However, Vigen clearly needs to do a better job than putting the 127th best offense on the field.
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

marcuswyo wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:20 am Also, I don't think the majority of fans are calling. For anyone to be fired. However, Vigen clearly needs to do a better job than putting the 127th best offense on the field.
127th offense usually you lose something...i think some control over game planning is sufficient, but i wouldn't be surprised if the oc of the 127th ranked offense gets the axe. Someone else definitely needs input and authority.