A depressing thought

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

The last time Wyoming an outright conference championship...the Berlin Wall was still up and there was an East Germany and West Germany. Jesus.... we can't be that bad!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to that jackass Vigen, we'll never get another conference championship!!!!!! Golden opportunity and we blew it!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

I wasn't even alive yet!
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:42 pm The last time Wyoming an outright conference championship...the Berlin Wall was still up and there was an East Germany and West Germany. Jesus.... we can't be that bad!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to that jackass Vigen, we'll never get another conference championship!!!!!! Golden opportunity and we blew it!!!!
Titleist can I be a Moderator of your Moderators?

Embarrassing post. Ultimate prisoner of the moment stuff, here...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

dapokes wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:49 pm
Wyokie wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:42 pm The last time Wyoming an outright conference championship...the Berlin Wall was still up and there was an East Germany and West Germany. Jesus.... we can't be that bad!!!!!!!!!!

Titleist can I be a Moderator of your Moderators?

Embarrassing post. Ultimate prisoner of the moment stuff, here...
O.K. why is it embarrassing? It's the facts. Our last outright title was in 1988, the Wall came down in 1989. I was in junior high then. It's depressing that we can't do jack poop at winning a conference title!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Another depressing thought... Wyo total offense is ranked 128 of 129 only UTEP is worse: http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/ ... team/21/p3

All those 0, 1, 2, 3 win teams out there have a better total offense ranking then we do. If we had any of their offenses we probably would have anywhere from 1 to 3 more wins on this season.

That's right I'm wishing we had the offensive output of teams with 3 wins or less over the offensive output of our team.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WyomingAg wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:55 pm Another depressing thought... Wyo total offense is ranked 128 of 129 only UTEP is worse: http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/ ... team/21/p3

All those 0, 1, 2, 3 win teams out there have a better total offense ranking then we do. If we had any of their offenses we probably would have anywhere from 1 to 3 more wins on this season.

That's right I'm wishing we had the offensive output of teams with 3 wins or less over the offensive output of our team.
AND with a very potential 1st round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft! :roll: Vigen needs to be fired!!!!
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

I know it's knee jerk and all, and I've been pleasantly surprised with our record this year, as the Pokes have actually been better than I expected they'd be, but this year's team reminds me sooo sooo sooo much of Joe Glenn's teams. Nearly non-existent offense with an incredible defense.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

How bad would the offense be without an NFL caliber qb, 7 points per game sounds about right?
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

marcuswyo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:08 pm How bad would the offense be without an NFL caliber qb, 7 points per game sounds about right?

I haven't seen the stats, but I think Smith did a good job considering there was no running game and whoever was calling the plays kept calling 4 yard passing plays when we needed 10.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

SJSU is horribad. Pokes likely finish 8-4, end up in a bowl. Of course everyone wants to shoot for the stars, that's the dream... but this is no dire situation. These are good times, good times that...as we learned from 2000-2013, are not a birth right. Enjoy success.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

J-Rod wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:23 pm SJSU is horribad. Pokes likely finish 8-4, end up in a bowl. Of course everyone wants to shoot for the stars, that's the dream... but this is no dire situation. These are good times, good times that...as we learned from 2000-2013, are not a birth right. Enjoy success.
I want a conference championship before I die of old age!!!!!!!!!! Is THAT too much to ask for????? :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

Let's see, when is the last time we had back-to-back seasons where we compiled 15 wins?

Twenty years ago, that's when.

Let's not start ranting about how bad our coaches are now.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

WyomingAg wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:55 pm Another depressing thought... Wyo total offense is ranked 128 of 129 only UTEP is worse: http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/ ... team/21/p3

unacceptable. Vigen can't be allowed to be an charge of things
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Two actual winning seasons in a row is a start. Our team is still young even though we're losing Allen. Next season could be special just based on defense being essentially the same with a year of experience, and I think Smith will be okay as a game manager.

I'm mainly worried about going too conservative offensively, though. I think our players are better than they get the chance to show.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Defense wins championships, but offense is important too. Got to be able to score and it is shocking how bad our run game is, as that is this teams offensive focus. Happy we got the opportunity to get to 8 or 9 wins with just defense.
Last edited by ELKMT on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 141 times

J-Rod wrote:SJSU is horribad. Pokes likely finish 8-4, end up in a bowl. Of course everyone wants to shoot for the stars, that's the dream... but this is no dire situation. These are good times, good times that...as we learned from 2000-2013, are not a birth right. Enjoy success.
Mostly this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

poke_addict wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:49 pm I wasn't even alive yet!

GET OFF MY LAWN!

j/k :)
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:23 pm SJSU is horribad. Pokes likely finish 8-4, end up in a bowl. Of course everyone wants to shoot for the stars, that's the dream... but this is no dire situation. These are good times, good times that...as we learned from 2000-2013, are not a birth right. Enjoy success.
Last year was a good year (offense). This year is a good year (defense + st). Maybe next year we combine the three and make everyone rethink what our team name should be "eg Soulcrushing Cowboys vs Cowboys".

We don't lose alot this year either:
Ryan Cummings
Kolton Donovan
Dalton Fields
Rico Gafford
Tim Kamana
Nela Lolohea
Jalen Ortiz
Robert Priester
Drew Van Maanen
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Gafford, Priester, and Van Maanen will be the biggest losses. Do we even have another fullback with experience? I think I've seen Watson, but not very much.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:57 pm Gafford, Priester, and Van Maanen will be the biggest losses. Do we even have another fullback with experience? I think I've seen Watson, but not very much.
Van Maanen hasn't given much reason to be replaced on the field. I have a feeling some teams will be looking for a real fullback in the NFL.

And Gafford and Priester have really contributed to the defense this season.