We've got the players just not the coaches...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Dapokes is probably right, the offensive blame really lies with Bohl. It is his program after all. I think he is a good enough coach to work with Vigen on getting something sorted out. This team is failing offensively so I am sure they will take a look at things this off season ( maybe a juco wr or running back, maybe a qb).
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

stymeman wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:27 am Maybe it's the difference in being a D1 coach vs FCS, yes it's been 4 years we all can remember how scary it was the 1st 2 only to hear, "wait til he gets his guys in there" WELLLLL, here they are and yes we lost quite a few to the NFL but it's time to show us what you have, oh wait game in and game out of the same vanilla playcalling etc...maybe FBS is a bit harder than you really expected than FCS. I like the results but when we're winning I want it more and more, I don't think that's being unrealistic. We'll be fine BUT I WANT A CONFERNCE CHAMPIONSSHIP here and sometime soon!!!!! Rant done, again
+1 million
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

stymeman wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:27 am Maybe it's the difference in being a D1 coach vs FCS, yes it's been 4 years we all can remember how scary it was the 1st 2 only to hear, "wait til he gets his guys in there" WELLLLL, here they are and yes we lost quite a few to the NFL but it's time to show us what you have, oh wait game in and game out of the same vanilla playcalling etc...maybe FBS is a bit harder than you really expected than FCS. I like the results but when we're winning I want it more and more, I don't think that's being unrealistic. We'll be fine BUT I WANT A CONFERNCE CHAMPIONSSHIP here and sometime soon!!!!! Rant done, again
To be fair we've improved 400% since his "guys got in here". Better get rid of him and try a whole new offensive identity though
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Facts are, barring last year, our offense has struggled to do much of anything. This year being (so far) the biggest example. We keep trying the same plays over and over, with little success (QB power with Smith on Saturday several times, and running the RB straight into 7 (minimum) defenders all 4 years).

There have been plays where the players break out and do something amazing, only to sink right back to where we were before.

Maybe Vigen doesn't need to be fired. Fine. But he certainly needs to change things up. He needs to make legit in-game adjustments. Not in the last 5 minutes, but when the plays he's calling aren't working.

We have gone up against some solid defenses, yes. But we have also gone up against some really awful defenses and were barely able to do anything. Even the freakin' MARTY ENGLISH sheep defense, we only put up 16 points.

So overreacting to us criticizing Vigen is turning a blind eye towards a problem that has not been improving at all.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

wyokoke wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:49 pm
To be fair we've improved 400% since his "guys got in here". Better get rid of him and try a whole new offensive identity though
again NO WHERE am I calling for anybodys head just how I feel about the Wyoming Cowboys, that's all don't read things into my paragraphs