Fresno State Game Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
sbbulldog85
Buckaroo

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:26 pm Two take aways from that:

1. Smith looked ok when given the chances to throw. Moved the ball well when the leash was removed
2. Supremely disappointed in the play calling today. Vigen played right into Fresnos strategy by neutering Smith. Didn't attempt a vertical throw until the last 3 minutes of the game and over half of our 3 and shorts he called that poop QB run up the middle. He did nothing to put pressure on Fresno and a lot to put it on the Pokes. We knew they would stack the box and focus on the runs and short throws, which they did, and that's all we called for 3 quarters! That was as a vanilla and gutless game plan as I have seen from Vigen and he is known for being vanilla and gutless.

Overall very disappointed in that game. That was a game we could have won. Even without Josh England we're the better team
Great game. Wyoming never gave up even though they were dominated most of the game. Good luck next week against San Jose.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

sbbulldog85 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:31 pm

1. Smith looked ok when given the chances to throw. Moved the ball well when the leash was removed
2. Supremely disappointed in the play calling today. Vigen played right into Fresnos strategy by neutering Smith. Didn't attempt a vertical throw until the last 3 minutes of the game and over half of our 3 and shorts he called that poop QB run up the middle. He did nothing to put pressure on Fresno and a lot to put it on the Pokes. We knew they would stack the box and focus on the runs and short throws, which they did, and that's all we called for 3 quarters! That was as a vanilla and gutless game plan as I have seen from Vigen and he is known for being vanilla and gutless.

Overall very disappointed in that game. That was a game we could have won. Even without Josh England we're the better team
Great game. Wyoming never gave up even though they were dominated most of the game. Good luck next week against San Jose.
I wouldn't really call it it dominated. Definitely outplayed. Congrats on clinching the division.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I’m actually less upset about this loss then I thought I would be.

We could have won this game without much imagination.

As bad as our offense has been (I look more at at overall consistency and execution then play calling) I knew we would lose a game like this sooner or later. We need to finish strong and against San Jose state and set our team up for a bowl game win and a 9 win season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

sbbulldog85 wrote:

Good luck to you the next two weeks. I’m guessing BSU sweeps the two games 76-31

W-Y, Until I Die!
sbbulldog85
Buckaroo

laxwyo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:37 pm
sbbulldog85 wrote:

Good luck to you the next two weeks. I’m guessing BSU sweeps the two games 76-31

Ok, Nostradamus, your guess-o-meter might be a little off.
I'm pretty sure you were probably "guessing" that the Cowboys were going to beat the Bulldogs at home too. LOL
Wyoming's defense thrives off turnovers, and this is probably one of the few games this year, where the Cowboys lost the turnover battle to another team. Anyway like I said no hard feelings, good luck the rest of the way.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

sbbulldog85 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:29 pm
sbbulldog85 wrote:

I'm pretty sure you were probably "guessing" that the Cowboys were going to beat the Bulldogs at home too. LOL
Wyoming's defense thrives off turnovers, and this is probably one of the few games this year, where the Cowboys lost the turnover battle to another team. Anyway like I said no hard feelings, good luck the rest of the way.
I don't know if I'd call sneaking out of Laramie with a 6 point victory a "domination". FSU took advantage of one turnover and was stymied the rest of the game by the UW defense. They won fair and square but let's call it what it was. A defensive struggle where FSU made a couple more plays than Wyoming. Congrats on your conference championship and the opportunity to be smoked by BSU twice
Last edited by ItSucksToBeACSURam on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

sbbulldog85 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:31 pm

Your team sucks and you were fortunate to win. You dodged a major bullet with Allen being out. If Allen plays Wyoming wins 9/10 games.
sbbulldog85
Buckaroo

