Nick smith...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:34 am
calpoke25 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:36 pm It does seem our game plan was to win 6-3.
That would've been okay hadn't the game plan stayed that way even after we went down 13-0
this is my main issue with Vigin. He refuses to adapt his scheme until way too late in the game.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:01 pm
calpoke25 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:48 pm We didn’t lose because of Smith, our offensive issues run much deeper than him, that being said I wasn’t as impressed with him as others. How many of his yards came once we were down 2 touchdowns? Failing to convert the QB sneak was a big play and on him. The center and guard did their job. Allen converts that 10/10. Not getting a throw into the end zone on the final play was inexcusable. Just have to get it off and give your team a chance. I wouldn’t say he has better pocket presence than Allen, he simply stands there longer because he is unsure of where to go. Moreover he just doesn’t exude a lot of confidence out there to me. Does anyone remember 2015? We saw a 2015 offense out there with a worse running game.

We didn’t lose totally because of him, but he played a part. Fundamentally we are in year 4 a power running team, that can’t run the football. That is the ultimate issue. Allen covered some of this up with his playmaking ability but today we saw a worse version with the Allen bandaid off.
Smith had thrown for a decent amount before the last two drives for the amount of opportunities he was given before that. Anytime he was given the chance to throw downfield he was fine.

The problem was calling 5 yard outs and qb runs up the middle.

If Conway doesn't muff the punt of Vanmannen doesn't fumble right after Smith completes a pass to him for 10 yards we win.

Not sure what else Smith could have done to win the game based on what Vigen called.
I think he did a great job. My only complaint is he wasn't offered the opportunity to throw the ball a bit more. I like that he didn't try to make a home run every time he threw. I wish Allen would slow down a bit - a 10 yard catch is better than a 40 yard miss.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

If we don’t fumble on the 10 or muff the punt the game plan works as he was expected not to lose the game by asking him to do too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

bump
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Smith didn't play well today for sure. Receivers couldn't get open either and when they did they dropped passes.

Coaches need to recruit better players I guess. While Allen is a better qb than Smith by a mile and Allen is good on the run he sucks as a pocket passer and in Bohl's system if you don't have someone who can complete passes from the pocket on a consistent basis it this offense won't work. Hope they have or get a QB who can be more accurate from the pocket than what we have had. Also need to find some receivers who can get open. Overstreet did well running the ball.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:25 pm Smith didn't play well today for sure. Receivers couldn't get open either and when they did they dropped passes.

Coaches need to recruit better players I guess. While Allen is a better qb than Smith by a mile and Allen is good on the run he sucks as a pocket passer and in Bohl's system if you don't have someone who can complete passes from the pocket on a consistent basis it this offense won't work. Hope they have or get a QB who can be more accurate from the pocket than what we have had. Also need to find some receivers who can get open. Overstreet did well running the ball.
He did. When he wasn't randomly pulled in favor of Woods and Woods' 3 yards a series.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Woods is not a good RB. He's just not
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

Either the redshirt or true freshman will be qb next year
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

He will start next year, at least the 1st game... it is Bohl's style to start the senior qb the first couple games. We all know Bohl will stay the course.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

marcuswyo wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:27 pm He will start next year, at least the 1st game... it is Bohl's style to start the senior qb the first couple games. We all know Bohl will stay the course.
If that's the case we are in serious trouble. Can anybody say 5th year transfer.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

no way smith starts next year.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

He will start next, just can't imagine it is past the first game. It is a sure thing as a run up the middle on first down.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

marcuswyo wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:14 pm He will start next, just can't imagine it is past the first game. It is a sure thing as a run up the middle on first down.
I agree. Bohl will go with the old qb but hopefully when they notice smith hasn’t become a mediocre qb, they will try something else.
W-Y, Until I Die!