This was supposed to be a rebuilding year for Fresno. We were picked last in our division this year. And now Fresno has won their division and is returning to the CCG for the third time in five years, I will take it. If Boise beats Fresno this year, so be it. This year has still been a resounding success, and our team will be even better when we host the Cowboys in Fresno next year.
FresnoStDoggies
Buckaroo

nice close game, about what I thought it would be. im curious how it would have come out had allen been healthy, I imagine a lot more offense on both sides. you guys have a good team and great coach that is turning things around, looking forward to seeing future matchups! good luck on rest of your year and bowl.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

sbbulldog85 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:05 pm This was supposed to be a rebuilding year for Fresno. We were picked last in our division this year. And now Fresno has won their division and is returning to the CCG for the third time in five years, I will take it. If Boise beats Fresno this year, so be it. This year has still been a resounding success, and our team will be even better when we host the Cowboys in Fresno next year.
Are you under the impression Wyoming won't be a year older and even better next year?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

FresnoStDoggies wrote:nice close game, about what I thought it would be. im curious how it would have come out had allen been healthy, I imagine a lot more offense on both sides. you guys have a good team and great coach that is turning things around, looking forward to seeing future matchups! good luck on rest of your year and bowl.
Your team reminds me of the cowboys last year. Toughing out games but probably not as good as the record. Good luck. Maybe your defense can stop the broncos passing game but I doubt it.

W-Y, Until I Die!
sbbulldog85
Buckaroo

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:49 pm
sbbulldog85 wrote:

I don't know if I'd call sneaking out of Laramie with a 6 point victory a "domination". FSU took advantage of one turnover and was stymied the rest of the game by the UW defense. They won fair and square but let's call it what it was. A defensive struggle where FSU made a couple more plays than Wyoming. Congrats on your conference championship and the opportunity to be smoked by BSU twice
that's all football is, just a game of chances. Wyoming was beating Boise until the 4 qtr, maybe if Wyoming doesn't throw 2 ints in that game they win. The margin for winning or losing can be very slim in games like these. Wyoming has a very good team and Fresno is fortunate to have won today on the road.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

FresnoStDoggies wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:09 pm nice close game, about what I thought it would be. im curious how it would have come out had allen been healthy, I imagine a lot more offense on both sides. you guys have a good team and great coach that is turning things around, looking forward to seeing future matchups! good luck on rest of your year and bowl.
Good post. definitely would have been different with Josh
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

sbbulldog85 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:22 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:49 pm
sbbulldog85 wrote:

that's all football is, just a game of chances. Wyoming was beating Boise until the 4 qtr, maybe if Wyoming doesn't throw 2 ints in that game they win. The margin for winning or losing can be very slim in games like these. Wyoming has a very good team and Fresno is fortunate to have won today on the road.
Oh theres no doubt. Wyoming didn't make the plays to win and Fresno did but Fresno didn't dominate anyone today. Honestly, I believe Wyoming has the better team but came up short today. It happens. Last year we probably shouldn't have beat Boise but we made more plays when it mattered than they did. Either way, hats off to the Bulldogs. Tedford looks legit and FSU looks to be a real pain in the ass out of that cupcake division of the MWC.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

If this game didn't prove that Vigen isn't up to the task, I don't know what it takes. I wouldn't be surprised if Vigen lets SJSU beat the Pokes.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Adv8RU12 wrote:If this game didn't prove that Vigen isn't up to the task, I don't know what it takes. I wouldn't be surprised if Vigen lets SJSU beat the Pokes.
The same coordinator that had a great offense is trash now. It has nothing to do with the team executing.

W-Y, Until I Die!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:18 pm
Adv8RU12 wrote:If this game didn't prove that Vigen isn't up to the task, I don't know what it takes. I wouldn't be surprised if Vigen lets SJSU beat the Pokes.
The same coordinator that had a great offense is trash now. It has nothing to do with the team executing.

What GREAT offense are you referring to.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Cuttslam wrote:

I believe we were the #1 scoring offense last year

W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:33 pm
Cuttslam wrote:

Dude lucked into 6 NFL talents. He's not a good OC. Plain and simple
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:33 pm
Cuttslam wrote:

This year we are 128 of 129 in national standings for total offense and #95 for scoring offense. Other teams lost 4 players like we did, yet some how all those teams didn't become 2nd to last in the nation in offense. 1-11 sjsu has a higher ranked total offense them we do.

Oh also those NFL talent were all on the team the year before when we had 2 wins. How come we couldn't utilize the NFL talent that year?